Pony Talk > The Dollhouse

Lady Lovely Locks- Show me!

<< < (5/5)

katrine2309:

--- Quote from: Galactica on August 13, 2018, 11:04:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: katrine2309 on August 02, 2018, 03:04:27 AM ---I had Lady Lovelylocks as a kid- I still have her, although somehow over the years her head detached itself from her body :cry: Anyone know how to fix that sort of thing? I still have her, and the dress. Her pixietails got lost over the years though. I think I gave them to others after LLL lost her head.

I always wanted to get Maiden Fairhair and Ravenwaves when I was a kid. Those were my fav characters. Even though Ravenwaves wasn’t exactly that nice, I thought she was insanely pretty! I wanted Prince Strongheart too, but more as the love interest. Usually, that was what the boys were in my toy stories ;)

--- End quote ---

Did the nob break?  Probably-  I would just buy a baity looking replacement on ebay.   Search by Lady Lovelylocks or alternatively TCFC doll - steer clear of the ones that look like they have no necks- as they probably also have a broken neck joint.

--- End quote ---

Yes- the neck broke! Replacement body? Is it common to find that? How do you attach the head again? Just push it on?

Galactica:

--- Quote from: katrine2309 on August 13, 2018, 11:13:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: Galactica on August 13, 2018, 11:04:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: katrine2309 on August 02, 2018, 03:04:27 AM ---I had Lady Lovelylocks as a kid- I still have her, although somehow over the years her head detached itself from her body :cry: Anyone know how to fix that sort of thing? I still have her, and the dress. Her pixietails got lost over the years though. I think I gave them to others after LLL lost her head.

I always wanted to get Maiden Fairhair and Ravenwaves when I was a kid. Those were my fav characters. Even though Ravenwaves wasn’t exactly that nice, I thought she was insanely pretty! I wanted Prince Strongheart too, but more as the love interest. Usually, that was what the boys were in my toy stories ;)

--- End quote ---

Did the nob break?  Probably-  I would just buy a baity looking replacement on ebay.   Search by Lady Lovelylocks or alternatively TCFC doll - steer clear of the ones that look like they have no necks- as they probably also have a broken neck joint.

--- End quote ---

Yes- the neck broke! Replacement body? Is it common to find that? How do you attach the head again? Just push it on?

--- End quote ---

Yes, it's nothing special. Just a little nob at the end just like a Barbie doll or nearly every other kind of fashion type doll you have ever seen.

There are plenty of cheap dolls on ebay who can spare a body.  If not today, than just keep an eye out.  I would consider  $3-$5 + shipping reasonable.

Just be very careful when removing the head- hold the head under very hot water (like hot tap water) for a while and that should soften the plastic for easier work.  You can also use a hair dryer but I always fry the hair or burn my fingers that way...

centaurette:
Oh my goodness, this thread is amazing... Lady Lovely Locks is my favorite of the things I have, though I don't have very much! I'm so glad to see that people still love them, I'm always looking to expand my collection so this is a great reference! Thank you to everyone that has posted so far!

I love the whimsical femininity of this franchise's art and character design, I think it's just lovely!

lovesbabysquirmy:
Sadly I learned recently that the artist/creator of Lady Lovely Locks has passed away as of this year:

https://obits.cleveland.com/obituaries/cleveland/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=187757310

katrine2309:

--- Quote from: lovesbabysquirmy on August 15, 2018, 09:40:25 PM ---Sadly I learned recently that the artist/creator of Lady Lovely Locks has passed away as of this year:

https://obits.cleveland.com/obituaries/cleveland/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=187757310

--- End quote ---

That is sad :( Thank you for sharing that :hug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version