collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 79807 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1155 on: April 27, 2022, 03:29:58 PM »
I have had no focus at work all week.  I don't hold much hope for tomorrow or Friday either. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 27, 2022, 04:19:17 PM »
i am burned out on  life... but so busy that i no longer have time for my burnout!!!

i think my cat is on the closer side of dying.  if i am home and he is awake, he wants me to pick him up  and hold him.  he smells different now, i don't know how to explain that.  Like old cat.  he shakes, I think he's going blind, he only has half his teeth left,  I can handle the vet, but I don't want that to happen randomly at home!!!  but he is 14 so ... old cat.  I guess that isn't trivial but whatever.

husband is stressed, kid is stressed, the in-laws are causing drama, my family is even MORE drama... I'm glad that they need passports and vaccinations to come to Canada - they cannot rope me into their drama!  :D 

oh and I don't sleep much anymore, plus gaining like 30 pounds
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1157 on: April 27, 2022, 06:40:45 PM »
squirmy, i'm sorry about your cat. :(

why is life so stressful now? i wish there were a pause button that I could press to just take a break. or a nap. i know this is the complaint thread so maybe some bias here. but i hate that we're all so stressed.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1158 on: April 28, 2022, 05:30:20 AM »
I'm so sorry about your cat, squirmy :( :hug: It's so hard when you have older pets.

--

Speaking of cats. My cat woke me up this morning by sneezing on my face. A little while later she was in the litter box and had just gone poo when she started to dry heave (she has a hairball, I'm giving her medicine for it). My cat has never been able to handle vomiting. She freaks out and falls over and it looks like she's having a seizure (she isn't, I spent $800 many years ago to find out she's just weird). So, of course she flopped over onto the poo and I had to clean it out of her fur. And that was my morning.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #1159 on: April 28, 2022, 08:06:25 AM »
aw, poor meet-phobic kitty :C poo disasters in the morning are always a joy ;_;

my trivial complaint for the day is I have pretty bad cramps. I was out riding earlier (great ride!), and just as I came off the horse, it hit, so I'm still waiting for the energy to go have a shower and wash the barn smell out of my hair. I also need to work on art, but I'm sooo tired, both from being out and from the pain. ;_;

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 28, 2022, 05:22:12 PM »
Having a cruddy day. I’m having health problems that are leaving me exhausted, got waitlisted (again, whoop-de-do) for another post secondary program, and mom came home in a mood and called me names because the house was messy. I’m sorry, it would be less messy and I’d be more inclined to clean it if people didn’t insist on bringing their dirty shoes all through the house and OH YEAH if I wasn’t having health issues.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1161 on: April 29, 2022, 06:38:23 AM »
I don't feel good this morning. My stomach hurts, my ear hurts (and I hurt it further when I blew my nose) and I have such bad dry mouth. It's stupid because it's so humid outside but I have my AC on since the highs are in the 90s. I keep thinking of getting a small humidifier I can keep on my desk during the day and bring it to my bedroom at night. But again, that seems stupid when I can crack a window. I don't know. In the past I've tried products that fight dry mouth but most are peppermint flavored and I hate peppermint.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 29, 2022, 09:20:07 AM »
I miss when phone calls and texts were fun. like when it was a friend calling to catch up or texting to make plans. i don't know if it's because i'm older or what but now every time the phone rings it's rarely something good. at best it's a junk call. if it isn't junk it's usually someone needing me to do something or calling to ask questions about whatever. i get stressed out every time i hear the phone ring. and texts are usually junk for more people asking me to do stuff. i have a lot of anxiety talking to people i don't know well. i get stressed out if i know i have a phone/video call with someone i don't know. i guess not everyone has this issue and i just don't like people forcing me into stressful situations. it feels really invasive.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 30, 2022, 03:59:38 PM »
I miss when phone calls and texts were fun. like when it was a friend calling to catch up or texting to make plans. i don't know if it's because i'm older or what but now every time the phone rings it's rarely something good. at best it's a junk call. if it isn't junk it's usually someone needing me to do something or calling to ask questions about whatever. i get stressed out every time i hear the phone ring. and texts are usually junk for more people asking me to do stuff. i have a lot of anxiety talking to people i don't know well. i get stressed out if i know i have a phone/video call with someone i don't know. i guess not everyone has this issue and i just don't like people forcing me into stressful situations. it feels really invasive.
Big same. And then there are the ones you have to MAKE. Like before, it was five minutes to get through. Now you're on hold for an hour, interrupted every minute with "your call is important to us" messages, or something about what's available online, then when you're finally through it's some poor sod who would love to help but generally doesn't have the power or authority to do so...

And this is why I now hate phone calls
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 01, 2022, 04:57:30 PM »
Yesterday morning my mother was returning home from night work and she found a dead cat.  :cry:
(There is no picture here. I'm just describing what it looked like.)
Spoiler
It lay on the side of the road and it was missing its head! Its guts had also come out. :shocked:
My mother took a photo of it. Then she reported the discovery to Facebook and the cat owner was immediately found. Almost immediately the owner picked up his cat off the side of the road.

We don’t know what happened to it, but I think it bumped into the car violently.  :(
I’ve seen dead cats before, but this was the worst of all.  :cry:
:zzz:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 01, 2022, 04:59:39 PM »
My debit card is expiring this month and I haven't gotten the replacement yet.  So I called my bank to ask when I should expect it in the mail and I was told I should get it about 2 days before it expires because my card is good through the whole month.  That's fine, except that our mail out here isn't always delivered when it's supposed to be and I've gotten notifications from some of the sites I order from that my card is already expired and I need to update my billing information.  I had an issue trying to pay at the gas pump this last week and I think it was due to the expiration date on my card.  I only hope that the bills I need to pay online this month will still accept my card until I can get the new one.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1166 on: May 02, 2022, 06:10:14 AM »
@HoM - That's so sad and makes me angry. Cats should be inside pets. I can only blame the owner when this kind of thing happens.

--

My complaint is more of a confession? My dad gave me $400 for a used washer & dryer, which I am still trying to find. I wasn't buying anything else because I only had about 20 bucks, but then the auto payments started coming in and Jagex was one of them. They take $18 every three months for RuneScape. I'm bad at keeping track so before I knew it my 20 was gone. Then I needed my stomach medicine, which is about 15 dollars. It dipped into the 400 my dad gave me and now I feel really bad. I feel like I did something wrong and would hate for my dad to find out.

My mom gave me an extra 200 to go toward the washer & dryer but it isn't deposited yet. In a few days I'll get my regular monthly money from my parents for my bills. So I won't need to take anymore from the 400. In the end I'm getting a bigger budget for the washer & dryer, but I still feel bad about spending part of it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 02, 2022, 07:52:01 AM »
poor kitty :(

my complaint is that i've been back at work for less than 1 hour and i'm already stressed out and bored at the same time.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 02, 2022, 02:16:42 PM »
@HoM - That's so sad and makes me angry. Cats should be inside pets. I can only blame the owner when this kind of thing happens.

Yep.  :(

Pet cats that go outside without their owner are an eternal topic of quarrel here in Finland! Another eternal controversy is the homeless cats that are outdoors, breeding and setting up large sick populations.  >_<

This is still difficult for many to understand even today: the owner of a cat has a duty of care for his pet, which also includes controlling the movement of the cat when it is disconnected. The cat can therefore go outdoors as long as the owner himself is with the cat and makes sure that nothing happens to the cat or that the cat does nothing prohibited by law.
The cat does not belong to Finnish nature. It is classified as a harmful alien species.

An estimated 20,000 cats are abandoned or born in Finland each year. Some of them die of hunger, cold and disease, but some survive and give birth to more and more homeless animals. :cry:  -_-

My cats have always been and still are only indoor cats.  :) They have also always been castrated or sterilized. My cat Hector is a rescue cat and it was born into a cat population. Fortunately, it is a perfectly healthy cat, meaning it has not suffered from inbreeding. :heart:
My previous rescue cat Aatto was also a population cat, but it was a really sick and disabled cat. :heart:  :cry:
:zzz:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 02, 2022, 07:27:23 PM »
poor kitty!  yes, indoor kitties are safe ones! 
my cat has taken to hiding now  *sigh*  He comes out for me but not the rest of the family.  And he sleeps so much more.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal