collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coustomizing questions  (Read 197 times)

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
Coustomizing questions
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:15:51 PM »
Hi First off I have a G3 pony that was tacky with a type of airbrush paint- To get rid of the tackiness I used rustoulems painters touch primer on it (white) It didn't resolve the issue and I'd like to get it off but I don't know what works with MLP's I know with Breyers one could use oven cleaner in parts but I don't think that the pony would live through that, anyone here primed a pony and need to strip one- I need advice- 2ed question can water colors be used on a pony body?  I have a blank G3 body that I bought off of ebay in Oct I have water colors and ink pencils. (intense is the brand name) thank,  for reading and hoping for a response Ponygirl74

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Coustomizing questions
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »
We use pure acetone to strip ponies typically but I'm not sure what type of paint you used exactly. The acetone works on acrylic paints I know and I'm not sure what other paints. Acrylic paints are the type of paint safe to use on ponies and typically aren't tacky unless they are a gloss. A bit of Testors Dull Coat will fix that though, but you'll lose the gloss.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:21:15 AM »
Testors also makes a gloss coat, though.  Look at the caps.  Dullcote looks like "frosted" glass, Glosscote is regular clear plastic. :)

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 08:44:07 PM »
Acetone will also remove the primer you used (I prime everything), and probably the original tacky paint as well. Test it out and see what it does. You can find pure acetone near nail polish removers at jewel and Wal-Mart etc.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »
Water colors can be used on a pony, but it's tricky and a bit hit or miss.  I would recommend priming a pony before attempting it, and probably experimenting on a test pony first.  Once you have things as you like them, a spray sealant can be lightly applied in coats to help protect the moisture-sensitive paint.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal