collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 79826 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1410 on: July 24, 2022, 07:44:58 PM »
Hope you get better xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1411 on: July 25, 2022, 02:03:17 AM »
Fruit flies again. Really small ones this time, like how most fruit flies are. They were getting pretty big for a while. The big ones were super annoying but the small ones are worse. They come out of nowhere and then they're in your face.

Pretty sure they came from the kitchen drain. I keep forgetting to pour bleach down there before I go to bed. I should make new traps too and put up some fly paper.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1412 on: July 25, 2022, 10:44:20 AM »
Get a Butterwort, that'll sort out your fly problem :)

Mum has shingles on her face and eye  :cry:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 25, 2022, 11:15:40 AM »
I use apple cider vinegar traps! Just have a dish of apple cidar vinegar (like a dipping dish), gently squeeze two drops of washing up liquid like Dawn in it, gently swirl the two together. You don't need to make bubbles; the soap lowers the surface tension of the vinegar, so when the fruit flies land on it, they sink and drown!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1414 on: July 25, 2022, 12:57:22 PM »
PKW, maybe I will! They're not dangerous to cats so that's good.

Lady Frostbite, that's what I make my traps out of :) I have small cups I mix it in, then cover it with cling wrap with a hole in the center, so the flies can go in but can't get out. I also tape some insect sticky paper to the sides of the cups and that really help catch them.

My new complaint is I didn't get anything done today :( I'm just so tired. I tried to take a nap twice but both times I couldn't fall asleep. Having chronic fatigue really sucks.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 26, 2022, 08:30:08 AM »
BC dealt with my compost fly infestation very quickly :)

Love pkw xxx

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 27, 2022, 12:53:48 PM »
If I don't quit my job by Saturday it's going to be a miracle

*muffled screaming*

Sometimes I wish my brain just ... worked properly instead of occasionally flipping out and holding the rest of me hostage  :cry:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1417 on: July 27, 2022, 02:39:57 PM »
Hugs for you Lady Frostbite. Today I am bored.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1418 on: July 27, 2022, 03:51:04 PM »
it's still too hot. and no rain. the lawn feels like hay when i walk in the backyard. i think i've forgotten what rain looks like.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 04:06:42 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1419 on: July 27, 2022, 04:12:36 PM »
Parents who conveniently 'forget' family agreed rules about things like mask wearing when contractors come around to replace taps/do other work, despite the conversation we had about masks and contractors, which made it clear that yes, masks are still required.

I am so angry with them about this. I went out this morning, and the guy (who I knew was coming) was here when I came back. Neither he nor they were wearing masks.

It feels like they went behind my back, although my mother is making her usual excuse of 'I thought it was fine, and we didn't know what to do'.

If you don't know, mother, wear the mask. Covid is around still and YOU ARE IMMUNOCOMPROMISED.

..."But at least we distanced."

With no open windows at all, may I add.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1420 on: July 28, 2022, 05:47:17 AM »
LadyFrostbite, I'm sorry :( I suffer from brain hostage too (I like that term for it). I hope things get better :hug:

I mentioned this in the Slice of Life thread, but I woke up with a really bad headache. I had woken up an hour or so before and had it then, but I thought if I just laid back down, it might go away. So when I woke up for good, it was really hurting. Usually I can massage parts of my head/face and it gives some relief but this one was so bad, even touching my head made it worse. So after I took medicine I sat up for while, like a half hour, just waiting for it to lessen. It's mostly gone now, but the back of my head and around my eyes still hurt a little.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 28, 2022, 02:15:31 PM »
Parents who conveniently 'forget' family agreed rules about things like mask wearing when contractors come around to replace taps/do other work, despite the conversation we had about masks and contractors, which made it clear that yes, masks are still required.

I am so angry with them about this. I went out this morning, and the guy (who I knew was coming) was here when I came back. Neither he nor they were wearing masks.

It feels like they went behind my back, although my mother is making her usual excuse of 'I thought it was fine, and we didn't know what to do'.

If you don't know, mother, wear the mask. Covid is around still and YOU ARE IMMUNOCOMPROMISED.

:hug: -_-

It seems to be a thing "oh I didn't want to make them feel awkward and it seemed ok"

I totally get this.

Mum is better behaved than Dad, she tends to hide if we get workmen, Dad just runs about sans mask like Mr Bean >_< I have taken to getting him a mask and handing it to him.

I have very pointedly walked about with a bleach spray and rubber gloves, wearing a mask and made hand washing station for the workman and open doors and windows etc.

Love pkw xxx

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 28, 2022, 03:14:59 PM »

I feel the same type of frustration with my dad.  All 3 of us came down with Covid. Our dr sent my dad and me for an IV infusion this week (mom had hers last week) to help fight it.  We were both given a note that says we can return to normal activities on a certain date, but my dad either wasn't listening or only heard part of it.  Yesterday we all had a telemedicine visit with our family dr.  My mom asked if she could get out of the house since she had the infusion last week and the dr said yes. because she can no longer infect others with the virus.    As soon as we hung up my dad said "The dr said we're not contagious anymore."  So I had to tell him that the dr said it was okay for mom to leave the house but not us.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 03:18:17 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1423 on: July 28, 2022, 04:16:13 PM »
Thanks, guys. I love my mother, but she's the queen of convenient misremembering in situations like this.

When my sister was home a couple of weeks back we had an actual family meeting specifically about masks and discussed how we were going to play it through the summer. Contractors coming over never came up in this conversation, as it was about other things. THe last time we had a contractor, though, I pointed out the mask thing. Mother made a big fuss about it, saying it was silly, I was overreacting, giving me all the grief over it. When the contractor called, Dad took the call. He just asked about the mask and the guy said he intended to wear one anyway. Literally no drama, except in Mum's head.

That's why this time angered me so much. That last incident was not so very long ago, and it was so very clear that situation had not changed. When Mum is there saying, 'we talked about it but we didn't know what to do', I told her straight that she was talking nonsense. She knows full well, she just doesn't like to 'make other people feel awkward.'

I hope it will be ok, but contractors go around people's houses. Dad is on a lot of meds for various things right now, and as I said, mum has blood cancer so is immunocompromised. And she is constantly on the 'we don't need to do x y z' now as if covid has gone, even though it hasn't.

I get she's fed up. We're all fed up. We're all doing this to protect her, though. I wore a mask out on that same day, even though I don't really like wearing them, and feel hugely uncomfortable now being stared at by people. But she couldn't even be bothered to protect herself. I've also given up 2 years of my life, and absolutely every piece of the independence I spent 10 years building to keep her and Dad safe through the pandemic. I'm sick of having to be the reminder person, I'm sick of being whined at for having to be it, because its her safety that's really at stake at the end of the day.

It's not my fault covid happened, it's not my fault her immune system sucks, it's not my fault that the world has changed. It's not her fault, either, but taking it out on me isn't going to change any of the existing parameters. She should be glad her daughters love her enough to make the effort, instead of trying to make out we're fussy idiots who don't understand. Just I'm the one that has to live with it. Naynie's is mostly over phone.

(THis is the same woman who was told separately by a doctor and a hospital matron to listen to her daughters, after a couple of bouts of pneumonia years ago. It's also the woman who didn't go to hospital when she was bleeding internally because she thought it was making a fuss, and tried to pretend to my sister she wasn't running a 39 degree fever because it was too much trouble to bother the doctor on a sunday night.

I rest my case).

I'm still mad a day later. It feels like a weird reverse child parent situation where she's sticking her tongue out and saying 'you're not the boss of me', before crashing my car.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 04:24:25 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 28, 2022, 06:10:56 PM »
Thanks, guys. I love my mother, but she's the queen of convenient misremembering in situations like this.

When my sister was home a couple of weeks back we had an actual family meeting specifically about masks and discussed how we were going to play it through the summer. Contractors coming over never came up in this conversation, as it was about other things. THe last time we had a contractor, though, I pointed out the mask thing. Mother made a big fuss about it, saying it was silly, I was overreacting, giving me all the grief over it. When the contractor called, Dad took the call. He just asked about the mask and the guy said he intended to wear one anyway. Literally no drama, except in Mum's head.

That's why this time angered me so much. That last incident was not so very long ago, and it was so very clear that situation had not changed. When Mum is there saying, 'we talked about it but we didn't know what to do', I told her straight that she was talking nonsense. She knows full well, she just doesn't like to 'make other people feel awkward.'

I hope it will be ok, but contractors go around people's houses. Dad is on a lot of meds for various things right now, and as I said, mum has blood cancer so is immunocompromised. And she is constantly on the 'we don't need to do x y z' now as if covid has gone, even though it hasn't.

I get she's fed up. We're all fed up. We're all doing this to protect her, though. I wore a mask out on that same day, even though I don't really like wearing them, and feel hugely uncomfortable now being stared at by people. But she couldn't even be bothered to protect herself. I've also given up 2 years of my life, and absolutely every piece of the independence I spent 10 years building to keep her and Dad safe through the pandemic. I'm sick of having to be the reminder person, I'm sick of being whined at for having to be it, because its her safety that's really at stake at the end of the day.

It's not my fault covid happened, it's not my fault her immune system sucks, it's not my fault that the world has changed. It's not her fault, either, but taking it out on me isn't going to change any of the existing parameters. She should be glad her daughters love her enough to make the effort, instead of trying to make out we're fussy idiots who don't understand. Just I'm the one that has to live with it. Naynie's is mostly over phone.

(THis is the same woman who was told separately by a doctor and a hospital matron to listen to her daughters, after a couple of bouts of pneumonia years ago. It's also the woman who didn't go to hospital when she was bleeding internally because she thought it was making a fuss, and tried to pretend to my sister she wasn't running a 39 degree fever because it was too much trouble to bother the doctor on a sunday night.

I rest my case).

I'm still mad a day later. It feels like a weird reverse child parent situation where she's sticking her tongue out and saying 'you're not the boss of me', before crashing my car.

:( :hug: Sorry she's being difficult, and it's not fair to blame it on you.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal