collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Buyer VERY upset over my feedback policy :( Need opinions/advice  (Read 2944 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Buyer VERY upset over my feedback policy :( Need opinions/advice
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 04:37:40 PM »
I think prancingstag's rewording sounds good.  I also think your buyer freaked out over nothing and your response was sweet, informative and polite.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 10:48:18 PM »
Like others have said, it sounded like she may have had issues with other sellers not leaving any feedback and made you the scapegoat. As a buyer, I don't care who leaves feedback first.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 04:11:21 AM »
Perhaps your buyer was having a bad day or had a bad experience with someone else or generally maybe she'd done a lot of transactions, not got any feedback from a lot and took it out on you . You didn't do anything wrong and I think you handled it really well in your reply :hug:  :bigups:
In all honesty I used to leave feedback right away as soon as a buyer paid but that was when I was new to selling! you soon learn that there are some real dodgy buyers out there who can mess you about and try and scam you , leave bad feedback for no reason or whatever...and if you've already left them good feedback then another seller can easily fall victim to them and you cant much about it :awake:
   These days , like you and PL and many others here , I only leave feedback *after* the buyer has left feedback for me or  they have at least sent me a message through ebay saying that they have received the item and are happy with it (so I have it on record if there is trouble later).

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 07:32:17 AM »
I think your reply was very well-stated. And as others have said before, it is best if you rework your wording on your feedback policy. Like you, I don't leave feedback for buyers unless they leave it for me because I don't have any recourse with eBay.

But what really bothers me about your buyer is that, as a seller themselves, they apparently still don't know eBay's rules on feedback. They're not aware that a seller cannot leave anything but positive feedback for a transaction. That rule has been in play for years! They said they are a seller, too, but maybe they need to get to know the rules a little better before they continue to sell and before they make such accusations! Especially when a fellow seller has done nothing wrong!

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 09:35:38 AM »
Some sellers leave feedback as soon as I pay; others do not. I honestly did feel like they were holding me hostage or something, so I really appreciate your explanation. Still, I have never contacted a seller to complain about his/her policy on the matter. If I was that upset over it, I wouldn't buy in the first place. I agree that prancingstag's rewording of this policy sounds very positive, and would (hopefully) prevent future issues.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 10:04:29 AM »
I love Prancingstag's rewording. :)  I hope you don't mind if I use it!

Silverdawn

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 02:12:19 PM »
I love Prancingstag's rewording. :)  I hope you don't mind if I use it!

Silverdawn

Go right ahead, I'm only too happy to help! :biggrin:

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
Just chiming in that I also wait until the transaction is complete usually, unless it is someone I have dealt with a ton of times.. it is also easier for me to keep track of that way  ;)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 05:13:39 PM »
I left immediate positive feedback once for a buyer from Brazil who paid within a few minutes of winning. He rewarded me with contacting eBay 2 days later and reported that he never received his item!! Even with the fastest shipping available a package wouldn't arrive with (essentially) only one day of shipping time all the way from Canada! He won that case, so I never leave feedback until the transaction is done now, and that means they've either contacted me to say they received the package or they leave feedback. I don't hold anyone to leaving feedback, I just want to know if the item has arrived without any problems. If 2 months go by and no contact, no feedback, I leave feedback for them and continue on with life :)

Offline LittleHoneyPie

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Only love is real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 03:03:31 PM »
Is there a reason to tell the buyers when you will leave their feedback? It seems at least this buyer thought you were hinting at feedback extortion. People read things in different ways, so maybe mentioning the feedback at all would cause the same issue no matter how you word it. Maybe better to just say the part about how you are happy to work out any problems that arise. Just my opinion!  :)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 03:57:31 PM »
i don't leave feedback till everything is settled either.
sometimes i leave feedback to remind them (sometime sellers) to leave me feedback.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 05:57:25 PM »
I changed it out using Prancingstag's suggestion :)

Returns & Feedback
Returns are only accepted if the item was not in the condition described.  The return must be made withing 14 days of receiving the item.  If there are any problems with your purchase, please contact me before leaving negative or neutral feedback.  5-star ratings are my goal and if there are any problems with your purchase, I'd like to have the opportunity to make things better! If you are unhappy with our transaction, please contact me with any issues or problems and I will do my best to work with you. I will leave feedback for you once you receive your items and our transaction is concluded.  I'm also a member of the mlparena under silverdawn, and if you'd like me to post feedback there as well, just let me know and I would be most happy to do so!  Best of luck with your bids!

I didn't want to take out feedback completely as some buyers expect it right away after they pay.  I wanted to make sure to let them know I will leave feedback, just not right off the top.  And I certainly don't want it to look like I'm extorting feedback either.  With so many people not leaving feedback at all, I want my buyers to know I haven't forgotten about it completely. :)  Hopefully this will do the trick.  Truthfully, I'm really glad that lady came forward, because other people felt the same way she did and I was completely unaware, so at least now I have a chance to fix it!  Once again, thank you everyone for your help and suggestions.  I love this place! :)

Silverdawn

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 03:10:05 AM »
I don't use eBay anymore and I never complained about it, but I would get annoyed when the seller wouldn't leave me feedback. After a while, I just stopped giving it all together. I left sooo many positive feedbacks and got none in return. Sometimes I would even poke a little with a short note to them:

"Thank you so much for selling me your wonderful ______. I'm very happy with it and I left you positive feedback. Please leave feedback for me."

Nothing. :mad:

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 04:32:05 AM »
As someone who has only bought, never sold, on eBay, I would find your political re feedback completely normal and understandable. Basically as soon as my package arrives and is all fine I leave feedback. Then the seller would leave feedback after. This is how it always is!! So don't worry

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 07:09:29 AM »
I don't use eBay anymore and I never complained about it, but I would get annoyed when the seller wouldn't leave me feedback. After a while, I just stopped giving it all together. I left sooo many positive feedbacks and got none in return. Sometimes I would even poke a little with a short note to them:

"Thank you so much for selling me your wonderful ______. I'm very happy with it and I left you positive feedback. Please leave feedback for me."

Nothing. :mad:

This is what frustrates me is SELLERS who don't leave feedback even if buyers leave feedback. These are the sellers I refuse to buy from again. It's very understandable for sellers not to leave feedback first but to not leave feedback at all? I don't understand it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal