collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Two more Funko Vinyls.  (Read 37970 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Two more Funko Vinyls.
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
I think this would be an interesting way to market the background character ponies, licensing them out like this...  That way Hasbro could keep releasing occasional friends for the Mane 6 in brushables each year.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2012, 09:32:06 PM »
I don't know if anyone is interested to know this but I got a little info from Funko about these.
Hot Topic has an exclusive selling period deal, we shouldn't see these for sale anywhere else until Feb/March 2013.

*insert rant*
This has really annoyed me because I've been running around contacting Australia stores that Funko has recommended only to later be told by Funko that these stores won't be offered the chance to stock them for months, then why did you tell me to ask them now? One store even said that were completely unaware of their existence and they doubted they were in fact Funko, they're not even on Funko's wholesale catalogue yet... If I had exclusive rights to sell these ponies I think the entire world would know lol, hopefully Hot Topic will pick it up and have enough stock to satisfy but I still need to learn patience and wait the 5-6 months for Australia stores to be able stock these so I don't have to pay huge shipping or scalpers costs.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2012, 06:31:33 AM »
I really like that they're going to be making more of these, but does the box really have to say "vinyl collectible"? I hate it when a toy says it's "collectible" or "collector's edition" on the box. Companies like Kidrobot don't have this problem, and therefore don't need to write 'collectible' on the box, because their toys and brands have always been for adults.

It IS a collectible. Like Tokidoki vinyl collectables, where it clearly says on the box that it's collectable art and not a toy. These are meant to be displayed more than played with.
I know what they're for. My post was about the word being on the box. Kidrobot is able to convey it without having the word being part of the display, so I think other companies could do it, too. I like the way these Funko MLPs display except for those two words at the top.

I feel that the word is used to help bolster sales, to make people think they're getting something that's of higher value than the "regular" toy, when it'll be up to the collector's market in the end.

I suppose it's because parents will see these, see the words "My Little Pony" and assume (rightly so, really)  it would be a good toy for their children. And they're not suitable for kids, those hairstyles look sharp! As this is the first time ever that pony figures have been marketed to adults, they're really just trying to convey the 'not for children' angle.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:34:30 AM by Saiko »
:heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2012, 08:05:06 AM »
I don't know if anyone is interested to know this but I got a little info from Funko about these.
Hot Topic has an exclusive selling period deal, we shouldn't see these for sale anywhere else until Feb/March 2013.

Oh- thanks for posting that- I have been asking stores around here if they will be carrying the Funko MLP too-

I wonder if Feb/March is when the Dr. and FS will come out...?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »
Thats interesting info T.L.Squiggle - frustrating yes but at least its a time-barred exclusive. It would have been worse if it was a retailer exclusive and if it was a worldwide exclusive. At least with a restricted period and not being restricted in countries there is more chance of them being picked up.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2012, 03:11:46 PM »
I'd sure like a Rarity one. She never get any love. :(

I personally think Rarity is very glamorous :lovey:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2012, 03:18:19 PM »
I am glad it will not be an exclusive too- that just feeds the scalpers.  I think Funko's advice to "not pay top dollar" was good- these will be out everywhere eventually, probably...

But I always fear I will miss out when and if they ever do come out- so I have been checking hottopic.com daily- I wish there was a time frame announced for the next set, Funko did say "soon" but that could mean what? Days? Weeks? Months?  They might not even know...

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2012, 04:31:20 PM »
I need a Luna Funko Pop figure! Now.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »
I wish they would have made enough to go around!!! I've checked 2 Hot Topics already and been stalking their website with no luck :(

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
I got my :muffin: Pony by mail but my sister got her's at Hot Topic. The trick is to check right in the morning, because they just got them in and they said the Rainbow Dashes sold out in an hour there the day before. :muffin: Pony and RD aren't gonna be elusive and they won't quit selling them for a while but most Funkos retire after like a year or so. But the hard part is getting them before people snatch them all to resale  >_<
Good luck, guys.

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

Offline Pony Adventures

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2012, 01:36:33 AM »

I suppose it's because parents will see these, see the words "My Little Pony" and assume (rightly so, really)  it would be a good toy for their children. And they're not suitable for kids, those hairstyles look sharp! As this is the first time ever that pony figures have been marketed to adults, they're really just trying to convey the 'not for children' angle.

Oh I know! I accidentally poked myself with Lord Pony Voldemort and it almost drew blood! (What a clutz, I know) I would hate to drop her on my foot and I can't imagine the damage a little girl or boy could do to themselves. These aren't really good for young children. So yeah, "collector's item" written on the box is probably a good thing.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2012, 08:15:20 AM »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2012, 02:01:43 PM »
They are so popular, I would be certain Hot Topic will carry as much stock as popular. It wouldnt make sense for them not to do so!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2012, 07:47:47 PM »
I really hope they make Octavia, my favorite!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal