collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony issue over eBay? Advice needed. *updated!*  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: Pony issue over eBay? Advice needed. *updated!*
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 08:19:11 PM »
Wow thank you so much for bringing this up, I've been looking at lots and lots of that sellers items, and really appreciate the insight into her "new" attitude... sheesh! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, and the fact that she just 'decided' to refund you 1/2 without even talking to you is just plain ridiculous. I get it, it hurts to lose $60 and a pony, but as many have said - INSURANCE for rare ponies. She should know that. Sounds just plain shady. I hope you open a case and get it all worked out!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 10:31:16 AM »
Yikes. Okay guys, so I feel a little stupid for posting now. I was so sure that I was within the 45-day limit for filing a claim. Turns out... I was just a few days short.

Without much hope, I decided to just accept the half refund as there was nothing more I could do at that point. I was rather angry with both myself and the seller, so I sent her a message letting her know I would accept the half that she refunded me. I don't know if any of this sounded rude, but I *tried* to keep my message civil and polite:

"Dear poniesandpetals,

You know what, fine. There's nothing I can do either way, as I'm sure you know that this case is past the 45 day maximum that I have to file a claim with eBay. It's unfortunate that I had a tragic death in the family in the month of December, so I was off of eBay for a long time, and the time limit quickly escaped.

I would, however, like to remind you that eBay's Buyer Protection guarantees that if a case is opened within the 45-day time limit for an item not received, eBay always sides with the buyer and grants a FULL refund. So I don't think it's right for you to believe it's not within your responsibility to pay for an item that did not reach its destination. If I had opened a case, there is no question that I would have received all of my money back. It's just the unfortunate truth of online auctions, regardless if it was your fault or not.

Now, I am still in the time limit to leave feedback. If I were a vengeful person, there's no doubt in my mind that I'd leave you negative feedback. Especially since your messages quickly went from, "I'll have to do what you want because of feedback," to, "Here is more than half of your money back, this is more than I owe." However, I've made the decision to just not leave any feedback at all. Last fall, I spent literally hundreds of dollars buying ponies from you (I possibly even spent more than $1000, I'm afraid to go look.) As such, you were always courteous and kind and my items were always shipped out promptly. Despite all of this and the partial refund I was given, I feel like I was treated negatively. I am not going to hold any hostility towards you because I intend on buying more ponies from you as time goes on. Your ponies are generally as described and arrive packaged safely. I hope this doesn't happen again, and I also hope we can continue on with business despite all of this. I'd just like to let you know that this left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for your time."

Anyway, there is light at the end of this tunnel.
I got a response today, followed by a message from PayPal.

This is what it said: "If you would check your paypal you will see that I did refund more than half of your money. I am not going to read all of this condeming me anymore"

She refunded me the rest of my money! I had just about given up on this transaction and wanted to just put my last two cents in. I guess she just decided to give me a full refund to get me to shut up? I don't know if I'm happy with how this ended, considering her message was still quite bitter towards me (which I wanted to avoid), but I am satisfied now that I got my money back. Lesson learned.

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 10:51:59 AM »
how oddball :(   sorry for your woes.  just take the refunds and i would suggest not purchasing again from her.
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Sandra

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 10:57:02 AM »
how oddball :(   sorry for your woes.  just take the refunds and i would suggest not purchasing again from her.

Ugh... I know. I can't help myself. She has such gorgeous ponies, I just wish her attitude was a little nicer.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 11:59:06 AM »
Well I am glad that you received a full refund.

I understand it is hard to be a seller on ebay somedays but you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.  And considering you were a repeat customer over and over again she should have handled it in a more professional manner.  I mean if you were out to scam her, you would have along time ago with a much larger purchase. 

It is not your fault there was not a sufficient tracking/delivery confirmation number that she should have provided you with to begin with and especially after you told her it was bogus.

As far as ever purchasing from her again, the choice is oviously yours.  I would just make sure if you do that she provides you with shipping information right away and make sure to double check the tracking number.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:52 AM »
I'm very glad to hear she did give you the full refund in the end :hug:  :bigups:  However I dont like the tone of her response to you. very unprofessional and certainly not the way to talk to a good customer!  Personally I would not buy from her again if I were you, on this incident alone, and I know others have had issues with her too ,  although of course in the end whether you deal with her or not again is completely  your own choice :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

baby_yoyo

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 06:00:48 AM »
Thank you for keeping us updated, I nearly bid on her whizzer as it looks stunning but with that attitude she has lost a potential buyer, there will be others im sure ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal