collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what to do? item autenthicity.  (Read 525 times)

January Joy

• Trade Count: (0)
what to do? item autenthicity.
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:50:58 PM »
I have a belt that was given to me years ago by a relative, but I never really wore it because I didn't like it. She told me it was real Louis Vuitton, and I believed her because..Well, let us just say she is not hurting for money by any means and often purchases extravagant things.

I literally know nothing about famous designer labels and whatnot other than that rich people like to buy them, so I listed it on Ebay hoping I could make a few dollars. A few people have bid, and were asking about its autenthicity. I didn't even think of checking cause I'm an idiot, but now that I have checked a few websites on how to spot LV fakes, I really do think the belt is a fake.

I am a new seller, so I dont know..is there a way to end the listing even when there are bids on it? I Or to cancel bids on the item? I really dont want anyone to get ripped off. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: what to do? item autenthicity.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 10:03:37 PM »
I think you might have to cancel their bids before you can end the listing, but it's been ages since I've sold on ebay so I'm not exactly sure.

I would also message the bidders and explain to them that you think the belt is a fake, and that you don't want to rip them off so you cancelled their bids (and possibly will be relisting the item in case they were still interested, if you intend to anyway). As frequent ebay buyer, it's super frustrating when a bid of mine gets cancelled out of the blue, and I know such a message is something I personally would appreciate :) Good communication from sellers is always a plus.

January Joy

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 10:19:36 PM »
Thank you! I will be sure to message them, but i was wondering how exactly you cancel bids... :lookround: I feel dumb. Plus I am on the mobile version of ebay so I hope it has the option to cancel.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
Thank you! I will be sure to message them, but i was wondering how exactly you cancel bids... :lookround: I feel dumb. Plus I am on the mobile version of ebay so I hope it has the option to cancel.

I do not think you need to cancel each individual bid. I think you just need to end the listing. I provided the link below and all you need is to have your the item number ready to enter in the box.
Here is the link:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EndingMyAuction

Hope that helps!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

January Joy

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »
Thanks very much! I ended the listing and messaged the 3 bidders. You guys are so helpful  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal