collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Two more Funko Vinyls.  (Read 37949 times)

Cherry_Sunset

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Two more Funko Vinyls.
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »
Eugh, sorry, but I really dislike Dr. Hooves, and I even more dislike Dr x Bubbles (how did that even start in the first place?) I'll probably pass on him, but amg, Flootershy! Must have <3

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2012, 12:36:29 AM »
I really like that they're going to be making more of these, but does the box really have to say "vinyl collectible"? I hate it when a toy says it's "collectible" or "collector's edition" on the box.

It IS a collectible. Like Tokidoki vinyl collectables, where it clearly says on the box that it's collectable art and not a toy. These are meant to be displayed more than played with.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2012, 01:52:58 AM »
I really like that they're going to be making more of these, but does the box really have to say "vinyl collectible"? I hate it when a toy says it's "collectible" or "collector's edition" on the box.

It IS a collectible. Like Tokidoki vinyl collectables, where it clearly says on the box that it's collectable art and not a toy. These are meant to be displayed more than played with.
I know what they're for. My post was about the word being on the box. Kidrobot is able to convey it without having the word being part of the display, so I think other companies could do it, too. I like the way these Funko MLPs display except for those two words at the top.

I feel that the word is used to help bolster sales, to make people think they're getting something that's of higher value than the "regular" toy, when it'll be up to the collector's market in the end.

popyduggan

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2012, 01:55:19 AM »
Those two are wise choices, by that logic I would guess DJ and AJ w/ hat & freckles next wave. I'm sure I'll be wrong though, as I wouldn't have predicted Doc Hooves.

Regardless it's nice to have a toy company that understands the venn diagram of pony fans and show fans.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2012, 02:02:35 AM »
I keep seeing it on We Love Fine and that they said they planned on changing merchandise to Doctor Hooves.

http://mlpg4merch.tumblr.com/post/27021321112/its-official-his-name-is-dr-hooves

Unless that's changed by now?

They may have got confirmation from Hasbro but HB still haven't registered the TM so at this point its unofficial and unlikely to ever be on an HB toy until a TM is in place. With the BBC licensing out Dr Who to toy manufacturers it would certainly be impressive if they got a TM on it.

Licensing is a little different however and printing it on a t-shirt is different from making a toy/collectable but perhaps using Funko is how HB are going to get around 1) satisfying the fans who seem to want moulded ponies and 2) releasing characters that they simply cant or don't want to release in the actual toy line.     

They may very well do it and to be honest it keeps it in line with the popularity of the character - hopefully the powers that be behind Dr Who just see it as a nice little nod to themselves and don't decide it infringes in anyway.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2012, 02:44:08 AM »
I'm getting frustrated by these, I want to buy them all so much but I can't stand paying $30-40 shipping! I wish they would just come to Australia or an online store would offer standard shipping. 
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 03:14:37 AM »
Oh really Dr. Hooves?? =)  :heart:

I can almost see my money fly away lol
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 05:57:41 AM »
How much do these ponies go for? I'm not normally one for things that aren't brushable, but I like the idea of Dr. Hooves. It's probably the only way to get him. And since he won't be tiny like the blind bags, I can buy without regret. lol

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2012, 06:09:18 AM »
Yeah what is the price? I seem to remember something like $12 or $15? Of course on ebay they mostly start at $30ish and international postage kills any chance of me getting them from anywhere online :(
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2012, 06:40:51 AM »
Licensing is a little different however and printing it on a t-shirt is different from making a toy/collectable but perhaps using Funko is how HB are going to get around 1) satisfying the fans who seem to want moulded ponies and 2) releasing characters that they simply cant or don't want to release in the actual toy line.     

Aha! I'll bet you're right, this is the perfect way for Hasbro to get some money from the older collector community without running the risk of alienating their other buyers with characters that wouldn't normally sell--just license someone else to make the toys! (Er, 'collectables' I mean haha)

Clever company is clever.... (Well, they didn't get to be one of the biggest toy distributors in the world without doing a few clever things I guess!)

@T.L. Squiggle: Yeah they're $14.99 in stores here. Not too bad, but they are HEAVY! They're not hollow like MLP toys, they're solid heavy plastic! >.< I think that's going to drive up shipping price.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2012, 06:42:35 AM »
I am really hoping they make AJ with her hat and freckles (and show-accurate hairstyle).  We actually bought the playset farm (on clearance) just because it came with a hat and my husband insisted that he needed a "proper" AJ. 

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2012, 06:43:23 AM »
The body of the vinyl figure is thin (because that's the show style) but the head is big and round...that's the heaviest part of the whole figure, the giant head and mane. I always fear my RD is going to do a faceplant and fall off my desk, but so far it hasn't happened. Thankfully she has that heavy tail to help balance.

As for me, personally I am hoping for a DJ PON3 figure cuz... that would be cool. >.>;;
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2012, 06:48:17 AM »
The shipping price mostly has to do with insurance. ebay sellers can do about $15 cheapest (but scalp for $30 or u watch the auction skyrocket anyway), Hot Topic does $30+ insured.
I just wish they would tell us if they would be available in Aussie stores! There's several here that carry Funko items and I'd rather buy these in person or at least online from an AU store so the shipping wasn't too painful. Of course emailing the stores usually gets nada info too
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:54:06 AM by T.L.Squiggle »
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2012, 06:59:19 AM »

I know what they're for. My post was about the word being on the box. Kidrobot is able to convey it without having the word being part of the display, so I think other companies could do it, too. I like the way these Funko MLPs display except for those two words at the top.

I feel that the word is used to help bolster sales, to make people think they're getting something that's of higher value than the "regular" toy, when it'll be up to the collector's market in the end.

To me, collectable just sounds like they will have more later to add to a collection. What really gets sales racked up is if they had the words "Limited Edition". Limited Edition anything will make people want it because they know it will be difficult to get later.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2012, 08:27:24 AM »
I like the Funko pony designs, and while I was tempted when they first popped up, I've avoided ordering RD and "Bubbles", just because their characters don't do much for me. I'm really happy to see these two though. Fluttershy is a must, while I'll have to wait and see "Dr. Whooves" to make a decision. I'm a newly found Doctor Who fan and I like the connection the FIM fandom has made with this character just for the novelty factor alone.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal