collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: questions about a lot on ebay  (Read 419 times)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
questions about a lot on ebay
« on: August 07, 2014, 10:16:18 AM »
First I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I wanted to give a heads up

I'm sure anyone who watches ponies on ebay has seen the lot of 42 ponies listed for $499. I don't think we can post links here if I recall. There are some boys (I know they tend to be sought after) and some other fun ponies but the description states "What you see is what you get". That being said the same boys are listed individually as well. Same haircut, same marks, the exact pony. My concern is what if someone buys the bald Chief? Then the person who buys the lot gets cheated out of that Chief.... and then they are not getting "what they see". I don't use ebay alot but it doesn't seem right to have the same item listed twice or as two different items. Am I mistaken, does ebay allow for an item to be sold in a lot and/or sold by itself at the same time? (I would like to know so if I try to use ebay to purchase something like that I will know to be on the lookout)

Regardless, 499 is way too much for ME to spend on ponies, especially when they're all fairly common and in bait to clean up shape but to each their own.

Any info on if ebay allows items to be listed twice would be awesome so I know to be careful during my next purchase.

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: questions about a lot on ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
I don't officially know but I don't think so... because if both is sold then somebody is not getting what they paid for...
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:55 PM »
Wow, thanks for the heads up, UrocyonFox! I have that Chief in my watch list as I was *thinking* about bidding on him and rehairing for my herd. I think I'll pass now so that no one else gets cheated out of that lot.

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 09:02:58 AM »
    Hmm, I'm not sure if this is against eBay's policies or not.  Did they clearly state this in the item description, or is this something you had to discover on your own?   :huh:

I think, if handled properly by the seller, there is no problem in doing this.  That is to say, if the one lot sells, then the seller needs to immediately remove/cancel the other listing for the individually listed Chief (and any other ponies listed individually that were also included in the larger lot).  You know, whichever sells first, end the other listings so no one will try to buy them.  I think it can potentially set the seller up for problems if the seller doesn't immediately remove or revise the listings according to whichever item(s) sells first.

As a seller, I have done this before with various Transformers and other action figures, as well as some of the Funko blind box mystery mini figures.  However, they were all listed in the "Buy It Now" format, rather than an auction.  I see nothing wrong with it if you are very clear in your listing details, and if you will end/cancel the other listings immediately when one listing sells.  Then, you can revise the photos and description (and the price!) of the lot of toys/figures/ponies to reflect any changes if one of the individually listed items sold first.  However, if you do not end the listing and revise it before reposting, then I think you have a big problem as a seller.

For instance, I did CLEARLY state that in the item description, something along the lines of "this lot includes all figures as shown. The (insert name here) figure is also listed individually in my store, and whichever listing sells first, the other listing/item will be cancelled." 

Curious to see if either lot sells, and especially curious to see what the seller would do if the bald Chief listing sold first (would he/she revise the larger lot listing)?  Either way, I agree with you -- way too pricey for the ponies in the lot/condition they are currently.

Hope this helps a bit.  Also curious to see if anyone knows the actual "policy" on this, or if anyone else has had any experience/problems with selling items individually that are also included in another "lot" listing.

:D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal