collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal account locked?  (Read 290 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Paypal account locked?
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »
I just tried to purchase something on Etsy and when I entered my Paypal password, it said my account was locked and to visit the help center for more info. I then went to Paypal's site and tried to log in directly, and it wouldn't let me log in. It didn't give any specific error, it just said to check that my email and password were correct (they were) and to try again. I haven't received any emails from Paypal saying they locked my account. The last email I got from Paypal was to let me know that I received money from someone yesterday. I had purchased some DS games from a new eBay seller (0 feedback) and they arrived postage due in a mangled envelope. Yep, three game cartridges were sent in a plain, white paper envelope with one stamp. >_< They apologized and agreed to refund me $16, which was a little less than half of what I paid for the games. Well, instead of doing a partial refund, they just sent me $16 as a gift. I'm guessing they didn't know how to do a partial refund. I don't know if this is why they locked my account, but that's all I can think of. Why wouldn't Paypal have sent me an email telling me what was going on? I'm really worried. I checked my spam folder in my email just in case and while there were several emails claiming to be from Paypal, they all looked to be typical phishing scams.

Offline rosietrot

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Made it.
    • View Profile
    • RosieTrot's Pony Spot
Re: Paypal account locked?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:22:55 PM »
You should be able to actually call Paypal and they can tell you what is going on.
Good luck!
Trades!<---some trades, sales and want list, as posted on the arena
Store!<---The "Official" Store (or as official as it gets...also all tradable!)
Want List!<---Stuff I'm looking for
ME! <--- and if you want to know who I am, a picture from my blog

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 03:10:39 AM »
This usually happens if PayPal's Security team notices suspicious activity on your account, such as several failed login attempts, suspicious purchases, PayPal Debit Card transactions being made from a unusual location such as a different continent, etc.

The only way to find out why the account is locked and how to unlock it is to call PayPal.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 04:42:00 AM »
I dont think I can add anything more useful , only my sympathy :hug:  you really do need to phone them to find out what is going on
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 08:38:19 AM »
I agree that sounds like a fraud issue- (they lock if they see suspicious activity) I think you will need to call paypal customer service directly to get it resolved

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 09:21:13 AM »
I have no idea what happened, but it must have resolved itself overnight. When I woke up this morning, I checked my email and found no Paypal emails, so I went right to their site and was able to log in. Everything looks to be normal.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 09:26:28 AM »
My guess is someone tried logging into your account several times but could not figure out the password so it locked you out for several hours which is why you did not receive an email.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal