collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: shipping problem  (Read 316 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
shipping problem
« on: January 30, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »
hi,
i sold and shipping something to another pony in canada. but that was at the beginning of the month and she still hasn't gotten it.

there was a little drama at the post office about not having a first name on the package and him telling me i couldn't mail it.
eventually after hitting a ton of buttons he said "hmm must have changed it again." and let me send the package.

anyway. so, we've been writing back and forth and she usually sends me weekly updates and has asked if it got returned.
so far i haven't heard hide nor hair of the package. i don't have the form or the receipt from the post office (but seem to have everyone else back to 2002 gleef)

my problem is how long do i wait before i reimburse her and just lose out on all of it. (only made $1 on the whole thing) ?
i have an extra of one of the two blind bags i sent her. so i can send her that, but there's also the question of replacing the shipping cost. it's just a big mess. i know that shipping to other countries, even close ones like Canada can take a long time.
anyway i don't know what to do. i don't want her to think i cheated her, but i also don't want to lose out on a lot of cash (which will happen if i either mail a new pony or payback the whole thing including shipping)

HELP please!!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: shipping problem
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 02:37:47 AM »
sounds like the guy at the PO was a bit confused :what:  but the package should have still been mailed out ...
shipping to Cananda can take a while sometimes , even though you live close. I wouldnt give up hope just yet.  Unfortunately  if you cant find the reciept then its going to be a toughie to try and find out where the parcel is (via the customs number) , or to prove that you posted the item, which PO , etc .  The buyer has 45 days to make a paypal claim, so you've got a while to go yet . Keep up the good communication with your buyer and see if she will wait a bit longer. If it does get near the paypal deadline and still no parcel, then you'll have to think about either a refund or replacement , even though you will lose money :(  . Sometimes if its the POs fault and your buyer agreesto it then its fair to go 50/50 and give half refund, but you need to find your receipt for the proof of postage to show your buyer really. I hope it doesnt come to that though and the parcel will arrive soon :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:29:28 AM »
I've shipped ponies to Canada (from Denver, CO) and it tends to take 2-3 weeks if all goes well. Since it's taking longer than that, go to the PO and see if they can look up the package. They SHOULD keep all of the customs records somewhere, you should have enough info for them to look it up, even without the receipts/customs form.

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 04:12:16 PM »
It once took a month for a very small item to arrive from just over the border and we were getting really worried.  Then the next item from the same guy took half that time.  Not sure what happened but hopefully your package will arrive safe and sound very soon.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal