collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: (UPDATE advice needed) Potentially another problem w/ eBay seller (non pony)  (Read 1481 times)

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
UPDATE: Package received, however still need some advice on feedback, please see latest post

I seem to have a knack for landing with these issues...  :drunk:

Anyway, I bought the item last week on Tuesday 15th from this seller. They live in the same state as me. I was hoping they would be sent here for an event on Sunday 20th (just passed). It's now the 22nd, and a week since I paid, and the item still hasn't been marked as shipped. Their auction stated 3 business days as handling time, but it's been longer than that now.

I've sent them a message so hopefully they'll be able to tell me what's going on, but this is... augh... yet another somewhat troublesome transaction on eBay for me.  :sneaky: Really, it shouldn't take a week for a seller to send something, plus they haven't contacted me at all about a delay.
Their feedback is pretty good, only a handful of neutrals. There has been recent feedback for items around the time that I bought mine, so... I just wonder what on earth is going on.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
Re: Potentially another problem w/ eBay seller... (nonpony)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 04:47:34 AM »
I had a few sellers who didn't mark the items as shipped at all... they all arrived, sometimes sellers seem to not check that box.
I hope your item is on it's way and if not, hope the seller contacts you and send it ASAP.

Having some trouble lately on Ebay too, so i know how frustrating it can be when it seems like it happens too much :hug:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 05:02:59 AM »
Jeez, that's no good especially if you needed it last weekend  :huh:

I hope they have some explaination for you to why it has not been shipped.  Or why the delay?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:01:40 AM »
Well we don't know if it has not been shipped. It could be lost in transit. They SHOULD update the auction with a 'item has shipped' but some folks just don't seem to do that (which really sucks.)

If you do happen to get the package before the seller responds, check the box and the date on the label/PO stamp and see when it was shipped out. If it matches with his three day time frame, you really can't blame the seller. This would be a postal delay issue.

Also, how was your item sent? Fastest speed or slowest speed?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 09:03:53 AM »
EEEK!  Hope it arrives soon!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

RedheadedBeauty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »
What is up with ebay sellers lately? I really hope you get your item soon. If you don't you can always open a case that you haven't received the item yet if the seller doesn't respond to you.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »
:hug: for Cobalte and   and :throw: @ trouble ebay sellers* 
  It might be that the item was shipped within 3 days , but like has already been mentioned, some sellers dont bother to update/mark the item as shipped :huh:  Sometimes it does take longer than expected for an item to arrive, even if it was shipped quickly... but if the seller knew you needed it by that date, then she should at least have let you know when she shipped the item  *sigh*  .  I really hope that the seller responds to you and the item shows up soon. Please let us know how it goes

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline cobalte

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 01:01:45 AM »
No response as of yet. I'm going to wait until Friday before I send another message, hopefully I hear from them soon. To be honest I didn't tell them to ship straight away to make it for that date, so I don't begrudge them for that, as I just assumed it would be here in time. The lack of communication worries me.
To answer some q's: It was just sent standard post (slowest), but it's merely from the other side of the city. Expected delivery time for that is still 1-2 business days. It shouldn't be much longer...

RedheadedBeauty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »
*hugs* Hopefully you'll hear something soon!

Offline cobalte

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 12:34:41 AM »
Welp, it's Friday and still no word... I'm getting rather sick of some eBay sellers.  :pullhair:
I've sent them this message:
"URGENT: PLEASE REPLY IN 24HRS
I still have not heard from you about what is happening regarding this item. It's now been ten days since I paid and no word on anything being sent. Your auctions state that you post within 3 business days so I'm starting to get worried about what is going on, especially with no communication. Please reply within 24 hours with what's happening."

I wasn't sure whether mentioning opening a not received case would count as a threat or something by eBay standards so I left that out. I'm going to wait until Monday now, if I still haven't heard from them (which looks like it may be the case) then it's time for a case  :huh:

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 06:56:18 AM »
Weird, maybe try emailing them too?

Offline cobalte

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 01:20:57 AM »
The seller finally marked as shipped today (Sun 27).  :unsure: 
No response to my message though...

Offline cobalte

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 04:15:43 AM »
UPDATE:
The package arrived today (Wednesday 30th).
I also got a message in my inbox from the seller today:

"Hi,
Very sorry for the lack of communication but we have had no phone line for over a week which also means not internet for us your item has been sent. Sorry for the delay."
This seems really quite weird as they are an actual store on the other side of town... however I popped over to their Facebook and something similar was posted there around the 20th too.

I'm really quite unsure what feedback to leave here... if their phone line was down there was nothing that could be really done. Though you'd think they'd try to go to an internet cafe or something? This is really confusing  :unsure:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Hmm..it sounds legit that they may have had issues if they posted the same message on their facebook. 

But no offense if I knew I was having internet issues I would of like you said found an internet cafe or a friends house and closed my store for that period of time.  Then figured out who's packages needed to be shipped and emailed and let them know right away what was going on. 

So now the feedback, I would probably still leave a postive but maybe leave lower star ratings for communication and shipping time.  But that is up to you of course.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline cobalte

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
**BUMP** I still would like more advice

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal