collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?  (Read 61884 times)

Offline KC8114

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The loyal subjects vinyl figures. I got one! Anyone else seen them?
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2017, 10:45:11 AM »
I purchased an entire case of 12  :lol:.  It should be here next week!  I imagine I will have doubles and I'm happy to trade/sell the doubles that I get  ^.^
Thank you aluke for my lovely avatar!!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2017, 11:17:27 PM »
Yay I found one of my Walmarts has at last put out a movie toy:  Pirate AJ!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She comes with a cutlass, and her hat is removable and so is most of her outfit including the cloak and leggings which are rubber, but not the collar-T-shirt part which is either part of the pony plastic or glued on (the collar).  I really tried but I couldn't figure out how to get her to wear the rubber goggles with wings thing she came with....so I had Loyal Subjects Applejack try it on, and it fits her much better!

So, someone asked if the GoH figures can do stuff like I was trying with the Loyal Subjects, so...I gave it a shot:

Not the best but, it kinda worked...I couldn't get the Loyal Subjects hooves to go flat upwards due to lack of elbows so this is the first thing I tried with GoH AJ, and it was hard to deal with the balance issue with GoH AJ standing, so I had to use her sitting....I'm not sure it's impossible with her standing, it's just a tedious matter of finding the right balance position.

Nonetheless, here I have one gen of Applejack actively working together with another Applejack to do some acrobatic pose and I'm quite happy about that.  Really makes me happy that I happened to choose AJ cuz she goes so well with the GoH Aj I just found today.  There is just something about G1 and G4 Applejack together in the same place and time.

Hope you enjoy it!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »
Thanks to a wonderful member here I now have an Applejack and Firefly, but I haven't been able to make them do any neat poses yet.

Great picture lostpony.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 03, 2017, 01:40:04 PM »
I purchased an entire case of 12  :lol:.  It should be here next week!  I imagine I will have doubles and I'm happy to trade/sell the doubles that I get  ^.^

Ooooh! Where did you purchase your case from?

I am getting pretty tired of waiting for my Pre-Order case since it should have been here last month and they have no sign of when it is coming in.
~Foxtale~

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2017, 02:03:27 PM »
Has anyone found a blind box Lickety Split yet?! 

Love the SDCC ponies too :D

Meeee!  My first one I opened from B-A-M was a Lickity Split!  I couldn't believe it!  So now I have LS, Glory (x2), Princess Sparkle (x2), and an Applejack.  I went back for another one the other day, but they were all gone. UGH  LoL

Wow that's so awesome!  And on the first try?!  I would have freaked out  :whoa:
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2017, 02:21:22 PM »
Yay I found one of my Walmarts has at last put out a movie toy:  Pirate AJ!!

She comes with a cutlass, and her hat is removable and so is most of her outfit including the cloak and leggings which are rubber, but not the collar-T-shirt part which is either part of the pony plastic or glued on (the collar).  I really tried but I couldn't figure out how to get her to wear the rubber goggles with wings thing she came with....so I had Loyal Subjects Applejack try it on, and it fits her much better!

So, someone asked if the GoH figures can do stuff like I was trying with the Loyal Subjects, so...I gave it a shot:

Not the best but, it kinda worked...I couldn't get the Loyal Subjects hooves to go flat upwards due to lack of elbows so this is the first thing I tried with GoH AJ, and it was hard to deal with the balance issue with GoH AJ standing, so I had to use her sitting....I'm not sure it's impossible with her standing, it's just a tedious matter of finding the right balance position.

Nonetheless, here I have one gen of Applejack actively working together with another Applejack to do some acrobatic pose and I'm quite happy about that.  Really makes me happy that I happened to choose AJ cuz she goes so well with the GoH Aj I just found today.  There is just something about G1 and G4 Applejack together in the same place and time.

Hope you enjoy it!

Adorable! :3
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 04, 2017, 02:11:20 PM »
Congrats STLGusty on getting a Lickety Split. :)

I know there was some discussion at one point about how the ponies looked in Rescue at Midnight Castle and how the Loyal Subject ponies look (for those ponies that appeared in the special) Here's a couple of pics I took of Applejack and Firefly.

Ponyfan

lostpony

« Reply #247 on: August 04, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »
Looks pretty accurate to me except Applejack just looks so much better in action than she ever can as a figure.

and...seaponies!!!!!!    great pics thanks Ponyfan!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 05, 2017, 01:46:59 AM »
If their heads were just somewhat smaller I think I'd actually like them.  Alas, I still can't get over the disproportion.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

lostpony

« Reply #249 on: August 05, 2017, 10:55:48 PM »
The giant heads do help balance the entire weight of the whole body....haha. 

Not nearly as big as Funko Pops though.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2017, 11:43:36 PM »
The giant heads do help balance the entire weight of the whole body....haha. 

Not nearly as big as Funko Pops though.

Probably why I think Pop figures are ugly as heck. :P  I'd rather have a fakie!  :throw:
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

lostpony

« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2017, 11:56:52 PM »
I don't like Pops either.  I am at a loss as to how they are a thing.

I'm trying to figure out why I like LPS figures.  By head measurement alone, i should despise them.  I like G3.5 too, i wonder if the same secret reason as LPS is working there?

My own head is too big to fit through a doorway, but I'm not the one who has to look at it all the time, haha. 

I think the posability is what is making me like these guys.  Also, while the heads are big, they are kinda calculatedly big:  enough that their profile still looks Pony, but head-on they are wide enough and carefully sculpted to have an attractive forward-looking face which I thought I might find distasteful (not liking anthro things so much) but at least they are carefully designed and aren't just exaggeratedly massive and weird. 

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2017, 03:49:06 PM »
Looks pretty accurate to me except Applejack just looks so much better in action than she ever can as a figure.

and...seaponies!!!!!!    great pics thanks Ponyfan!

Thank you lostpony. :) I think the Loyal Subjects ponies look pretty close to their animated versions also. Even the tail ribbon colors are a close match.

Ponyfan

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 07, 2017, 01:48:54 AM »
Omg I'm so excited, an Australian collector posted on FB that they found these at Zing! I'm planning on going shopping this Friday and I almost can't wait to check for them! XD (I was literally in a Zing on Sunday and didn't see them, they better have some when I check next) :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2017, 02:56:06 PM »
I found a GUSTY!!!! :biggrin:

I bought all of the blind boxes at my local BooksAMillion and ended up with some doubles but so happy with the Gusty!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal