collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Steven Universe anyone?  (Read 43941 times)

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: Steven Universe anyone?
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2015, 04:48:15 AM »
New Steven Universe episodes start August 6 :P

Supposedly....
Of course they would start the day I leave for vacation... to a place in the mountains with no CN...
Of course.  >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »
When Pearl and Garnet are stuck in the box-room, Pearl says something like "No matter how much I try to be strong, I'm just a pearl.  I'm useless on my own.  I need someone to tell me what to do."  Looking forward to more revelations on that.

I dunno how fond you are about theories but there's one going around thanks to both that quote and Jasper calling Pearl 'defective'. The idea is that Pearls are servant gems back on homeworld which would explain why she cleans, is very knowledgeable about many things, and was not meant for fighting. My boyfriend also believes Pearl shows clear signs of PTSD.

That's an interesting theory- but on the other hand she is a great fighter- martial artist style, and her special weapon is a sword that comes right out of her noggin-

I suspect she is just lost without Rose...  but that theory is certainly a possibility.   

I am dying to see where the series goes next- 

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2015, 11:36:51 PM »
Galactica, I think you're right about what you said earlier, that Pearl just wants/needs to be loved.  Still not an excuse for her lapse in judgment, of course.  She definitely has a jealous/needy side that brings out the worst in her.  I wonder if maybe she'll end up with Lapis; I think that could work out well for them both.

Earlier in this thread someone said something about a possible connection between Onion and Vidalia.  As I watched "Onion Friend," I thought, "Huh, looks like that other Arena member was right!"
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2015, 12:25:03 AM »
There's another theory roaming around about Amethyst having Borderline Personality Disorder.  :huh:

Anyone's thoughts on that?
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2015, 08:09:28 AM »
I think Amethyst constantly feels the weight of her past.  I watched "On the Run" again the other day and Amethyst says she was in the kindergarten for "a while" before Rose found her.  By herself, I guess?

Anyway, she talks about the her time in the kindergarten very fondly, and then Pearl warps in, looking horrified, and tells Steven "I'm so sorry, I never wanted you to see this HORRIBLE PLACE."  And I think Amethyst has insecurities about what that makes her.  If she comes from a "horrible place" and even loves that horrible place, does that make her a horrible gem?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »
I really think Amethyst has a weak and lovely personality, but from all her pain she's been hiding it with jokes. like from I think it was "The Test" "you can't control him, and he should be taking advice from me, AND WE DON'T HAVE ROSE TELLING US WHAT TO DO!"

we've seen her caring side a lot more than we know actually

Spoiler
when she formed Opal in giant woman, the one pair of arms that was holding Steven was Amethyst

or in Jail Break we can see Amethyst comforting Pearl

I'M GETTING EMOTIONAL EVEN POSTING THIS, PROTECT SMOL MOM

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 25, 2015, 03:56:25 PM »
Spoiler
In "The Return", I think the reason Opal broke apart when Steven came back is that Pearl was horrified to see him but Amethyst was relieved to see him.  Not happy that he was in danger, but happy that she hadn't been abandoned again.

I think it must have been a real blow for Amethyst when Rose gave up her physical form to make Steven, given that Amethyst has been very child-like in all the flashbacks to when Rose was around.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2015, 12:26:51 AM »

Supposedly....
Of course they would start the day I leave for vacation... to a place in the mountains with no CN...
Of course.  >_<

Hopefully you're in the clear now :P

Oh no!

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2015, 06:18:27 AM »

Supposedly....
Of course.  >_<

Hopefully you're in the clear now :P

YES!!
Thank you! Something to look forward to in September :D

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2015, 09:34:02 AM »
I think Amethyst constantly feels the weight of her past.  I watched "On the Run" again the other day and Amethyst says she was in the kindergarten for "a while" before Rose found her.  By herself, I guess?

Anyway, she talks about the her time in the kindergarten very fondly, and then Pearl warps in, looking horrified, and tells Steven "I'm so sorry, I never wanted you to see this HORRIBLE PLACE."  And I think Amethyst has insecurities about what that makes her.  If she comes from a "horrible place" and even loves that horrible place, does that make her a horrible gem?

Yeah, she's clearly still very sensitive about where she came from and whether it makes her a "bad" Jem or not-

I can't wait for more episodes!!!!  Don't want to wait until September !

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
How to get Steven Universe Toys!
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2015, 04:40:44 PM »
So I don't know about you guys- but I am desperate for some Steven Universe figures!  So how do we get them?  Well we can wait for either Cartoon Network to come up with something that potential buyers (like Funko or Hot Topic) MIGHT be interested in -  OR we can contact the "buyers" ourselves so that THEY can seek licenses from CN directly!  Much more effective!

It DOES work-  Companies do actually keep track of customer requests- especially with regard to Pop Culture- which changes constantly.  So one voice won't make a huge difference, but it will definitely be taken into consideration- and when LOTS of voices demand something- they pay attention!  Heck, it's probably (in part) how the bronies got so much. :P 

SO if you are with me, contact Hot Topic through their Facebook page- it is seriously the only place that they actually answer and listen to people-
AND send an email to Funko as well! They are VERY cool. [email protected]

Hot Topic's response to my comment;

Funko's response to my request/suggestion that they get a license for Steven Universe and make some Mystery Minis or POPS since there is NO merch for this popular license right now except t-shirts!  :

I also contacted Cartoon Network- however, they probably get a lot of spam from kids, (unlike Hot Topic and Funko whose primary audience is actually adults or teenagers) - so they did not respond!

I hope you'll help!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: How to get Steven Universe Toys!
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2015, 08:07:53 PM »
Hot Topic usually has a clipboard in their stores where you can request things you want to see or star things if someone else already put it. Whenever I'm in the mall I pop in and add a star since it usually is already on there.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »
I DO love me some Steven Universe.
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2015, 09:37:39 PM »
Good idea!  I would LOVE some Steven Universe merchandise!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2015, 04:49:51 AM »
Hot Topic did have a Cookie Cat Steven Universe shirt, but guess what? All Hot Topic stores that I visit were tapped outta them O.o

That shirt didn't particularly interest me since that's on my least favorite episode list. But dang I had no idea SU was popular in my area XD
Oh no!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal