collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what's the worst way you ruined a pony when you were a kid?  (Read 6523 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: what's the worst way you ruined a pony when you were a kid?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 07:01:49 AM »
Any pony I had went into the bathtub with me.  Or the pool.  I remember Aadra used to always give me grief over my childhood Peppermint Crunch because she was so discolored from pool water - eventually she bought me a MOC for my birthday, lol!  But the majority of my ponies just show wear from being so well loved.  My SS ponies have rubs from being held, curls have been brushed straight, MM symbols are rubbed off, flutter wings are missing, etc.

Oh, and one of my cats hated the Perm Shoppe and peed in it when my back was turned for 5 minutes.  Saddest day ever when Mom threw it out.  Poor Fifi was homeless.  :( 

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 06:45:43 PM »
I wasn't really hard on my toys as a kid, and was generally pretty careful.  Still, at some point Spritzy (Dream Beauty) got dropped and one of her legs snapped (I think she may have fallen off a shelf, I'm not sure).  She was a tripod for a long time as Dad couldn't really find a strong enough glue to hold up to a 6 year old playing with things (but therefore she became grizzled and wise a queen amongst ponies... at least to a child).  I have glued her back together since finding her leg in a box of other childhood things:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's discolored with resin, but I'm not sure there's much to be done about it.  I don't really mind.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 07:24:48 PM »
Here's a pic of my Twinkler with the lipstick stain.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline HorsingAround

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 07:35:19 PM »
I used to play with my sea ponies in the bathtub so they eventually got icky/moldy. And.... I may have given one of my ponies a bit of a haircut once.   -_- lol
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 12:01:46 AM »
I have some ponies with those wonderful nail polish stains too.
In Germany we had colorful chalk pencils for writing on our small chalkboards in grade 1, and I remember how much I loved the pink one. I dipped it in water and some ponies got eye shadow, which was impossible to remove even back then. My Princesses all suffered this fate.
I also took baths with ponies, and some of them even went to the beach with me. Salt water, sun, and sand, great combination! But they were well loved and have many stories to tell the mint ones! Happy memories!
I hated the forelocks of Peachy and Cotton Candy, so those got cut off at once.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 02:42:28 AM »
I was HORRIBLE to my toys. :lookround: I used to give them facepaint all over. It didn't come off. And of course I was also a hair cutter... But the worst thing I did was voilently cramming poor Baby Squirmy between the door and the post, because she was "bad". I was only 4, but still. :lookround:

I regret these things SO MUCH, and now, as an adult, I am extra careful with my things. I will definitely teach my children to be good to their toys, because if they are anything like me, it won't come naturally. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »
I never ruined any.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »
I though that pegasus could fly like in the show, I was wrong and star catcher shattered after being in  the snow all day then being throw from a ski lift -.-

Oh no! Poor Star Catcher.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2016, 02:59:01 AM »
I never really 'ruined' my ponies intentionally, but my Blossomforth's hair was brushed so much that most of it fell out and when I noticed that Star Catcher's fabric wings were coming apart I sewed them back together at age 10-ish with white thread... It's incredibly visible but I don't mind :P She is also basically pale yellow from being in the sun so much, I would put her in the little shelf at the back of the car when we went on drives so she could see outside!
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2016, 03:10:53 AM »
I threw a sparkle baby firefly on my roof from the trampoline when I was a kid. She was "flying". She lived there for a good year on the other side of the mountain. Haha a year later my dad was cleaning the gutters and got her down. She was faded white from the sun!

I also painted a baby chuck e cheese silver with acrylic paint because I had two.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 05:56:17 AM »
I was usually quite good to my ponies, but there were one or two things I did to them that I really shouldn't have...

Lickety Split got a really frizzy mane and tail, and at age nine of course I didn't have any idea how to deal with frizz, so I trimmed out the frizzy bits. So my childhood Lickety Split has a thin-looking, shortish mane and tail. She doesn't look too bad, but you can tell some hair's missing  :P

I got Baby Seashore at a jumble sale somewhere, and as I had never heard of Watercolour Baby Sea Ponies I had no idea that her soft, thin mane was made of special colour-changing fibre... so I dyed it. With food colouring and nail polish. All these years later I could kick myself for doing that - I got the food colouring out, but her forelock is still dark pink from nail polish that stubbornly refuses to come out  >_<

Apart from that, most of my childhood ponies are in fairly good condition. If only I could say the same for my dolls  -_-

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 07:59:35 AM »
I don't remember which one but my step sister and I were playing with her ponies and working on crafts. One of them ended up with a bit of glitter paint (it was something like pink acrylic, with glitter, and some glue mixed in that Memere made) in her mane and I think a swish on her leg but that's about it. We threw them sometimes so they could fly but they were never actually damaged from that because we'd aim for the couch. Other than that my one pony was probably stored horribly. I played carefully for the most part but hated cleaning my room so I just threw everything on the floor. If I had to clean my room I just threw everything on the closet floor lol.

Also - now that I think of it. I think I trashed one of my step sister's ponies too because I was mad at her. I had gotten in trouble for not cleaning my room. And half the stuff was hers. So I pulled all mine out and put all of hers in the trash. I'm pretty sure Ivy and her accessories were in there.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:02:10 AM by duenia »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal