collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Aaaaaaarrrgggghhhh!!! *RESOLVED*  (Read 1664 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Aaaaaaarrrgggghhhh!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 11:46:19 AM »
Oh don't even get me started on this. This has happened to me this week with something that was mint and I had to send it back because they stuck it in a mailer and basically squashed it. I was livid and still am.

Then I get something else that was stuck in a mailer that should have been protected better first and it arrived damaged.

Seriously...this is unacceptable for companies and auction sellers to ship things this way. Its just wrong with a double G.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 12:39:09 PM »
I had bought a monster high doll from Amazon and while the box they shipped it in was perfectly fine, the box the doll comes in was crushed! Someone deliberately put a doll with a damaged box and sent it to me. That is unacceptable. While they could assume that whoever is buying it is going to take it out of the box, that doesn't mean that assumption is always true. I called Amazon and they emailed me a shipping label and had me send it back and I got a new one in much better condition. They also gave me $5 off my next purchase which was very nice of them.

I would have been so furious if I got a MIB G1/G2 pony whose packaging was crushed. Especially one that is not in the US packaging! I am so sorry this happened to you! :(
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 01:10:10 PM »
Oh those poor Babys </3 (the Funkos) ugh I'd be very upset if I got that in!

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 01:15:01 PM »
I had a Tootsie that I got from eBay, who was described as NM other than the pink from her symbols being faded white.

Well, needless to say, when I got her, she was COVERED in smooze. Didn't bother contacting them about it  since I couldn't really complain as I got her for 2 dollars..

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 01:53:10 PM »
Its so sad to hear about the damaged packages. Over all, considering how many packages I send and receive (about 200-300 a month) I have had good fortune, but I have had a few horror stories. I had one going to the UK for a swap vanish- it had custom made plushies with hand embroidery on them- it took literally months to make them  :yikes: I was able to replace everything else in the box but didn't have time to redo the plush ponies  :huh:

The other really bad one I had was two sets of shoes I ordered from a china seller- I had bought from them lots of times with no issues. My feet are really small so its hard to find shoes unless I get them made or go to the kids section. Anyway it took three months for the shoes to be made and shipped and then the delivery man brought my box to the door in a big garbage bag, it was soaked! I mean the box was all disintegrated and he made a rude comment about not shipping liquids over seas to boot- it was shoes! Luckily the company had put each one in an air tight bag, so other then the ickyness of having to dig though slimy cardboard bits nothing was actually hurt.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 03:36:59 PM »
Why in the world would that postal guy give YOU heck? I'd have had words with his superior (not to him, though...don't tick off your cook or your postman!)
Anyway, luckily it was just an international G4 that I'd ordered and nothing super special. Still, I'll probably have to send her back to her doom in the scrap heap of another country which kind of makes me sad. I'd much rather see her played with, but I don't see them selling her with her packaging in this condition...

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 03:46:44 PM »
Aw Im sorry to hear about your recent misfortune SeashellnBubbles! :(

The only thing Ive had happen is packages arrive wet...to the point where the bubble envelope has disintegrated a bit :(
Other than that maybe the odd tear to something thats already been recycled and sent to me!

Been quite lucky really!
Hopefully this is just a one off for you!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »
Oh such terrible stories!

I have sold and purchased a lot of the years so I have unfortunately sent parcels which arrived with issues and received parcels with issues as well - thousands of miles to travel, genuine accidents, weather, carelessness and poor shipping can all contribute.

The worst one I recieved was a complete Baby Racer [oddly I only needed the accessories not Racer but I was happy to have a twin in my collection] - the parcel arrived in a plastic back with lots of "opened at Customs" tape all over the padded envelope...and missing Racer, his mallet and his bandana. I still am sad thinking of that poor Baby Racer out their in the wild. I hope he was discovered and is keeping a postal or customs worker company somewhere.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

nollilols

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
I had a Tootsie that I got from eBay, who was described as NM other than the pink from her symbols being faded white.

Well, needless to say, when I got her, she was COVERED in smooze. Didn't bother contacting them about it  since I couldn't really complain as I got her for 2 dollars..

I would have said it to the seller in a message, on principle.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »
Well, everything seems to have worked out! The company got in touch with me very quickly, asked for photos, and within 15 minutes of my sending them, wrote back to say they would ship a replacement within 24 hours! So YAY! Great customer service and I told them so.
I hate to say it, but after reading some of your nightmare stories I feel like I got off easy...at least she arrived! Wow, Hathorcat!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Aaaaaaarrrgggghhhh!!! *RESOLVED*
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 04:45:29 PM »
I had a non-pony thing that we sold, it was a bird made of porcelain, so sort of fragile. It was destined for Brazil, but a couple weeks went by and it hadn't made it yet. Turns out it took a little side-trip to Australia! It finally did make it to the right destination, but it was silly how far out of the way it went! It's actually been a couple years since that happened, and my mom and I still talk about the little bird going on a vacation.

SeashellnBubbles, did you get to keep the opened one and they're sending you an unopened one? That's awesome, it is sad to think that the opened one would just be lost in the shuffle.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Aaaaaaarrrgggghhhh!!! *RESOLVED*
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 08:42:12 PM »
They seem to be allowing me to keep the wacked out one as well as shipping a replacement! At least, they haven't asked for its return, anyway. I'm keeping it as-is for a while until the other package arrives just to be sure they aren't sending a paid postage return bag or something. I'd rather donate her tot he local women and children's centre than have her just go back over the pond to get chucked over there!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal