collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal Question  (Read 311 times)

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Paypal Question
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:14:51 AM »
Can you guys please tell me know how long I have to file a claim with Paypal for an item never received?  I've read 45 days in one place and 60 days in another so I just wanted to be sure so my time doesn't run out.  Any other information you shed light on about the process would be appreciated!  How long did they take to refund you, etc?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal Question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 02:16:43 AM »
Depends on if it is international or not-  they change the rules all the time so the best thing to do is to just read them on paypal.com itself.

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:34:52 AM »
Depends on if it is international or not-  they change the rules all the time so the best thing to do is to just read them on paypal.com itself.

It is an international transaction.  I'm going through the Paypal website now but can't seem to find anything that specifically targets international transactions.  The only thing I can find on their website states I have 45 days to open a claim but at the same it that doesn't really seem long enough for a package coming from over seas (assuming it might really just be held up by customs).  I'm on day 41 though so I don't want to miss my window to file.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:39:41 AM by Stiletto »

LadyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:50:58 AM »
I would open a claim personally. I've actually been in a similar situation but I was the seller. Shipping was taking FOREVER and the post office told me where I shipped it I couldn't get tracking on it so the buyer was a little uneasy.

They opened a claim since it was getting close to the deadline (which I was 100% fine with because I knew the package was on its way, and I would have felt the same way in her shoes). She ended up getting the package in the mail a few days after and she just cancelled the claim. It's much easier to file now and close it when you get the package than waiting until after the deadline.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 02:52:00 AM »
45 days sounds about right - I thought I had read that they had extended it, but maybe not.   Whatever is currently on the site is correct.

That's the problem with international first class-  lots of countries take at least 2 months for mail to be received (ie from Peru, Brazil, sometimes China).  Starting a claim makes the seller super jumpy and defensive, and it can lock up their selling privileges.  But on the other hand, you will lose your chance to make a claim if you don't make one.

It's always a hard decision - but honestly I probably wouldn't open a claim unless I thought there was a risk the seller didn't actually send it.  Do you deal regularly with the seller?  Did she send you tracking info?  How has communication been?  Was it an ebay transaction or outside ebay ? (If within ebay you have more protection since you can still post negative feedback if it turns out you got ripped off)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:53:51 AM by Galactica »

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 03:00:44 AM »
I would open a claim personally. I've actually been in a similar situation but I was the seller. Shipping was taking FOREVER and the post office told me where I shipped it I couldn't get tracking on it so the buyer was a little uneasy.

They opened a claim since it was getting close to the deadline (which I was 100% fine with because I knew the package was on its way, and I would have felt the same way in her shoes). She ended up getting the package in the mail a few days after and she just cancelled the claim. It's much easier to file now and close it when you get the package than waiting until after the deadline.

I agree, I would do the same and as a seller, I will totally understand but maybe you could wait until day 43.
Did you get any information by the seller: tracking number, day of shipment, ... ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Made by LordBlumiere, thank you so much

My Want List

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 03:07:23 AM »
Well, honestly I don't want to say too much until I get more information because she is a member on this forum although the transaction was done through another forum.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions since it is coming from another country, but I can't afford to lose out on $70 either.  So I sent her a PM just letting her know I plan on filing a claim on Wednesday (that puts me at day 43) unless she would just like to refund the money (or if the package arrives of course).  I did make it clear if she wants to go ahead and refund then I will gladly pay her again if the package arrives.

I haven't been in contact with her since I paid her.  But a few days ago when I sent her a PM asking her to check the tracking information she gave me to make sure it was the correct number because it hasn't been updated since the beginning of October.  Its also not in English which makes it a little more difficult to really understand.  She has not responded back and that is when I got to thinking about the deadline I have to file a Paypal claim.

My gut feeling is that the package is just held up BUT the seller has received negative feedback on this forum in the past. I researched this before making this purchase and decided to take the chance (people make mistakes and circumstances happen), but I just can't let it go more then the 45 days Paypal is giving me to file a claim.  That time frame just seems too soon for an international package so I wanted to double check I had my information correct.  It's been years since I ordered anything from outside the US so I wasn't sure how long to expect it to take but she originally told me about 15 days.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:24:28 AM by Stiletto »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 04:02:15 AM »
I would file your claim now.  It sounds like you have made efforts to contact the seller and it has not gotten you anywhere. That is a sum of cash that isn't small.  Sorry you have to do that and I am sorry there has not been any communication on the sellers end to help you with  your missing package.  Most international shipments I have received through sales on these forums take at most 3 weeks. I have never had one take 45 days.  That seems a bit much, but I do know that Australia can be an issue at times.  Still all the same filing a claim before the window is gone is very important.

Post Merge: November 11, 2013, 04:03:07 AM

If anything you can repay should  your package show up eventually.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 04:29:53 AM »
It actually does sound like you should file your claim now-  you can always close it when the package appears, and if the claim wasn't for an ebay transaction, she won't have her seller privileges put on hold anyway.  So no negative ramifications.

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 05:49:42 AM »
So I went ahead and opened a dispute case ... Now it looks like I just wait and see if the seller responds?  It gives me a date when the dispute will automatically escalate to a Paypal claim if the seller does not respond?  Did I do that correctly?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 06:08:32 AM »
Thanks everyone for your help  :hug:

Stiletto could you please PM me the name of your seller, so I can further look into it. Thank you!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 06:15:35 AM »
Glad you are getting lots of helpful advice here!  :)  So sorry to have this happen to you!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 11:28:52 AM »
I usually get the European mail within 2 or 3 weeks, but one package from Germany did take forever, maybe 6 weeks, very close to the 45 days
I have now a problem with one package I sent to UK , buyer did open a claim after  30 days, i'm hopping he package gets delivered soon
also some packages to Argentina and Brazil are taking longer than a month.
is totally understandable they buyers inquire or open claims on the packages,but sometimes their customs are very slow :(
totally out of sellers control  :(

I once open a claim for a package from Poland, the seller never updated tracking or anything ,just marked it as shipped , when i contacted them after 3 weeks, they never responded so i claimed it as never received , they still never responded and paypal/ebay refunded me the money ,I left bad feedback and weeks later the seller offers to sell me the item again and this time provide the tracking info, so I changed my feedback and bought again the same item, within 10 days the item was here :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 09:13:51 PM »
So I went ahead and opened a dispute case ... Now it looks like I just wait and see if the seller responds?  It gives me a date when the dispute will automatically escalate to a Paypal claim if the seller does not respond?  Did I do that correctly?

Yes you did it correctly :hug:  I know 45 days doesnt seem like long enough for an international item - especially  from some countries where customs is known to be slow,, and its even more difficult when another Arena member is involved ... but you cant risk losing that much money, especially if communication has stopped and there is already bad feedback about this seller.  If the person has to refund you but the parcel arrives later you can always resend the money .

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 01:20:01 AM »
I usually get the European mail within 2 or 3 weeks, but one package from Germany did take forever, maybe 6 weeks, very close to the 45 days
I have now a problem with one package I sent to UK , buyer did open a claim after  30 days, i'm hopping he package gets delivered soon
also some packages to Argentina and Brazil are taking longer than a month.
is totally understandable they buyers inquire or open claims on the packages,but sometimes their customs are very slow :(
totally out of sellers control  :(

I once open a claim for a package from Poland, the seller never updated tracking or anything ,just marked it as shipped , when i contacted them after 3 weeks, they never responded so i claimed it as never received , they still never responded and paypal/ebay refunded me the money ,I left bad feedback and weeks later the seller offers to sell me the item again and this time provide the tracking info, so I changed my feedback and bought again the same item, within 10 days the item was here :)

Boy that is wonderful that you were able to trust them and work that out.  That says a lot about you as a buyer.  Amazing. I am not sure I would have trusted them again.  Thanks for sharing that.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal