collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: customs taxes for france  (Read 294 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
customs taxes for france
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:02:10 PM »
Hi
I am sending a gift to france and I was wondering what the value limit is before a parcel gets held and charged a custom/ duty tax? I don't want my friend to have to pay taxes on the item but all of our posted items comes with insurance so I want to be able to write the highest value dollar as possible.

Also when sending items around Europe of various values do duty fees still apply? or is it dependent on the country

Thanks
Nancy x

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: customs taxes for france
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 05:35:29 PM »
I'm not 100% sure on how much customs tax a person in France would have to pay but the UK and other European countries *do* have to pay a customs tax , even on an item declared as a gift- if its over a certain value . The values differ from country to country, as do taxes.  Euro and UK people dont get taxed if we send to each other, but if someone from outside of UK/Europe sends to us then we get a tax unfortuately.  What makes it difficult in your case is that you are sending to a friend so you dont want them to ave a hefty fee to pay before they can get their parcel from you... but on the other hand you dont want to undervalue it either because of the insurance incase it went MIA.
I'll see what i can find out about customs tax in France, and in the meantime maybe a French member can shed some more light on the subject too  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 05:58:41 PM »
Thanks so much ringlets :) my dad is going to the uk shortly so I think I will just get him to post it, I was just trying to figure out whether to send it our not from here.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 04:16:45 AM »
Thanks so much ringlets :) my dad is going to the uk shortly so I think I will just get him to post it, I was just trying to figure out whether to send it our not from here.

Thats probably the best idea :bigups:  your friend in France will not get taxed if your dad posts it from here in the UK  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 08:05:28 AM »
Hi Ponyfriends,

well to be honest (I am a french member) I do not know exactly how taxes work  :huh: :huh: so sorry for giving no help. But I think It is a very good solution that your Dad takes the gift with him  ;)

Hugs
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal