collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I am not allowed to move ever again. Look at what I just unearthed  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
Short story:
I moved about 4 years ago, and never set up my ponies after the move.  I always knew I had some pretty rare ponies, it was always in the back of my mind.  I just couldnt get into the swing of it again.  Until just a day and a half ago someone posted on FB asking Arena usernames, and I came crawling back.  On a whim i looked on ebay to see if i could, maybe, add to my small Lickety Split army... and discovered one of mine that I always thought was a rehair, turned out to be a legit and fairly rare version of her ;p (Ty PKW for helping me there!) 

TLDR: I moved 4 years ago. forgot about my ponies.

TODAY I went on a hunt for that Lickety Split.  I didnt find her.... instead i found...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THREE MOC ponies that I FORGOT I EVEN HAD.  not one but TWO argies and a MOC TAF.  :faint: One was even a pony I consider a grail!   :drunk: 

Have any of you ever been so detached from your collection to outright forget you had certain ponies?!  Im dying over here.  HOW in the eight levels of heck did I forget about ANY of my ponies?!
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
Re: I am not allowed to move ever again. Look at what I just unearthed
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 05:15:07 PM »
Oh nice. Many congratulations, Chibi! :D

Yes, so yes. I'm still in the process of unpacking all the ponies and their things after moving five years ago. Have found a couple (nothing half as cool as yours) that I completely forgot about having. Which very much resulted in a "when did I get this?" moment. Honestly I think when they are packed away, especially for years, it is a bit easier to forget all of what you have.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 06:06:43 PM »
This has happened to me a lot  :blush: The most recent was I found a MOC SS Buttons I forgot I had  :P

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 07:53:42 PM »
Drooling over that MOC Sweet Tooth!  :dribble:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 08:19:51 PM »
:D nice! Hehehe.. you can celebrate them all over again.
:party:

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 08:35:43 PM »
It happens to me all the time.  My collection is large, and my display space is small, so most of my collection lives in bins  anywhere I can find the space.  The down side to that is it's hard to tell what I have, and what I need, so I have re-bought stuff I didn't know I had, and I've passed items I actually needed. 

A personal favorite example of this involved a SS Angel I was considering buying from a friend of mine.  I'd been after this pony for a while, and I really wanted to *finally* get one.  She had it for a reasonable, but not cheap, price.  I had to get back to her quickly, so I went into the pony room to think.  I sat down on the futon.  I'm sitting there thinking when I look up at my pony "temporary" shelf(where I tend to put stuff that doesn't have a permanent home yet - stuff could sit there for years before I got to it sometimes).  Sitting right there is a SS Angel - and in even better condition than the one I was just about to purchase.  I still have no idea where it came from.

The benefit to this is every time I reorganize bins or clean out the closets, it's like Christmas over here!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 09:08:28 PM »
Oooo, what a great surprise!  I love that alternate Baby Moondancer.  <3

I went through this in a minor way recently.  I "finally" bought Twilight Sparkle, because I thought I didn't have her and I wanted the unicorn version, which they aren't making anymore now that she's an alicorn. So I bought her on eBay.  And then two days later I came across Twilight Sparkle in one of my pony boxes!

At least the one I bought off eBay is a different version.  ;)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 11:20:50 PM »
This happened to me too. I had my collection in storage for about 10 years. Started getting back into collecting because I started buying G4's for my daughter. Went to my mom's and got my old boxes out of storage and started setting them up in my office. I discovered I have an Argie baby mint on card too! She's my only MOC pony but I completely forgot about her. It was a very pleasant surprise. That was about 4 years ago. We moved again last Sept and haven't developed the basement yet which is where my new pony room will eventually be. I have been on a buying spree lately for ponies and I can never remember who I have since they're been boxed up so long so I am constantly going down and digging through my boxes before I place a bid because I want to make sure I don't already have the pony, lol.

Anyway, congrats!! That's a super exciting discovery!!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 03:56:23 PM »
Nice find!

I forgot which MIP ponies I still had till I got them all out last summertime. I sold off a bunch of the ones in US packages when I went through a phase of only wanting the UK or European ones, so I didn't think I still had any US carded ponies except the really early ones...but it turned out I had more than I thought.

And I didn't know I had a MOC Sea Shimmer on UK card. Or a MOC Pearly UK Sunshower, which was on my really want list, until I realised I actually already got her. Thankfully I didn't end up with two xD. Still need Ripple though.

On the flip, I was sure I had all the Watercolours except Misty MOC (because she fell off her card in transit), and it turns out I don't have Wavedancer. Unless I had her and I sold her, as I did sell two of the US carded ones when I got European ones...

I wish I could dig out a MOC Argie though ;) That'd be an awesome surprise!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 04:04:05 PM »
This has happened to me, not with ponies but with dolls.
Short story:
I moved about 4 years ago, and never set up my ponies after the move.  I always knew I had some pretty rare ponies, it was always in the back of my mind.  I just couldnt get into the swing of it again.  Until just a day and a half ago someone posted on FB asking Arena usernames, and I came crawling back.  On a whim i looked on ebay to see if i could, maybe, add to my small Lickety Split army... and discovered one of mine that I always thought was a rehair, turned out to be a legit and fairly rare version of her ;p (Ty PKW for helping me there!) 

TLDR: I moved 4 years ago. forgot about my ponies.

TODAY I went on a hunt for that Lickety Split.  I didnt find her.... instead i found...

THREE MOC ponies that I FORGOT I EVEN HAD.  not one but TWO argies and a MOC TAF.  :faint: One was even a pony I consider a grail!   :drunk: 

Have any of you ever been so detached from your collection to outright forget you had certain ponies?!  Im dying over here.  HOW in the eight levels of heck did I forget about ANY of my ponies?!

Nice finds!  But terrible you lost them! Lol

I have done this before, not with ponies but with dolls.  I think keeping an excel spreadsheet can be very helpful if you can force yourself to update it.  Not just for your own knowledge (and because it is kinda fun) but also if you ever have a flood or fire it may be good to know what you lost...

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 08:36:51 PM »
Well, recently I found a box full of ponies I forgot I even had. Like at least 30 ponies... and all of those ponies were on my Want List for Pony Fair this year, glad I found them before I rebought them all XD

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 07:32:34 AM »
I wish I had this problem!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Regina_Mortis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 09:50:22 AM »
I'm definitely finding lots of ponies I didn't know i had as I'm pulling them out of storage. Nothing as awesome as your find though! Congrats on finding those beauties!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 09:56:08 AM »
Wow! What incredible things to rediscover in your collection! Who's the blue pegasus?She reminds me of Windwhistler.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 11:26:16 AM »
I really am gonna open a can of worms when I move. Im going to wonder what I will unearth when I unpack everybody.  I swear I do checklists as well and I keep track very clearly. Most duplicates I know what I have of recently. Though there have been times when I thought I didnt have a pony and find it in my collection. >_< :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal