collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guess who was hiding at the back of the shelf.  (Read 849 times)

JustHereForPictures

• Trade Count: (0)
Guess who was hiding at the back of the shelf.
« on: March 19, 2013, 06:48:27 AM »
My Robecca came in the other day and I went to pick her up this morning. Apart from a little bit of hair loss and the nightmare that was getting her out of the box (why they have to put those little rubber bands in their hair I do not know) she's gorgeous, I love her and pictures will be coming forthwith.

I decided to have a look at what they had on the shelves, thinking about maybe picking up Clawdeen if they still had her.

They didn't.

But hiding at the back of the shelves, facing the wall, was Deuce ( had to get all the other ones out and organise them before I found him).

So now I'm not having pizza tonight (I made myself choose, takeaway pizza or new MH doll) but I have a Deuce.

Who seems to be getting along very well with Ghoulia.

Pictures will be forthcoming.

faunabay

Re: Guess who was hiding at the back of the shelf.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:14:39 AM »
 :biggrin:  I've done that before.   Not choose between food and dolls  :shocked: but I have made myself decide whether I wanted take out or something else I wanted to buy!! 

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:27:16 AM »
:biggrin:  I've done that before.   Not choose between food and dolls  :shocked: but I have made myself decide whether I wanted take out or something else I wanted to buy!!

I do it all the time... Do I really need to buy myself that nifty mixer... Or should I get a couple of dolls... While the mixer might be helpful... I would choose the dolls cuz they make me happy...  Of course baking makes me happy too...

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »
I would choose toys over food anyday!  Congrats on finding Deuce - I have yet to see one on the shelf!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 10:37:13 AM »
I would've done the same thing, I don't buy groceries for the house, so if I ever did buy food, it'd be just to have something to eat because I was craving it, so when I'm out buying something to eat and look at the toy section, and I have to choose, I would ask myself: "New doll that'll last a long time? or food that'll keep me full for about an hour..." usually ditch the basket and grab the doll instead, and live with what I have at home to eat. :P
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »
I do it all the time... Do I really need to buy myself that nifty mixer... Or should I get a couple of dolls... While the mixer might be helpful... I would choose the dolls cuz they make me happy...  Of course baking makes me happy too...

Well mixing by hand is very good exercise.

I would choose toys over food anyday!  Congrats on finding Deuce - I have yet to see one on the shelf!

To be fair, it wasn't doll vs food. It was doll vs unnecessary and unhealthy and expensive food. I still did my shopping for everything else.

I don't think I would have found him if he hadn't been at the very very back and facing the wall, hidden by everybody else. I was digging through them and it was like 'this is just going to be another Scaris Draculaura...wait, it's Deuce. Must have.'

He and Ghoulia are getting along very well, Jinafire doesn't quite understand the fuss and Robecca is having a whale of a time exploring.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 05:18:40 PM »
I don't think I would have found him if he hadn't been at the very very back and facing the wall, hidden by everybody else. I was digging through them and it was like 'this is just going to be another Scaris Draculaura...wait, it's Deuce. Must have.'
Sounds like maybe someone hid him there with the intention of coming back for him later.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
Monster High or eat...the answer is obvious :) Monster High! :heart:
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Tagi

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »

.....No

The answer is eat. I love dolls, eating is more important. It really, really is.

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »

.....No

The answer is eat. I love dolls, eating is more important. It really, really is.

Seconding this.

I would like to state that I did actually buy food in addition to Deuce. The only decision was whether or not to order takeaway pizza tonight (which costs about the same as Deuce did) since I try and budget for one 'treat' per week.

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 07:25:30 PM »

.....No

Seconding this.

I would like to state that I did actually buy food in addition to Deuce. The only decision was whether or not to order takeaway pizza tonight (which costs about the same as Deuce did) since I try and budget for one 'treat' per week.

I would have to say I would have gone for the Duece "treat" over the pizza as well.. Glad you got to find him. :)
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »
I would have to say I would have gone for the Duece "treat" over the pizza as well.. Glad you got to find him.

Yeah, significantly less calories and it probably turned out cheaper.

I mean, he doesn't taste quite as nice but still...

Sounds like maybe someone hid him there with the intention of coming back for him later.

Now I feel slightly guilty. Still, every collector for themselves.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
But if you found an extra Deuce and then sold him on Ebay.....you could buy a LOT of pizza. :D

Someone here may even send you a pizza in the mail for him. Can't guarantee freshness, though. Cheese may have turned a rainbow of colors by the time it's arrived.

I haven't had good pizza in a while. That's it. I'm getting myself a pizza this upcoming weekend. And it's gonna be a good one, dangit!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »
But if you found an extra Deuce and then sold him on Ebay.....you could buy a LOT of pizza. :D

Well, maybe not-  Justice had them for $19 not too long ago, and they are regularly on Amazon now for $19-$34 - I think maybe they made more of these guys than we had feared :D  (still on the harder end to find, but not crazy prices really)

Glad you got your doll though!  There is something fun about finding one yourself in the store!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal