collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Two more Funko Vinyls.  (Read 37977 times)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
Re: Two more Funko Vinyls.
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2012, 08:38:32 AM »
You know, I'd actually like Whooves a lot.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

KahRistAhn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »
Ugh, even though no one seemed to share my opinion in the last thread, I'll say it again. Can't we get the Mane 6 before all the background ponies? I personally just don't care for them...

EDIT: Now that I've gone back and read through the thread, I guess it is nice that they are releasing the mane 6 and a bg pony together...just as long as they make all the mane 6!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 09:48:26 AM by KahRistAhn »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »
Ugh, even though no one seemed to share my opinion in the last thread, I'll say it again. Can't we get the Mane 6 before all the background ponies? I personally just don't care for them...
I think getting "more of the mane 6" is what people complain about the most 'round here- so there is probably a reason no one agreed with you.

I actually think that it is genius of Funko to release a standard character together with a background character that is very unlikely to ever be released en mass-  so fun!  I really hope they keep doing this and it doesn't fizzle- but given the popularity thus far, I am pretty optimistic on that front.

Given how fast the last set was announced and then appeared and then sold out- I find myself checking Hottopic.com obsessively.... I know they will probably appear in stores too- but the nearest Hottopic is QUITE a drive for me, so I never ever go there.   I wish the'd give us a time frame (or did they and maybe I missed it?)

KahRistAhn

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2012, 09:50:10 AM »
I think getting "more of the mane 6" is what people complain about the most 'round here- so there is probably a reason no one agreed with you.

I actually think that it is genius of Funko to release a standard character together with a background character that is very unlikely to ever be released en mass-  so fun!  I really hope they keep doing this and it doesn't fizzle- but given the popularity thus far, I am pretty optimistic on that front.

Given how fast the last set was announced and then appeared and then sold out- I find myself checking Hottopic.com obsessively.... I know they will probably appear in stores too- but the nearest Hottopic is QUITE a drive for me, so I never ever go there.   I wish the'd give us a time frame (or did they and maybe I missed it?)

See my edit. :) As long as they make the Mane 6 I think it's awesome too. I was just thinking maybe they wouldn't keep making these. I know there's a lot of Mane 6 out there already, but I just wanna see all of them in this style. I'm kind of the minority in that I really don't care about background ponies much.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2012, 11:03:37 AM »
Now, who is going to be released with who?

We have

Dash and bubbles
Fluttershy and Dr. Hooves
AppleJack and??  Big mac? DJ-PON3?
Rarity and Lyra?
Pinkie pie and Trixie?
Twilight and zecora?

??

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2012, 11:27:47 AM »
Doctor Hooves! I sort of ignored the first set of these but I must have him~ He is my favorite boy pony in the show :D

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2012, 11:28:48 AM »
Oh, I hope they do Zecora!
 (backcard by Ivy!)

BerryPunch

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2012, 11:29:42 AM »
LYRA! We need a Lyra XD

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »
I sure hope that they make a Big Mac. It would be the cutest.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »
Based on the characters that appear most frequently at Hot Topic and WeLoveFine  (which seems to be the crowd Funko is catering to)

I think Trixie, DJ-Pon, and Octavia are the most likely background characters to appear!  Lyra and Big Mac maybe- but they seem to appear less often on these sites...

Luna, Celestia and Spike are also popular- but given the likely issues that would arise due to the differences in size from these characters to the regular ponies (and given that all of Funko's characters seem to be about the same size to fit into that box) - I bet they will skip these characters.  If they made a Luna the same size as Rainbow Dash- imagine the whining that would ensue.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2012, 01:06:04 PM »
The shipping price mostly has to do with insurance. ebay sellers can do about $15 cheapest (but scalp for $30 or u watch the auction skyrocket anyway), Hot Topic does $30+ insured.
I just wish they would tell us if they would be available in Aussie stores! There's several here that carry Funko items and I'd rather buy these in person or at least online from an AU store so the shipping wasn't too painful. Of course emailing the stores usually gets nada info too

You should try speaking to Funko via facebook or twitter - they are a really social media friendly company and putting a simple question like whether they know if the lines are being taken on by any retailers in Aus may be something they can tell you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2012, 02:09:03 PM »
Those two are wise choices, by that logic I would guess DJ and AJ w/ hat & freckles next wave. I'm sure I'll be wrong though, as I wouldn't have predicted Doc Hooves.
An AJ with freckles and the correct hat would be absolutely fabulous!! I hate the pink hat that my fs applejack came with.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Pinecone

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »
They could probably make the princess ponies a little smaller, but I wouldn't bet on a Spike. He's just completely differently shaped from all the characters so it would be a difficult mold to recycle.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2012, 02:51:03 PM »
The shipping price mostly has to do with insurance. ebay sellers can do about $15 cheapest (but scalp for $30 or u watch the auction skyrocket anyway), Hot Topic does $30+ insured.
I just wish they would tell us if they would be available in Aussie stores! There's several here that carry Funko items and I'd rather buy these in person or at least online from an AU store so the shipping wasn't too painful. Of course emailing the stores usually gets nada info too

You should try speaking to Funko via facebook or twitter - they are a really social media friendly company and putting a simple question like whether they know if the lines are being taken on by any retailers in Aus may be something they can tell you.

Already did just last night lol, Funko replied and told me to contact stores that carry Funko and ask them if they will be ordering the ponies... which I had already done, just waiting for a reply from them too.  *twitch* :lol:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:53:35 PM by T.L.Squiggle »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »
Asking the stores whether they will be ordering the Funko ponies is a great idea- because it means that Funko will be able to make more of them- 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal