collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on a bundle of ponies  (Read 1523 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
PC on a bundle of ponies
« on: October 29, 2018, 12:43:44 PM »
my niece is selling part of her pony collection to help raise fund for well building in Africa.
and these are the ponies she's planning on selling.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I know who many of the ponies are, but I've been out of the buying and selling for a while and have no idea what they are worth. (ebay is not a good source of information... )
plus when she was younger i told her they were valuable so take care of them. otherwise she had a tendency to chew on her toys... well they made it out unscathed, but not she is convinced she's sitting on thousands and thousands of dollars worth of ponies. so i need outside perspectives to help us out.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PC on a bundle of ponies
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 01:30:27 PM »
Most gen 3 dont go for much unless they are certain ones, most go for about five bucks or less for them.  Gen four I will say the big wing ones might be worth something.  SS paradise might get about 10 or so depending on condition.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 01:44:27 PM »
You've got four, maybe five very different markets to cater to - G1, G2, G3, G4 and Equestria dolls. Most buyers are not going to be interested in more than 1-2 of those categories.  I'd split them up by generation at a minimum.  G3.5's and McDonald's ponies are hard to even give away, same with the sparkly G4 fakies at the back of the third-to-last picture. 

Probably only the G1's are worth selling individually, maybe a few of the less common G3/G4's (not my area of expertise).  Definitely not thousands of dollars.  The G1's will probably get an average of ~5-10$ each, less if they've got haircuts, chews, rubbed symbols, poor hair or any other damage.  Lady Flutter and the two MO Birthflowers may fetch a bit more. 

G3's struggle to even recoup their retail price when in mint condition and complete.  Loose in average shape, figure an average of 2-3$ each.  Value will be even less if they're sold as lots versus individually.  All the G2's are the most common out there, similar sort of 'nobody wants them' problem.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 02:39:05 PM »
I agree, split them and sell the different gens separately. Sell the decent G1's individually and the rest as a lot.

Sugar Apple can fetch $10-15, as can SS Paradise if the flocking is good. The MO Birthflowers will fetch $20+ but I don't think any other G1's are worth more than that individually.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 02:55:11 PM »
thanks for the info. I'll be bringing them to a pony meet up this sat. so my guess is most will sell individually, then lot up the left overs.
I have over 3 boxes of ponies myself, but I haven't even gone through those in months. so no idea which i want to keep. gotta get a move on that too. feeling so far behind.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 03:00:29 PM »
As far as G4 goes, that purple earth pony (forget her name) and the pink butterfly-winged one (Ploomette?)+white butterfly-winged can fetch alright prices, Ploomette+whiteButterfly moreso than the other one. The pops are worth very little.
You miight have some luck with the EQG Trixie as well.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 05:21:43 AM »
As far as G4 goes, that purple earth pony (forget her name) and the pink butterfly-winged one (Ploomette?)+white butterfly-winged can fetch alright prices, Ploomette+whiteButterfly moreso than the other one. The pops are worth very little.
You miight have some luck with the EQG Trixie as well.

I saw the purple one with the big wings at Ponycon for an insane price but Ploomette and Rarity from that set are really cheap on UK Ebay and I thought Ploomette was quite common (isn't it the other version that's more tricky)? I think there's also another one in the set isn't there? No idea about her?

I would also say that if Singing/Sweet Pocket's hair is unfaded and she has the bee to her flower she might fetch more. I can see she has her flower and she doesn't look like she's faded, but I can't see if her bee is intact. I don't know why but for some reason the US release of those fall apart in the symbol way more easily than the ones we had here (and also have much nicer hair as a rule) so a really pretty one might do well. It even might do well without the bee...I'm not sure what other people think?

I can't quite tell from the photo if she is the blue or purple hair version.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 05:35:38 AM »
I saw the purple one with the big wings at Ponycon for an insane price but Ploomette and Rarity from that set are really cheap on UK Ebay and I thought Ploomette was quite common (isn't it the other version that's more tricky)? I think there's also another one in the set isn't there? No idea about her?
She's more than the ~$3 most G4 seem to fetch at least.  ;) I thought she was worth more but I'm probably confusing her average price with every other early G4 that isn't a mane 6.
Diamond Rose is the white glimmer wing there, she's about $15-20.
There's also a Rainbow Dash, and then two purple ones (Daisy Dreams and Sweetsong). It looks like this entire set ranges from $8-25 ish, which is a bit more than most average G3s are worth so it's not that bad to have them in the lot.
I just realized this lot has a big butterfly theme.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 06:33:11 AM »
She's more than the ~$3 most G4 seem to fetch at least.  ;) I thought she was worth more but I'm probably confusing her average price with every other early G4 that isn't a mane 6.
Diamond Rose is the white glimmer wing there, she's about $15-20.
There's also a Rainbow Dash, and then two purple ones (Daisy Dreams and Sweetsong). It looks like this entire set ranges from $8-25 ish, which is a bit more than most average G3s are worth so it's not that bad to have them in the lot.
I just realized this lot has a big butterfly theme.

Hrm. They seem cheaper over here. But I have never seen the Diamond Rose one. Just they seem to be on ebay here for much less, but it might just be that distribution made some of them more plentiful here. I mean, we still have water cutie AJ and Flower Wishes in some stores here, but I know some areas in other countries didn't get them in such plentiful numbers as we've had. I've seen a lot of Ploomettes at carboot sales, too.

I guess the US price range makes the most sense.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 07:49:11 AM »
Hrm. They seem cheaper over here. But I have never seen the Diamond Rose one. Just they seem to be on ebay here for much less, but it might just be that distribution made some of them more plentiful here. I mean, we still have water cutie AJ and Flower Wishes in some stores here, but I know some areas in other countries didn't get them in such plentiful numbers as we've had. I've seen a lot of Ploomettes at carboot sales, too.

I guess the US price range makes the most sense.
I'd totally chalk it up to location and distribution, I don't remember very well but I believe they were shelf sitters for a good while, and I haven't found any when I thrift, so it's possible that not many were picked up and the extras went elsewhere.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 10:01:45 AM »
So is 100$ too much or not enough to give her for them?
Also anyone know if rhe collectors case is worth anything, otherwise I'll probably take it apart and put the pics on my wall.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 05:22:14 PM »
I would imagine there would be people interested in the case.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal