collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Interview - Minty_Magic!  (Read 211 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Arena Interview - Minty_Magic!
« on: May 06, 2023, 08:44:29 AM »
This week I interviewed Minty_Magic! Thanks so much!

Personal-

Where did you get your user name?
I was like, 12 when I came up with it lol! Minty was, and still is my favorite pony so I knew I wanted her name to be part of my screen name somehow. Then my parents suggested “magic” since it also started with M and boom! Here we are today lol

How old are you?
27, though I’ll probably be 28 by the time this is posted! My birthday is on the 24th!

Do you go to school or work?
Both!! I work full time and I’m taking just a few classes each semester to work towards my bachelor’s degree.

What are your hobbies?
I really love arts and crafts, going to concerts, and camping!

Do you have any pets?
Yes! I have a maltipoo named Shamrock. He was adopted on St Patrick’s day. :)

What do you like/dislike about yourself?
Like: I like that I am creative and can think outside the box. Because of that I consider myself to be a decent problem solver. I’ve also been told I’m very patient. Sometimes I don’t feel it,  it I’m glad I can generally keep my cool! :P

Dislike: I wish I was more social. I’m very shy about interacting with strangers and find it hard to make lasting friendships in real life.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Honestly, politics aside I really love it right where I’m at in Arizona! It would be my dream to at least move a little further north in the state where it’s not so hot and where it’s less populated.

Do you collect anything other than ponies?
No. My ponies take up all the space I have lol!

Ponies-

How long have you been collecting ponies?
I started buying them as a kid when G3 was released in 2003. I didn’t start calling it a collection until a few years later when I was a teen though.

Why did you start collecting ponies?
I honestly don’t know why ponies stood out to me more than other toys! With the G3 ponies especially I think I was drawn to their sparkly plastic and wide array of colors. Then when I was getting older I stumbled across Aikarin’s customs and realized that I didn’t have to outgrow my toys! They could grow with me and be more than just a kids thing.

Who is your favorite pony and why?
Minty! I mostly love her based on her cartoon appearance. She is just so quirky and fun I can’t help but love her!

Who is your least favorite pony and why?
Hmmmm it’s hard to choose a least favorite. I might go Pinkie Pie just because there is an overabundance of her.

Who is your favorite pony from another country?
I adore the Spanish Piggy Ponies!

Who is your favorite fakie?
I can’t think of who makes them, but these unicorns:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They are honestly better made than some of the modern ponies, and they’re cheaper too.

Who was your first pony?
G3 Sparkleworks! I still somewhat remember going to TRU and picking her out.

What pony did you get recently?
I just bought the G3 Minty who came with the Worlds Biggest Tea Party set. She was the last brushable Minty I needed to complete my Minty army!

What is your favorite generation?
G3 will probably always be my fav since it’s what I grew up with. They just feel so nostalgic!

What is your favorite part about collecting?
Definitely the thrill of finding a pony I don’t have in the “wild”. Since my collection is quite large it doesn’t happen often, but I still love hunting at thrift and antique stores. The community is also amazing to be a part of!

How big is your collection?
Uh. Large. I haven’t taken an official count in a while, but I’m thinking I could be nearing 1k.

What do your friends and family think about your collection?
I’ve been very lucky that everyone in my life has been supportive of my collection! Some people certainly think it’s a little quirky, but no one has been mean about it.

Do you still play with your ponies?
Not really. I enjoy taking photos of my ponies and setting up little scenes, but I don’t play with them like I used to.

What rare or popular pony makes you ask why!?
Sweet Scoops! She has such a generic color combo and looks so similar to Sherbet that I can’t wrap my head around paying such a high price for her.

If you had to have a pony symbol tattooed on your butt, which would you pick and why?
I’ve got ponies tattooed on my arm, does that count? :P hmmm I might go with one of the original 6’s cutie marks. I think the repeating image would flow best with the shape of a butt haha

If you could have any pony remade in a different generation, who would you choose and why?
I’d love to see any of the G2 ponies brought back in a more poplar generation! Some of them have really cute designs that I feel like get overlooked because of the mold they are in.

What has been the worst part about collecting?
Space. There is never enough of it.

What is your ultimate collecting goal?
I’ve always wanted to have all the G3 ponies completed, including all exclusives and special releases. I doubt I will ever be able to really afford it, but I can dream!

What is your biggest collecting accomplishment?
Definitely setting up my pony room! That was something I dreamed about for YEARS, so I’m so thankful I had the opportunity to make it real.

What is your biggest collecting regret?
Not being born in the 80s. :lol: I wish I could have gotten some G1 ponies while they were still common in stores!

Who is your grail pony and why?
I’d love to have a G1 piggy Minty!
Do you have it?
Nah. It will probably be a long while before I can afford to throw around that kind of money on ponies.

Do you prefer loose or MIP ponies?
Loose for sure! They take up less space and I can take pictures with them.

Quick! Close your eyes and grab a pony! Who did you get?
G3 Love Letter

Are you a customizer?
Yes! I’m still fairly new to it, but I’ve completed a fair amount of customs.

What do you think of custom ponies?
They are one of my favorite things about this fandom to be honest! I just love seeing all the creative ideas people are able to bring to life. Projects like HQG1C are seriously so cool, I really don’t know of any other toy fandoms dedicated enough to make NEW vintage toys!

What are acceptable and unacceptable pony flaws, in your opinion?
I’m not a very picky collector. Most of my ponies are from thrifting, so very few of them are in great shape. The only flaws that really really bother me are head/body discoloration and permanent marker spots that can’t easily be removed.

Would you rather have a bait pony or a fakie?
Man…..depends on the bait and the fakie. I love both since I can customize either without feeling too guilty!

Do you watch pony shows/movies?
Which ones?

Yes! I usually watch anything new as it comes out. I’ll occasionally go back and watch the G3 specials if I need something simple in the background!

Do you read pony comics?
Which ones?

I used to read the G4 series pretty religiously, but I stopped after COVID. The comic shop I went to stopped setting the aside for me. I realized the books take up a lot of space. I’ve been meaning to see if I might be able to sell the ones I do have…

What is the worst thing you've ever done to a pony?
I’m guilty of some hair cuts. :blush: I also remember me and the neighbors giving our ponies a mud bath when we were kids…..I don’t think mine got too muddy, but I remember her Sweetberry was just caked in mud!

Fill in the blank!

"I wish Hasbro would ditch the idea of a “core cast”. I miss new characters being released.

"When I was new to ponies I didn't know that there were other generations!"

"I think more ponies should have bold colors. I miss the neon butterfly island days!"

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Interview - Minty_Magic!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 09:47:35 AM »
fun to read!  thanks for sharing :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 10:31:46 AM »
Love this interview, & WOW at the collection!!!
Fully agree on the core cast thing. IMO the joy of Ponies is collecting!!! That's ruined by having just a few of them in shops...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 02:42:44 PM »
So... is that a crane game in your room? :whoa:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 10:28:25 PM »
Thanks alll! I’m flattered to be able to share a little bit about myself! :) That is indeed a crane game in my collection room! I keep my plushies in there. It lights up, but the crane mechanism is wonky, so I was able to get it for cheap haha!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2023, 04:21:06 AM »
That is so cool :D

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2023, 05:45:14 PM »
Great and interesting interview! It's nice to get to know Minty_Magic better! :heart:

Thank you for the wonderful pictures of your pony collection! It's so amazing!  :enthralled:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2023, 02:44:55 AM »
Nice interview. Congrats on completing the Minty army! :iconclap: And wow, what a display! Good spotting on the crane machine BC, I totally missed that and had to go back and look, so cool!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2023, 11:43:26 PM »
Great interview! I have one of those fakes too.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal