collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: [UPDATED 1/19] Gameloft MLP Game - G1 Upcoming Blitz Event  (Read 2624 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: [UPDATED MAIN POST] Gameloft MLP Game - G1 Event This Week
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2022, 06:02:36 AM »
Frostbite - Cadance should be free via the Equestria Girls Minigames. Orange is a reward for a branch of sweet Apple acres quests, is that line still available?

The event does indeed start Friday!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2022, 06:40:07 AM »
I got my game back but I am missing a few ponies so I think it is the save before last  :cry: I won Mercury from a Balloon Pop and I know I had Aunt Orange and Princess Cadence so I need to work on getting ponies back. Very disappointed to not have Mercury!

That happened to me once with my game too.  Something happened while I was playing and when I got the save file, it was from right before my game crashed.  I had just won Cheese Sandwich in something, and he was missing.  It took a long time to get him back.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2022, 09:19:30 AM »
Whoops, I bought Cadence because I was impatient  :biggrin: I'm working on a couple of the 'get stuff to get them' ponies as well as the redhead Ponytones mare from the event

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2022, 03:21:16 PM »
All the G1 ponies cost too many gems for me.  I have about 450 and the cheapest G1 pony is 700 :( 

Ponyfan

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2022, 03:54:20 PM »
I bought Firefly for $6. :) I'm happy she was less than $10. I'll post gifs when I'm home. They will be available for cash bundles when you're on the level they are helpers for.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2022, 12:06:04 AM »
I bought Firefly for $6. :) I'm happy she was less than $10. I'll post gifs when I'm home. They will be available for cash bundles when you're on the level they are helpers for.

Oh thank goodness! I was looking for cash bundles because like Ponyfan, I don’t have enough gems to buy any of them, but the only cash options I saw were like $50 full sets. Looking at gem prices that is a good deal, but I can’t bring myself to spend that much on virtual horses lol!

I mainly just want Minty. I think it’s really lame you can’t win any of the retro characters in the event. :huh: They should have at least a couple of them be winnable.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2022, 02:42:39 AM »

Oh thank goodness! I was looking for cash bundles because like Ponyfan, I don’t have enough gems to buy any of them, but the only cash options I saw were like $50 full sets. Looking at gem prices that is a good deal, but I can’t bring myself to spend that much on virtual horses lol!

I mainly just want Minty. I think it’s really lame you can’t win any of the retro characters in the event. :huh: They should have at least a couple of them be winnable.

Right?! I was so excited for G1 ponies! But I just spent all my gems in the previous sale, where they had a bunch of ponies for 100 gems each ... :( I want a G1 pony! :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2022, 03:52:07 AM »

Screenshots of the G1s for those curious!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 03:54:31 AM by Lady Frostbite »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2022, 10:05:01 AM »
lol "Other-dimensional Applejack/Bon Bon"

I love those crazy curls on Surprise, so cute! Thanks for the screenies :3

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2022, 10:39:25 AM »
The absolute cheek is that Pinkie Pie addresses one of the G1s as part of the current plot event, saying she thought the G1 'was an alien'. Normally I just skip dialogue without reading in events as it's boring, but I caught that line and I'm irritated. I was never a huge MLP fan as a kid, and I do like certain G4 designs and colours, but G1 ponies look like PONIES, I saw a comment that G4 ponies look closer to chihuahuas or bachycephalic dog breeds like pugs in comparison and I agree!

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2022, 03:19:17 PM »
The absolute cheek is that Pinkie Pie addresses one of the G1s as part of the current plot event, saying she thought the G1 'was an alien'. Normally I just skip dialogue without reading in events as it's boring, but I caught that line and I'm irritated. I was never a huge MLP fan as a kid, and I do like certain G4 designs and colours, but G1 ponies look like PONIES, I saw a comment that G4 ponies look closer to chihuahuas or bachycephalic dog breeds like pugs in comparison and I agree!

I think that comment refers to the fact that they are from a completely different generation and perhaps because they look drastically different from a G4 pony, rather than commenting on them looking bad or less horse-like from our perspective or anything like that. It's true that they'd look strange from a G4 pony's perspective - they do not look like any ponies they've seen before, but not necessarily less like horses to us, as humans in our universe.

Unless I misinterpreted your comment here and you just meant that it annoys you because G4 ponies look more "alien" to you as they look less like real-life horses, unrelated to the specific reason that Pinkie referred to G1 ponies as aliens.

That said, I personally prefer the G1 style myself.

My apologies if this response was strangely worded, I'm a little tired.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 03:24:39 PM by TheClassCalico »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2022, 05:19:27 PM »

Sadly, I spent the last of my iTunes money the week the event started.  :(  Oh well.  I hope I get lucky and there might be a sale the last day.

I noticed that some of the ads for the G1 ponies refer back to things that happened in the original cartoons. Gusty's mentioned her being allergic to pigs and Firefly's mentioned her kicking a dragon's face.

I wish we could win a G1 pony in this event too. It's disappointing that we can't. :(

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 07:45:14 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2022, 06:07:30 PM »
The absolute cheek is that Pinkie Pie addresses one of the G1s as part of the current plot event, saying she thought the G1 'was an alien'.

God, wouldn't it be nice if G4 referenced one of the previous gens WITHOUT getting a dig like this in? I'd like to think they were just going for a playful "haha they look so different to us!" joke, but it's hard not to read it as a jab...

I noticed that some of the ads for the G1 ponies refer back to things that happened in the original cartoons. Gusty's mentioned her being allergic to pigs and Firefly's mentioned her kicking a dragon's face.

This is pretty cool, though. but that was a Stratadon, not a dragon! they're completely different! :P

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2022, 06:32:50 PM »
I don’t think I have gotten to the part of the story where they call the G1 ponies aliens yet, but some of this earlier dialogue is setting up the story like there are smooze streamers making everyone grumpy, is it possible the dialogue is mean because of that? I usually just skim over a lot of the text, I’ll try and pay closer attention to it this time to see what the deal is! :p

EDIT: NOPE! Just hit the “alien” part of the story and it doesn’t appear Pinkie was smoozed when she said that.

Has anyone unlocked packs where you can buy the retro ponies other than Firefly and Glory? I’m on the level with Minty but I don’t have the option to buy her individually with real money. :( I can buy some gems if I have to I guess, but so far I’m not really impressed with this event. We should be able to get at least one other gen pony without gems or money.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 01:15:19 AM by Minty_Magic »

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2022, 08:40:45 AM »
Minty will be available for cash in the next stage. :) The ponies are available for cash bundles only when you are on the stage that they are a helper for.

This calculator will help you to see which ponies are available on what stages.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal