collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: so, now my turn :(  (Read 677 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
so, now my turn :(
« on: November 06, 2013, 08:52:35 AM »
Sold my first item I've listed in 6 months on sunday, buyer backed out today saying her son was in a car accident last night...whatEVER. Anyway, she wants me to cancel the auction, which i have no choice but to do (thanks eBay) and I gave a second chance offer to the next person. Now...
What should i do about HER? Her eBay name is Fashionnanna...she has 116 REAL positive feedbacks! No false positives! I don't get it. I've sold all of 3 things on eBay and something has gone horribly wrong with all 3 (non-paying biddeer, "lost in the mail", and non-paying backout bidder) what is up with eBay lately!?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 08:58:23 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: so, now my turn :(
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that :hug: I don't know what's going on lately. I've had several issues as well. People, it's not that hard to communicate and pay when you commit to buy! :huh: It's like people don't even realize they're making a commitment to buy the item. I guess because ebay doesn't punish them.

I've had mostly positive experiences on ebay, but lately I have to cringe every time I sell something because I wonder if the person is going to pay or come up with some story about how they didn't get their item when they did. Ebay, you give me a headache :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
 :hug: Sorry that happened to you, ebay is really looking a crap place to be doing business as far as being a seller is concerned.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:51:40 PM »
I have not sold as much in the last couple of years as I used so, so speaking more as a buyer than a seller at the moment - I really do think some of the craziness comes down to the fact there is almost no accountability for buyers. It is the seller who has to jump through all the hoops, who has to dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s. So while 99% of buyers are normal, honest people like you and me; there are some people who, for me, abuse the site a little by treating mom & pop sellers as though they are Walmart and do so with the knowledge little will be done to downgrade/ban/damage their account. I think that leads to a lot of the nonsense.

I am so sorry that you have dealt with 3 cases such as this, thats a horrible run of luck. :( Maybe sell on the Arena for the next couple of transactions if its pony items; even if just to get you back to a comfortable place when it comes to selling before you venture to the jungle again that is ebay.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 09:29:54 PM »
I have not sold as much in the last couple of years as I used so, so speaking more as a buyer than a seller at the moment - I really do think some of the craziness comes down to the fact there is almost no accountability for buyers. It is the seller who has to jump through all the hoops, who has to dot all the "i"s and cross all the "t"s. So while 99% of buyers are normal, honest people like you and me; there are some people who, for me, abuse the site a little by treating mom & pop sellers as though they are Walmart and do so with the knowledge little will be done to downgrade/ban/damage their account. I think that leads to a lot of the nonsense.

I am so sorry that you have dealt with 3 cases such as this, thats a horrible run of luck. :( Maybe sell on the Arena for the next couple of transactions if its pony items; even if just to get you back to a comfortable place when it comes to selling before you venture to the jungle again that is ebay.

This ^^  *nods in agreement* :nod:  I'm so sorry that all three transactions went wrong - thats really unfortunate *sigh* :(  selling more here is defintely worth a try if you've had enough of the ebay crazies/disappointing transactions.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 01:33:56 AM »
The nice thing about ebay is you have a huge pool of buyers and can sell all your stuff at one site. But lately ebay's policies have really started to hurt sellers and their fees are so high. It may be more of a hassle to sell on different forums or Craigslist but in the end I think it's less risky for the seller. Sorry you've had bad experiences.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 01:37:05 AM »
Sold my first item I've listed in 6 months on sunday, buyer backed out today saying her son was in a car accident last night...whatEVER. Anyway, she wants me to cancel the auction, which i have no choice but to do (thanks eBay) and I gave a second chance offer to the next person. Now...
What should i do about HER? Her eBay name is Fashionnanna...she has 116 REAL positive feedbacks! No false positives! I don't get it. I've sold all of 3 things on eBay and something has gone horribly wrong with all 3 (non-paying biddeer, "lost in the mail", and non-paying backout bidder) what is up with eBay lately!?

Uggghhh giant hug :hug: It's absolutely ridiculous how terrible eBay is. After they gave full power to the buyer and squashed the seller, it became full of people "abusing" the system - bidding and not paying, scamming for refunds, etc etc etc. eBay has no "policing" to protect sellers (I know things are slowly... slowly changing a bit but... still...) - and this is where it leaves the seller - like you - frustrated and out of a sale...
Anyway, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that! :hug: It's not called EvilBay for nothing :huh:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »
I have been having a lot of issues also. International buyers seems to be my best buyers! I had to open a non payment a few days ago.  Sorry to hear about it all :(

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 01:58:53 PM »
I know, right? She's only a couple hours drive from where I live...there are some real nuts out there who could just snap after dealing with too much of this kind of thing and do something drastic to someone so close...I've heard of it happening, so...
Anyway, I basically told her i had no choice BUT to cancel the auction and asked her to please honor her commitments when making an official contract to buy. I then told her I hope her son was ok.
So anyway, i offered to the next highest bidder and she paid within 2 hours of the auction, and she was from Australia!! :lol: I've never had problems with Aussie buyers...I wonder why that is? Anyway, it's all resolved now and I'll just add her to the banned list. I have so many of those now :( there has to be a better way. The Arena here pulls it off, why not eBay?

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 02:00:04 PM »
The Arena here pulls it off, why not eBay?

Yeah but we're a REAL community, eBay is nameless/faceless. I'm glad you got it resolved and got paid by the second buyer! :hug:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 02:03:43 PM »
The Arena here pulls it off, why not eBay?

Yeah but we're a REAL community, eBay is nameless/faceless. I'm glad you got it resolved and got paid by the second buyer! :hug:

True, that, Shiney :hug: If i didn't need the money so bad after my own car accident I'd sell everything here and stay the heck away, but... *sigh*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal