collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 629
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Deflocking value?  (Read 1353 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Deflocking value?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 01:50:06 AM »
I find deflocking increase value but it depends who is buying. I would prefer buying ponies deflocked than doing it myself cause its so hard! Normally people charge people about $15 to deflock a pony and to be honset all those I have seen being sold on the arena have asking prices of $20 + for the common ss deflocked like ribbons and paradise
Nice thread thou I was wondering this myself

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 05:56:27 AM »
ugly yellowed or partly ripped off flocking - remove it! its that simple :D
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 07:38:21 AM »
I have only 1 deflock in my herd currently. The other was traded. This pony is SS taffy. When I got her she barely had any flocking at  all so I decided to deflock her. I think there is a market for deflocks. Though I think that deflocking should only be used as a last resort.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:27:11 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 08:27:09 AM »
A pony can become "mint" again (though I use that term loosely in this case)
if she has been deflocked. There is only so much cleaning you can do with a SS. A SS with bad flocking loss just looks like she has mange and I'd MUCH rather personally buy a nicely deflocked one than a nasty grubby looking flocked one.
Also, deflocking can be a bit of a pain in the rump, so having it already be done is one less thing to worry about.

That's just my personal preferance though, I also would rather have a well done re-hair than a chopped dry original mane :p
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

angela22

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 07:13:12 PM »
"Mange"    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:57 PM »
Honestly, I much prefer a so soft with the flocking and will spend the time to search for one with excellent flocking rather than get a mangy one. That said, if it is a rare one, I might be willing to take one on its less than perfect flocking just to have her in my collection. There's just something special about a so soft to me.  :)

That said, I think the value depends on the buyer.  Some colletors really prefer a really well-executed deflock (they are a lot of work!) and are willing to pay more for that.  And I think it is worth that too.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 12:46:45 AM »
Even though Im not fond of the flocking i would only de-flock if they are all icky and can not be cleaned.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 12:50:44 AM »
I would say perfect flocking is worth more than deflocked, but deflocked would be worth more than cruddy flocking.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 02:41:36 AM »
Personally I like them to be flocked, although I can see why some people might want to collect deflocked ones.

I sure hope no minty so soft ponies are deflocked just to make their "value" go up! I would be horrified if that happened! Only really manky so softs should be considered for flocking removal.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 03:46:17 AM »
I am sure no one deflocks good flocked ponies cause they are hard to come by and would fetch more than a deflock generally speaking : )

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 04:40:09 AM »
I like So Softs, so I sure hope a SS with good flocking would always sell for more than a deflock. But when I see the prices some deflocks go for on eBay compared to perfectly fine SS, it does kind of worry me that people will get the idea that deflocking generally increases value.

A deflock is essentially kind of like a custom.

Offline paradise-estate

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I Heart G1 Ponehs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 05:49:25 AM »
Hmmm I like the so softs as they are to be honest! I know the flocking can get ugly, but isn't there perfectly doable ways to clean them up? Would it not take less time to clean the flocking rather than de-flocking? I understand that if half the flocking is gone, yes, remove it ^.^
So softs (from what i can gather now) weren't that common/popular in the  UK back in the day and are quite hard to get hold of (for me personally). So i tend to appreciate them as they are! But I'm a bit shocked  that de-flocked can reach more! I always thought it was a type of custom too, like Spike said.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

** COLLECTING G1 PONIES FOR MY HERD :D THE MORE THE MERRIER!**
My WANT LIST*~* My gallery of adoptables I've drawn!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 06:03:36 AM »
Hmmm I like the so softs as they are to be honest! I know the flocking can get ugly, but isn't there perfectly doable ways to clean them up? Would it not take less time to clean the flocking rather than de-flocking? I understand that if half the flocking is gone, yes, remove it ^.^
So softs (from what i can gather now) weren't that common/popular in the  UK back in the day and are quite hard to get hold of (for me personally). So i tend to appreciate them as they are! But I'm a bit shocked  that de-flocked can reach more! I always thought it was a type of custom too, like Spike said.

I agree, but one of my so soft's flocking is so manky looking there is no way it could be cleaned up. The flocking is not just dirty; it is damaged and play worn (the actual flocking looks worn, not just bald patches). The only reason I have not deflocked her is because I am looking to get an upgrade first. I view deflocks as customs also, so she would be sold on. She is the only one I have considered for a deflock, despite the fact that some of my others also have less than perfect flocking.

As far as I am aware So Softs were not sold in the UK at all?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:07:58 AM by moonflower »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 01:22:09 PM »

I agree, but one of my so soft's flocking is so manky looking there is no way it could be cleaned up. The flocking is not just dirty; it is damaged and play worn (the actual flocking looks worn, not just bald patches). The only reason I have not deflocked her is because I am looking to get an upgrade first. I view deflocks as customs also, so she would be sold on. She is the only one I have considered for a deflock, despite the fact that some of my others also have less than perfect flocking.

As far as I am aware So Softs were not sold in the UK at all?

Yes, thats right...no so softs for us :( Even the Paradise which is featured in the Hasbro marketing material with Paradise Estate is a non so soft version!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal