collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Warning about e-Bay user Lady-annajack  (Read 783 times)

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Warning about e-Bay user Lady-annajack
« on: October 18, 2012, 06:47:00 AM »
This isn't directly about MLPs, but I know a lot of people here also buy and sell Littlest Pet Shop so I figured I might as well warn you all.

I've just received an unauthorised payment chargeback from e-Bay user "Lady-annajack".  She's a relatively new member in France.  She bought a vintage LPS playset from me just over a month ago, and left positive feedback when it arrived so she obviously had no problems with the item.

I've uploaded a scan of the proof of posting receipt and her positive feedback and sent them to Paypal so hopefully I'll be able to get my money back.  I just hope this hasn't happened to anyone else as I can see from her feedback that she's bought a LOT of LPS sets in the last few weeks.

This is becoming such a common scam now.  Be careful, everyone - hang on to all your post office receipts and any other evidence for as long as possible.  You never know when you might need it. :(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:48:38 AM by Lancer »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Warning about e-Bay user Lady-annajack
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 06:56:55 AM »
Oh Lancer, not again!  :hug:

I know and you know that Paypal will side with you from our last "chargeback issue".

I would offer you some advice but sadly we already know how to proceed with this scam.  It's actually really sad that we know the procedure already.  :(

By the way Did Zecora arrive to you safely from the Arena Derby? Sorry to go off topic but just wanted to make sure.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 07:06:22 AM »
Jeez, what a horrible thing to do.

Lancer - When you received the chargeback, was it immediately apparent upon signing into Paypal? I'm just wondering if this is something that can happen and be easily missed.

Anyways, I would report this buyer. Have you noticed that Ebay has some kind of new "report a buyer" system? I hear it's much easier to report a buyer. I would immediately report them for this. Even if there isn't an actual category for this I would still do it.

Offline ponylady

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 07:10:28 AM »
Paypal sends you a message when a chargeback has occured.  It can also be found under the Resolution Center in your account.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 08:22:42 AM »
By the way Did Zecora arrive to you safely from the Arena Derby? Sorry to go off topic but just wanted to make sure.

Yes, she did and I love her to death!  She has pride of place on my G4 shelf right now.  I sent you (and possibly SDS...can't remember now :blush: ) a thank you PM when she arrived but I can't see it in my outbox now, so perhaps it never got through.  My computer's very glitchy with the new Arena unfortunately. :(  I really hope you don't think I was being rude - I was so happy to win her!

Rockinprettybeats - As Ponylady says, Paypal e-mail you (and the buyer) when a chargeback is opened.  It also appears on your recent transactions where they are "Holding your funds" for the buyer and in the resolution centre.  You have to upload your evidence via the resolution centre.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 09:17:30 AM »
I haven't heard of this scam! o.0 How do people think this works? After they get the item and leave positive feedback, then they claim it never arrived? Doesn't make much sense to me... I hope Paypal will side with you quickly! With your proof, I think they must.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 10:16:16 AM »
Ughh...Yet another ebay/paypal scam. It's becoming all too easy. Thanks for the warning!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
I haven't heard of this scam! o.0 How do people think this works? After they get the item and leave positive feedback, then they claim it never arrived? Doesn't make much sense to me... I hope Paypal will side with you quickly! With your proof, I think they must.

It's better than that.  They're not claiming it never arrived, they're claiming it was an "unauthorised payment", i.e. someone stole their credit card and bought the item without their permission!  Um, yeah, then they collected the item from your address and kindly left positive feedback upon its safe arrival?!

They get a full refund whatever the outcome though!  The criminal is always right, you know? >.<

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 04:02:54 PM »
Thanks for letting us know!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »
That is horrible to hear that. I better hold onto my papers and not throw them away anymore. Some people want all things for free in this world :(

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »

It's better than that.  They're not claiming it never arrived, they're claiming it was an "unauthorised payment", i.e. someone stole their credit card and bought the item without their permission!  Um, yeah, then they collected the item from your address and kindly left positive feedback upon its safe arrival?!

They get a full refund whatever the outcome though!  The criminal is always right, you know? >.<

I tried using that argument on the phone with Paypal (i'm in a similar situation)  and they couldn't grasp it. 

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 08:01:16 PM »

That's terrible! o.o Thank you for the warning...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 02:05:18 AM »
Wow, thats really terrible. Im sorry to hear this. I hope paypal will side with you. *hooves crossed*

Thank you :heart:

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 03:38:32 AM »
That is horrible to hear that. I better hold onto my papers and not throw them away anymore. Some people want all things for free in this world :(

This is so true. It's almost become a global problem where everyone thinks that everything should be either super cheap or straight up free. If people know about ways to screw others, they will try to take advantage of it. In their head they paid a little money for something and a little was too much.

nsunshine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 08:48:29 PM »
you poor girl! it's like something is always happening to you!!! thats just stupid!!! I can't believe people can really do that and get away with it!!! No wonder no one likes to sell on ebay anymore!!! Hope this clears up for you!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal