collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RESOLVED: Purchase tracked as 'delivered' but didn't arrive (non-pony)  (Read 1156 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase tracked as 'delivered' but didn't arrive (non-pony)
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 11:21:02 AM »
I am seriously sorry about your bad luck  :(

I have refrained from posting on this because I do not want to be a barer of bad news. The thing is with eBay's new thing about being able to track to certain countries (First Class), if it shows as delivered then eBay is going to side with the seller. I know it is frustrating but your seller is not at fault, your postal system is. It obviously was delivered to the wrong house and that is up to them to find it.

If you do open a case, eBay may refund you on their own accord. I just had a buyer from Italy open a case against about 2 months ago for "item not received" I provided the tracking number because it was traceable. I then got a message from eBay a few days later that because of the "unique circumstances" they were refunding the buyer and it would not come out of my account. So there maybe some light at the end of the tunnel. Otherwise according to eBay's Seller Protection if it shows delivered then there is not really anything to go against, except your word against theirs'. I wish you the best on solving this because I know it's frustrating and you should not be out your item and money. It's just going to be a hard case to resolve  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 11:24:24 AM »
I think that if there is evidence of delivery-  ebay covers both the buyer and the seller.

So if you open a dispute, they provide evidence of delivery, then ebay refunds you rather than the seller. 

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 05:32:41 PM »
I'd get onto the PO in the meantime, and then if they do nothing, report it stolen. It was a high-value item, the tracking says delivered, and yet it wasn't. The delivery guy needs to know where it was delivered.

You're in brissy, aren't you? I know that our suburb only has one delivery guy now, the PO's seem to be cutting down dramatically here. He might just remember the parcel if he got confused enough about t to mis-deliver.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 05:35:04 PM by Stormness_1 »

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 06:55:39 PM »
It would be a relief if I got a refund from ebay instead of the seller, I know it's not their fault but the policy still holds them responsible. At this point though I've hear many opinions on my odds and I have no idea how the dispute will play out. I'm hoping the $250+ value makes the tracking not enough proof and I get a refund, but as I said I don't want the seller to be out that money either. :huh:

My fingers are crossed that the postie remembers what might have happened to it, but right now I just gotta wait for a call back from Australia Post.

I'll leave this thread for now and update when I actually know more or there is a resolution. Thanks for the advice everyone, you've all helped calm me down about the situation and driven me to dig through policies and fine print. :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 03:15:02 PM »
This happened to me on some beads a few years ago, and more recently to a Pony swap package that came from Germany. For the first one, the post office basically shrugged and said I was SOL.  The second time they had "attempted delivery" (right...) did not leave card until the second attempt where they flat out THREATENED to send the item back if I didn't come get it from the pick up station!! Seriously...

I am really sorry about this.  I hope your neighbor has it, or the post office is holding it for you. :(
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 10:46:21 AM »
It would be a relief if I got a refund from ebay instead of the seller, I know it's not their fault but the policy still holds them responsible. At this point though I've hear many opinions on my odds and I have no idea how the dispute will play out. I'm hoping the $250+ value makes the tracking not enough proof and I get a refund, but as I said I don't want the seller to be out that money either. :huh:

My fingers are crossed that the postie remembers what might have happened to it, but right now I just gotta wait for a call back from Australia Post.

I'll leave this thread for now and update when I actually know more or there is a resolution. Thanks for the advice everyone, you've all helped calm me down about the situation and driven me to dig through policies and fine print. :P

Don't leave it for too long, if you don't open a claim within the time that ebay gives you (I think within 30 days of when delivery was scheduled to occur) than Ebay won't help you out at all.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 10:50:45 PM »
Good news everypony!

My package turned up in the mail box today! It wasn't delivered by the mailman, I got the post right after he left it and didn't hear him come by again, so it must have been left by an anonymous neighbour. I didn't even hear them drop it off but mum found it hours later when she came in, the dog is clearly slacking off on watchdog duty. It's kinda of annoying that it took whoever had them an entire week to get them to me, and they didn't even let me thank them in person (plus I kinda wanted to know just how far off the mark the postie was)... but at least they're here!

What makes this hilarious is that earlier today I received a letter from Australia Post saying their investigation was unsuccessful and my package was lost forever. Yeah, okay... (I want to make a witty Sherlock joke but I'm just so *facepalm* right now) -_-

So yay, I got my pins!... and I'm never trusting Australia Post ever again!
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
*sigh of relief*  I'm sooo glad it arrived safely! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
 (this is for your neighbour keeping it for a week and for Aus Post though ----->  :throw: :throw:  :throw:
:facepalm:  )

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks Ringlets!  :hug: I was so relieved when it turned up, I honestly thought I'd never see my pins! The seller was very understanding, I'm glad the outcome was so positive. I'll be a lot more careful in future but I still think tracking is pointless and registered post is the only real safe method, because at least then when they lose the package we're all covered.  :P
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Oh, you got them at last! I'm so glad your neighbour was honest and delivered them to you! Will you be sharing pics?

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
So glad you got your pins! This is exactly why I have a PO box, AP is crap sometimes, Registered is the only way to go otherwise for the pricey stuff.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal