collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone sell on Etsy? What's it like?  (Read 293 times)

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone sell on Etsy? What's it like?
« on: December 18, 2014, 07:04:47 PM »
I've been hearing a lot about Etsy and have checked it out a few times, what's it like to sell on?  Do people have much luck with it?  I didn't go through all the listings, but can you actually get uncommon ponies there?  Just thought I'd see what people think.

Thanks!
Silverdawn

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
Re: Anyone sell on Etsy? What's it like?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 07:45:08 PM »
I enjoy selling on etsy.  I do 80s and 90s toys (link in my sig).  I don't make tons of money at it but it's a fun hobby and allows me to pick up vintage toys when I find them and have a way to pass them on.  I've had several customers send me private notes (even one by regular snail mail!) thanking me for reuniting them with childhood toys.  I really like that part the most.  I'm hugely sentimental and toys have very real meaning for me and  many members here can no doubt relate!

There are good ponies listed- anything from commons to more rares and accessories/merchandise.  I find I do better selling in lots rather than one pony at a time but that probably depends on the pony, what you had to pay for it originally, etc.

I like the ease of etsy with the payments and templates.  I have to pay fees, of course, but I find it's worth it for the protection you get and audience the product is exposed to.  I do NO advertising and average about 10 sales a month.  Since I'm not making any kind of living at it, that works just fine for me!  Plus, the fees are considerably less than ebay.  I think etsy fees are like 3% of the final value (can't recall exactly off the top of my head) and when I sell on ebay, I figure more like 10% at a MINIMUM.  That's a big chunk of a small profit, you know?!

If you decide to sell there, I recommend reading through some of etsy's suggestions on how to set up your policies.  You can avoid some sticky situations with a thorough policy section.

Anyway, overall, I've been pleased with my etsy selling and buying experience!

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone sell on Etsy? What's it like?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 11:41:04 PM »
I moved my store over there a few months ago, and am glad I did. I've done fairly well, and the people are really nice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal