collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Steven Universe anyone?  (Read 43942 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Universe anyone?
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2015, 04:28:10 PM »
But i'm honestly worried about Keystone Motel.  :( and I'm hoping y'all can guess why ._.
I have no idea where he got it, so my guess is deviantart.

I'm guessing the reviews? :(
Yup.

There's still plenty of people who are rumphurt over same sex relationships  :pout: and conservative parents will do anything to get this off the air  -_- they tried to do the same thing to Jail Break, so i've heard...

But Rebecca is pretty smart about making gems genderless... I guess that's how Jail Break squeezed through from being put off the air permanently.
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »
And what's y'all's fave episode? :)

From this Stevenbomb or in general? :) Favourite ep in general is "Island Adventure", favourite of this week's.. honestly, I have no idea XD "Keystone Motel" was amazing, but then "Onion Friend" was too (Vidalia!), and tonight's episode "Friend Ship" was another winner.. but then again, I enjoyed seeing Sardonyx in "Cry for Help".. aaaaa, I can't decide. XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2015, 05:11:21 PM »
What an AMAZING Steven Bomb!

Spoiler
I can't even pick a favorite episode, they were all so good (though sometimes hard to watch because they wrung out my heart).

Ruby and Sapphire were great, and I'm glad that they didn't go the route of "Sapphire is automatically right because she's the calm one."  She needed to listen to Ruby as much as Ruby needed to listen to her.  Did anyone else notice that Ruby seemed super solid and dense (like sinking right down to the bottom of the pool) compared to floaty Sapphire?  Ruby's facial expression and gesticulations were hilarious too.

I was glad to see Jamie return too.  Anyone else think that the four armed woman who saved William Dewy was the fusion of all the Gems (including Rose), like is shown on the temple?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2015, 01:25:09 PM »
I hope some of y'all have 15 seconds to spare XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJTRSlj1NvY
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2015, 10:55:49 AM »

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2015, 03:24:56 PM »
Eli! It looks awesome! Rose's sword and shield look AMAZING!

Also, LOOK AT THIS STICKER/DECAL I FOUND!
I think I'm gonna get it for my car. :D
http://www.redbubble.com/people/msillzie/works/12051276-gem-pole?grid_pos=9&p=sticker

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2015, 04:37:15 PM »
Oh, that's really cool!

And thanks ^_^;

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2015, 11:10:21 AM »
Elisto your pieces are looking great! LOVE the shield and sword- and that eye!

I've been putting together our outfits too but it is slow going.  Got Rose and Steven done (obviously the easiest) 20% through Garnet...

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »
I love the Steven Bomb! I have to say Keystone Motel was my favorite because I have been WAITING for an episode to learn more about Ruby and Sapphire. Seriously they are so precious...my heart xD And Ruby's "Eternal flame baby" comment sent me into a fit of giggles!

I am still unsure how I feel about Sardonyx. We didn't really see much of her so it's really hard to judge. We mostly just got to see her knock things down and that's about it. Haha I think Pearl really needs to get herself together as I feel she has been causing lots of trouble unintentionally lately by letting her emotions get in the way of things. Her character is quite interesting in that she is extremely logical, yet she can be the polar opposite and let her emotions cloud her better judgement. x3
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2015, 01:43:54 PM »
Keystone was my fav too-  I loved seeing into the emotions of Garnet/Ruby/Sapphire like that-  plus I love Garnet so more Garnet is always a big plus for me :D

It was annoying to hear that the REAL Keystone Hotel got fake complaints by people who had watched the show and thought that would be funny. Real mature guys...

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2015, 01:53:24 PM »
That was very sad to hear. I hope all those brats understand the consequences of doing that now :/

Anyways, Keystone Motel was my favorite too. I'm just a sucker for Ruby / Sapphire and their relationship. I relate to Ruby and her temper a lot though XD Her facial expressions in that episode were a riot. Hmm, well I think Pearl learned a really important lesson, but I am quite fond of Sardonyx.

Onion friend was interesting. I was surprised it was Vidalia and to learn that she and Amethyst were so close. Plus learning more about Onion was just... interesting.

I got my bf to start watching it and he loves it. He just finished it up last night and I sent him the soundtrack which he's been using to learn the songs and he just finished up a cover of "Be Wherever You Are". I'm glad he understands the pain this show brings me now XD
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2015, 03:00:20 PM »
Wow, Elisto, I love the cosplay!  What is Steven's shielf made from?

Keystone Motel was amazing!  It looks like Keystone is the name for Pennsylvania in this universe.  (They're the same shape and Pennsylvania's motto is "the keystone state".)  A keystone is the central stone in an archway that holds all the other stones in place, so it also could be symbolic of Ruby and Sapphire's relationship holding Garnet together.

Pearl seems to be the type of person who puts on a brave face on their problems until they just can't take it anymore and they crack.  The fact that she couldn't "buy" her way to forgiveness by catching Peridot, but rather that she and Garnet had to communicate and come to an understanding of each other, is such a great lesson.

When Pearl and Garnet are stuck in the box-room, Pearl says something like "No matter how much I try to be strong, I'm just a pearl.  I'm useless on my own.  I need someone to tell me what to do."  Looking forward to more revelations on that.

Even though this story arc was focused on Pearl and Garnet, Amethyst was great.  I loved the scene in "Keystone" where Steven, Greg, and Garnet come home and you briefly see Amethyst talking with / comforting Pearl.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2015, 03:47:50 PM »
When Pearl and Garnet are stuck in the box-room, Pearl says something like "No matter how much I try to be strong, I'm just a pearl.  I'm useless on my own.  I need someone to tell me what to do."  Looking forward to more revelations on that.

I dunno how fond you are about theories but there's one going around thanks to both that quote and Jasper calling Pearl 'defective'. The idea is that Pearls are servant gems back on homeworld which would explain why she cleans, is very knowledgeable about many things, and was not meant for fighting. My boyfriend also believes Pearl shows clear signs of PTSD.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2015, 09:34:23 PM »
I could totally see that.  She certainly does like to clean!

When I first watched "Indirect Kiss" (the ep where Amethyst cracks her gem and they try to heal her in Rose's fountain) there was a scene I found odd at the time, where Pearl was freaking out about the thorns.  At the time I was like ???? but now it makes a little more sense.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day