collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 565 times)

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Two Questions
« on: July 17, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »
1.  Say you pay someone to make you pony clothes, and you get them and admire them for awhile, then have a desire to sell the pony and clothes.  Would some of the money from your sale have to go back to the original clothes creator, or is the original clothes payment that you made the only one that matters? (I feel REALLY dumb for asking this, but I just want to be sure so I don't cheat someone out of money in the future; I'm not in this situation now, but you never know what'll happen later on.)

2.  Is there a way to get the G4 Fashion Style wings off safely?  They are just glued on, right?

Offline Summer-blade

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
Re: Two Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 02:05:30 PM »
 1. I say once you pay for it in full it's yours to keep or sell as you wish. But it would be nice to tell whoever you sell it to who the original maker was.

2. the wings of a G4 FS are glued on as far as I know But I think there's also an indention in the pony's back so the wings aren't so high off the body. You most likely could get the wings off but I don't think it would be easy and it would leave a gash in the pony's back that you'd have to sculpt over and sand down 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:07:07 PM by Summer-blade »

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 02:10:30 PM »
They're glued in, but there's also a plug (similar to the one holding the FS's heads on) inside. I boiled one a while ago to get the tail out and the wings didn't want to budge at all.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »
generally, it's considered appropriate to make it clear the clothing was not your own creation, and who made it,  when selling, but that is it; the creator has already been paid by you. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 02:21:28 PM »
You guys rock; thanks so much for the fast answers!

Offline Summer-blade

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »
You guys rock; thanks so much for the fast answers!

you're welcome!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
generally, it's considered appropriate to make it clear the clothing was not your own creation, and who made it,  when selling, but that is it; the creator has already been paid by you. :)

Yup this! And sometimes when I have considered selling a custom, I have actually pm'd the original creator of the pony if it wasnt a commission to give the creator the first right to "buy back" if you like - but thats just me being paranoid and super polite :P. As Lunar says, you paid for it and the item is yours to do as you wish but courtesy is perhaps to say who did make it originally to a new buyer.

On the FS wings, I am curious as well - does anyone have picturs of a pegasus FS sans her wings? The only reason I ask is I remember someone mentioning to me as well that there is a plug and indent and then in another thread there was interesting speculation which I thought sounded very likely that the "wingless" Dash we have seen by way of Taobao had simply been a pony who missed having her wings added during manufacture but her back is smooth with no dents or space for plugs.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
On the FS wings, I am curious as well - does anyone have picturs of a pegasus FS sans her wings? The only reason I ask is I remember someone mentioning to me as well that there is a plug and indent and then in another thread there was interesting speculation which I thought sounded very likely that the "wingless" Dash we have seen by way of Taobao had simply been a pony who missed having her wings added during manufacture but her back is smooth with no dents or space for plugs.

I just compared my wingless Rainbow Dash to my normal Rainbow Dash. Wingless Rainbow Dash is actually in the same pose as Pinkie Pie, with her right front hoof extended a little. Normal Rainbow Dash stands with her front feet even. It also appears that the normal Rainbow Dash's wings are anchored in some way from the inside. So my guess is not that the factory error is the wings not being placed, but rather being cast in the wrong body mold. With the uneven feet I imagine she wouldn't be stable enough to stay upright with wings. All of the other normal pegasus ponies also have the 4 feet evenly distributing the weight and evenly lined up too. The wings are at least as heavy as the pony, making them really top-heavy!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:30:05 PM by babystarz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 04:32:33 PM »

I just compared my wingless Rainbow Dash to my normal Rainbow Dash. Wingless Rainbow Dash is actually in the same pose as Pinkie Pie, with her right front hoof extended a little. Normal Rainbow Dash stands with her front feet even. It also appears that the normal Rainbow Dash's wings are anchored in some way from the inside. So my guess is not that the factory error is the wings not being placed, but rather being cast in the wrong body mold. With the uneven feet I imagine she wouldn't be stable enough to stay upright with wings. All of the other normal pegasus ponies also have the 4 feet evenly distributing the weight and evenly lined up too. The wings are at least as heavy as the pony, making them really top-heavy!

Thank you! Now that makes more sense!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal