collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 789 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Transformers
« on: June 05, 2022, 07:12:37 PM »
I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in "What's Your problem".

Many, many years ago I joined a transformer collectors website.  They have sub groups for each state in the U.S. and for other countries to report sightings of new figures in store.  In the Georgia group, I tried to be helpful and report things as I found them.  But I was told I wouldn't be given much info in return because I was new, and a lot of scalpers use the forums to find stuff and buy it all up to resell, and maybe one day if they trust me I'll get invited to their secret facebook site.  A couple years later I make a comment about how I've never gotten to be in the secret club, and I finally get an invite.  Well now I feel like I'm in the same boat.  I offer help and info on new figures, but no one reciprocates.  Few people ever post sightings other than myself.  And when I do other users reply yeah, they already found that weeks ago!!! 
Today I found a figure I wanted, the only one on the shelf in a damaged box. I posted to let others know this figure has finally shown up in our area.  Another user replies Yeah, there were three of the figure there when he went last week.   :cry: :shocked: :mad:
Why didn't you let us know?  Why have this super secret group if 90% of the members aren't bothering to help their fellow collectors? I'm just venting because I'm frustrated. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 01:28:19 PM »
That group sounds like a letdown.  Maybe it's been that way for a long time.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Transformers
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 03:01:35 PM »
That's a bummer. Sorry they aren't helpful (or very nice, sounds like). Is it a fan run group? I find those to be kind of... strict and full of know-it-alls. I'm in a group for a simple monster breeding game and the people are so stingy with info for new people.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal