collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: $70 for both Venus and Robecca...okay price?  (Read 730 times)

Offline Cwk123

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
$70 for both Venus and Robecca...okay price?
« on: July 29, 2012, 06:55:34 PM »
Can't decide whether to go ahead and get them at that price...or wait and wait and HOPE I can find them in a store. Sometimes the peace of mind of not having to chase them down or call stores regularly is worth the extra money...what are your opinions?!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: $70 for both Venus and Robecca...okay price?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 07:11:12 PM »
Can't decide whether to go ahead and get them at that price...or wait and wait and HOPE I can find them in a store. Sometimes the peace of mind of not having to chase them down or call stores regularly is worth the extra money...what are your opinions?!

I say it's not fair at all :\

That's $30 more than retail, and the shipping hasn't been added yet! With that $30, you could buy another MH doll AND a fashion pack. Also, a lot of people have been find them, so maybe you will too. And if you can't find them, maybe someone on here could buy one for you. Most of the time, they only charge retail+shipping, and maybe a little extra.

But then again, I'm cheap when it comes to this kinda stuff XP
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 07:22:45 PM »
I say it's not fair at all :\

That's $30 more than retail, and the shipping hasn't been added yet! With that $30, you could buy another MH doll AND a fashion pack. Also, a lot of people have been find them, so maybe you will too. And if you can't find them, maybe someone on here could buy one for you. Most of the time, they only charge retail+shipping, and maybe a little extra.

But then again, I'm cheap when it comes to this kinda stuff XP

I agree with everything here. Venus and Robecca are just being shipped to stores now, officially they shouldn't have super wide distribution until August. I'm sure you will find them locally, or as Jiggles said.. someone on here will probably be more than willing to help you out at cost or a little bit over (but certainly not $70 for both of them).

Offline Cwk123

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »
Yeah...probably too high :-( but I NEVER see any new dolls in any stores I'm in...that's the problem. Thanks for input!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
Are you in the US? Or Canada/UK/Australia/a country that usually gets the basic/signature cases? If you are, like Jiggles and Icicle have said, they should both be widely available eventually. They are both going to be in the assortment after the current one as well, so you really should be able to find them in stores for retail over the next few months.  :)

Of course whether it's worth it to wait or not depends on what your retail price is... In Canada it is usually $30, so $35 each isn't too bad, but you do need to consider shipping too. If you're going to spend a lot of time/gas hunting for them otherwise, then perhaps it is a good deal to spend a little extra now to save later, and save your peace of mind as well ^.^

Ultimately how much you feel they're worth is very personal, but I personally wouldn't pay $70+shipping for them.  :)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »
Disreguard that, didn't read completely
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 07:30:27 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Cwk123

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
Those are eBay prices. And $70 includes the shipping. I just posted in the sales and trades forum...maybe someone can help me get them! I am in the US

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 07:33:06 PM »
*head desk* Sorry about my last post. I thought you said you were selling them for that high. =_=;

Since you're in the US, I'd have to say it's best to get them in store and avoid eBay at all cost for buying MH dolls.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Cwk123

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »
Luvly...I figured u misread my post...no worries  :biggrin:

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 06:17:44 AM »
Is the $70 for both of them? OR each one is $70? If it's for both together, I'd say go for it. I paid $30 each for the GR at TRU.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »
Depends on where you live in the world and how impatient you are.  :)  If MH dolls retail at less than $30 in stores near you, I'd just rabidly stalk them and wait for the shipment.  If dolls are $35 or more, then it might be a better deal just to GET THEM. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 10:19:07 AM »
Where are you in the US? If you have a Love's truck stop, check it. I and another member have found them there, untouched by scalpers!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 10:25:56 AM »
Depends on where you live in the world and how impatient you are.  :)  If MH dolls retail at less than $30 in stores near you, I'd just rabidly stalk them and wait for the shipment.  If dolls are $35 or more, then it might be a better deal just to GET THEM. 

I've found all my signature dolls (except for Clawdeen, I got her from here) in-store and I paid retail for them, so I say do like Squirmy says, keep stalking the stores and see if they'll pop up.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal