collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: fixing candy cane ponies' hair? (3 large images)  (Read 432 times)

Offline ponyshoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
fixing candy cane ponies' hair? (3 large images)
« on: August 17, 2015, 03:36:37 PM »
i hate to have my first non-introduction post be something asking for help... but...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

i recently got this sugar sweet on ebay, not for collecting/restoring i just wanted a cute pink unicorn. but when she got here her hair was crazy frizzy and her hair smell was so strong it made me feel sick (it didn't smell bad, i've just always been very sensitive to dolls with scented hair strawberry shortcakes and whatnot.) so i tried to de-frizz her hair like i do with all of my normal ponies but it didn't quite get all of the frizz out. she still has sort of 'split ends' and i don't know how to fix that. also the scent in her hair faded away somewhat and even though before it made me sick i still kind of sad and i feel like i ruined her a little bit :c the split ends, and the slight smell is really uncomfortable to me to play with her like the rest of my ponies. is there any way for me to fix this? or at least does anyone have or know of a sugar sweet for sale anywhere that doesnt have these problems ? cause i'm really sad I feel like i ruined my favorite pony :C

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: fixing candy cane ponies' hair? (3 large images)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 04:02:59 PM »
I had a really frizzy sugar sweet that had no scent and I fixed the hair by leaving softener/conditioner in it over night  and then washing it out with hot water and curling it around some foam curlers and again let sit over night. I got some nice curls out of that and after twisting around my finger a bit they look  like candy canes XD
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 06:39:21 PM »
Her scent is in the plastic so you won't be able to remove it and most of them retain their scent quite well even if they are ratty looking.  Perhaps someone has a Sugar Sweet that doesn't have a detectable scent any longer and would like to trade.

As for the condition of her hair: aside from using a flat iron on very low temperature and lots of water and conditioner to straighten her hair there's not much you can do for the frizziness. If you put her hair in curls at least you won't be able to see the ends as much if they bother you.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
it looks fixable =)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 01:05:30 PM »
Thats what we are here for :) Ask as many questions as you need to.

I agree there is a lot you can do for these girls but the first step is to de frizz as much as possible.

Unfortunately sometimes nylon hair does have dry ends which cant be fixed due to too much damage. But I would give an overnight-24 hour soak in conditioner and baby oil a go. Lather the mix on the hair and then wrap in clingfilm/saran wrap to prevent it drying out. See if that makes any initial difference for you. You may need to repeat it a few times.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal