collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is there away to keep white painted ponies from yellowing?  (Read 188 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Is there away to keep white painted ponies from yellowing?
« on: April 24, 2014, 07:06:40 PM »
Ok I'm pretty sure there is a topic on this somewhere but I need to ask anyway. I don't keep my customs in cases or by the windows, but over the years I noticed yellowing on some of the ponies I painted white.. More notably on my First G4 custom that I gave a FBR.

What normally causes Ponies who are given white FBRs to yellow over the years? None of my ponies are anywhere near a window but I do use daylight bulbs in my room due to the fact they give me better light than normal bulbs.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Is there away to keep white painted ponies from yellowing?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 08:40:56 AM »
What do you seal with? I know certain sealants are prone to yellowing some. I don't think that any of my white FBR ponies have yellowed. Of course I hate doing FBRs in white so there aren't alot of them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Is there away to keep white painted ponies from yellowing?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 05:34:09 PM »
What do you seal with? I know certain sealants are prone to yellowing some. I don't think that any of my white FBR ponies have yellowed. Of course I hate doing FBRs in white so there aren't alot of them.
The pony that has yellowed the worse was the one that was sealed with dullcoat (eyes sealed with triple thick) and she was airbrushed with createx paint... the ones that have yellowed very little used a craft paint mixed with reeves paint (only because I was running out of white and I think I ended up mixing) and was sealed either with Mod Podge or DecoArt's duraclear... the lone pony that hasn't yellowed at all from what I can see was the one the one that used Reeves only but I forgot what sealer... granted my oldest ponies are from '09 but those really haven't yellowed...

but what confused me is that the pony that has yellowed the most really yellowed more in the head than the body.. she was done in '11, and was a G4 FS that had the createx used on her. Which I looked at her again and so far it's the front of the head where the light hits but the areas of her body where light hits hasn't yellowed, but her legs that are on the side that is shadowed has somewhat yellowed.. She is confusing me a lot x:
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal