collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do when no response from seller after payment was sent?  (Read 287 times)

calypony

• Trade Count: (0)
What to do when no response from seller after payment was sent?
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:35:03 PM »
Hi all. I have made several purchases here and all my transactions have been great so far. Though one of the people I purchased from has been active here on the forum within the last 48 hours but has not responded to me in over a week and I have not received the items I purchased. The last message I received was a confirmation that she received my payment via PayPal. She has high feedback and was super sweet in our interactions, so I'm really puzzled about the whole thing.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but what does one do when they have paid for something they purchased here on MLP Arena and not received it?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What to do when no response from seller after payment was sent?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 01:53:10 PM »
I would probably send another PM. Perhaps writing "Urgent Response Needed" in the title.  PMs can easily be overlooked.

How long has it actually been since you made payment? Also how was payment made? Did you send it as a gift or merchandise?

On a side note there has been tons of delays with the USPS as of recent due to the inclement weather, so if it has only been a week, I would probably not be to concerned. If it has been much longer then I can definitely see reason for concern.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

calypony

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 02:01:44 PM »
I have considered the weather issue. We are both in areas that have been hit hard by snow so a delay due to weather is completely expected. Though I haven't heard a peep from her since I paid, not even a note letting me know that it was shipped or that there would be a delay in shipping which I would completely understand.

She has been regularly logging into the forum so I'm just puzzled why she hasn't responded to the two inquiries I've made since then. I paid 9 days ago via PayPal and I believe I did gift it because most sellers have asked me to do so. I put a lot of trust into the people I purchase from and they have all exceeded my expectations with their kindness.

Will PayPal refund money that was sent as a gift? I clearly stated in the message that it was payment for specific items and included my shipping address.

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 02:07:27 PM »
   I was recently late sending things off for someone due to having the flu, which is going around most of the Midwest right now.  I hadn't been logging in to the arena much b/c I was so sick, but it did cause a delay that I didn't feel up to writing my buyer about right away.

I think you can refund a gift- I refunded the 'shipping' part of the money she sent me on the ponies I was late mailing off, and it didn't give me any trouble. 

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 02:09:40 PM »
Unfortunately if it was sent as a gift you will not be able to open a case to get your money back  :huh:

Like I suggested above I would send another message with "Urgent Response". Hopefully it will grab her attention and she will get back to you.  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

calypony

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 02:15:27 PM »
Yes, the flu has been terrible this year! It's gone through my house three times this winter. It seems to be less severe each time it hits us but my kiddos and I were in the ER with our first round. Nasty stuff.  >_< At any rate, it gives me hope that she's still intending to send out my purchases. I tend to get a little antsy when my money is on the line!

Thanks for the replies.I will send her another message. I think I will also contact PayPal and see what their policy is just out of curiosity. I don't think I'll send money as a gift anymore. I didn't really think anything of it, but I guess I'm too trusting when it comes to ponies.  -_-

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 02:51:47 PM »
Thanks for the replies.I will send her another message. I think I will also contact PayPal and see what their policy is just out of curiosity. I don't think I'll send money as a gift anymore. I didn't really think anything of it, but I guess I'm too trusting when it comes to ponies.  -_-

Good, because you really shouldn't use the gift option, and sellers shouldn't ask you to do that. I've paid by gift a few times as a noobie buyer, but lately I distrust a seller that asks you to pay with the gift option.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 03:09:30 PM »
I wonder if you and I purchased from the same person?  Your post sounds very similar to my situation (except I didn't Paypal as a gift).  I sent money to her last Friday the 14th and sent another PM this Friday and nothing from her so far.  She hasn't been online this weekend, so I am hoping it's just a case of real life interfering with ponies.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal