collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal says I can't send money because of a security risk - solved  (Read 1038 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
I'm trying to buy a very large lot of pony hair from someone. I can't send any amount of money, when I set it up the 'send money' button is greyed out and it says to please choose a different payment method. I called them today and they said there is a security risk with the other persons Paypal. He couldn't give me details. He told me if I had a credit card, I would be able to pay that way, but I don't have one. I use my bank account.

Has this ever happened to anyone here?

All I can think of is that maybe her Paypal isn't verified? When I type in the email, no picture or name shows up.

I don't think she is trying to scam. She was once a well known pony person and started a topic in an MLP group about the hair. I sent her a message about what Paypal told me but she hasn't responded yet.

Update: She said someone just sent her a large amount through paypal and it went fine. She's going to try sending me an invoice and see if that works.

Update2: I couldn't pay the invoice either. So I think the issues was on my end and I'm guessing it's because I don't have a credit card attached to my account or any other second payment besides my bank. I could call paypal again but I don't feel like it. I politely backed out of the sale.

Update3: Okay, so the issues WAS on my end. I tried to send someone else 20 bucks and had the same problem. So I added my debit card and then I could send it. ??? I've always just had my bank connected and my debit card is basically the same thing, so I don't know. But it seems to be working now.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 03:07:03 PM by BlackCurtains »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal