collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ResinSoul Mei came today, and Help! I think I need faceup help!  (Read 459 times)

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
ResinSoul Mei came today, and Help! I think I need faceup help!
« on: January 17, 2013, 06:48:02 PM »
She's here! I already love her!!

Well, I knew that she would need help with her, ahem, ODD faceup. She had an eyebrow WAY off and crazy Goth liner...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well, five hours, some painting , gluing the eyelashes to everything, and my first attempt at a fur wig:

I am sorry it is blurry, silly me! Pardon the plastic under the wig, still drying!

But, I am not totally happy.... there is some I could not do, does anyone have a good face-up artist that won;t break the bank? Or should I just keep piddling? I like her for far away, but not close ups. Btw, she will be a fairy when finished,

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
Re: ResinSoul Mei came today, and Help! I think I need faceup help!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 07:02:36 PM »
It does look like she needs some touch up! I would be glad to help- have all supplies here, but I don't have examples yet. I'm working on a portfolio though. I'd be glad to do it for free , just cover shipping. Let me know. 

I'm working on a bjd right now, she's not coming out too bad. I'm an art major with concentration in painting and graphic design, btw. :)

What have you used on her so far? Is the face up removable without staining?

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 07:08:22 PM »
Congrats on your Mei!  She's such a pretty doll.  I like the improvements you gave her, that wig is really nice.

I posted this pic elsewhere, but I'll share it here too.  I just got a head back from an artist on DoA and I love it!

The artist's name is Eludys and she is relatively cheap for the quality of her work.  I only paid $45 for the faceup.  It's still a little pricey I guess, but for me the face makes or breaks the doll.  An amazing doll with a mediocre faceup just doesn't catch my attention, while a cheaper doll with a great faceup (like the one I just posted) can look amazing.

Her Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eludys/sets/72157629327667498/
New pics are at the end, the last three pics are of my girl.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
Thanks ya'll!

SkyRocket, I will PM you! everything I have used seems to come off with Acentone, because I had to redo some places. Just chalk pastel and Modpodge covering. Around the eyes, I did use some black acrylic to touch up where it had chipped. I was actually able to remove their strange heavy eyeliner, but the eyebrows have stained a tad.

I was an art major too, but this is licking me pretty good.. I don't see the tiny stuff too well!

Zenna, I saw her and she is lovely!!
Thanks about the wig, my first try! It is a mess for sure!! A couple of hiccups, but I am learning as I go! She has a moulded cloth cap that is fit to her head that the Lambswool is glued to.

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 07:37:57 PM »
Just pm'd you :D
 Thank you tinrobo!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal