collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rarity's Carousel Boutique  (Read 9121 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Rarity's Carousel Boutique
« on: March 07, 2012, 12:28:42 AM »
I'm starting to regret not wanting this set earlier. At first I didn't want to get it because of the price but after seeing Sweetie Swirl I've fallen for her. Now I want to get the set and now that I have the money to get it, the set is nowhere to be found.
*Sigh*visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I remember seeing the item on a few websites like TRU not too long ago but now it's gone. Not even being sold on ebay, like its been removed from existence. And on Amazon its going for $70-$80ish. Has anyone seen Rarity's Carousel Boutique (new) recently during any of their pony huts? If its been spotted there still might be some hope that they're still in stores.

Is this set one of the sets that's currently most sought after?

Well, enough of my little rant, to the main topic!

Did you get this set? Do you enjoy playing with it? or did you only get it for the purpose of getting Sweetie Swirl??
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Rarity's Carousel Boutique
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:37:02 AM »
I was wondring the same thing...;__; they sold out they day I went to get one.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:40:04 AM »
I got this set for Christmas! ^_^ I love it a lot, I heard there was even a re-release with a different-colored carriage as a bonus! :O I wanna get my hands on one of those, but I have never seen them around here.

I haven't seen any of the Carousel Boutique sets here for awhile, to be honest, but I'll keep an eye out for you!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 12:41:20 AM »
I've never seen it. And I want it too! I'll be on the look out for it. :ninja:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:41:28 AM »
I bought the set from Target back in December just to get Sweetie Swirl. I don't have room for the carousel itself, so it's just sitting on the floor near my desk until I can (hopefully) find someone that wants it. I've had it up for trade for quite awhile, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get rid of it.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:00:20 AM »
I still see them from time to time over here, usually at the smaller Toys R Us stores.

Hmmm... Tried checking Hasbro's toy store or the other collector-oriented stores like BBTS or Entertainment Earth?

I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 01:11:48 AM »
Hey, thanks for the replies everyone!

So for now I'm charting stores I can reach out to that do or most likely would carry MLP toys and try to search all over to find the set. Like a "Around the County in 80 Hours" (Not really around the county, but I'll try searching far and wide as I can.)

If no luck by the end of the week, maybe I'll start a Wanted thread.

@Snapdragon: I think the one with the different colored carriage is an International Exclusive. I'd love to get that carriage though. Everything's all Tarty/Tangy color themed. lol

@RAMChYLD: I checked the Hasbro store and they didn't have it there TT,TT; I usually try to avoid shopping online, once I can't find what I'm looking for in store, I'll go online as a last resort.

lol I'll be honest, my first reason to wanting the set was Sweetie Swirl, but now I wouldn't mind having the Carousel too.  :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 01:15:46 AM »
I am not collecting the G4 playsets or anything other than the ponies themselves but I admit that this set is really cute and very tempting.

Good luck in your search LuvlyMelody
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 02:48:12 AM »
Thanks Cat!  :hug: I hope I do come across this set on my voyage. I usually try not to get the sets too, only if there's a pony that's only accessible from getting those sets.

I also kinda regret not wanting Applejack's Sweet Apple Barn back then. Kinda want that hat and wagon. lol
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 05:02:09 AM »
They have those in pretty much every store in here, $70-80..  >_<
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 05:35:56 AM »
I LOVE my carousel play set! Sweetie Swirl is a gorgeous pony, and the carousel is the heart of my pony display <3 They're are on sale at a local grocer right now for about... $24.99 CAD I believe? I may have to double check, but if you can pay shipping from Canada, I'd be happy to pick one up for you, and I'll be sure to inspect them all for the best looking Sweetie Swirl :) just pm me if you're interested~ <3

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 05:43:11 AM »
There's a few sitting around in stores here, but they don't really get sold due to their price ($60 and doesn't come with the carriage!)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 05:43:37 AM »

I got it for Christmas. :D

I absolutely love it! I wanted it to use for display, but couldn't justify the price. Its a lovely display piece! Most of my G4s fit on it and all the places for the animals are adorable. I didn't even want Sweetie Swirl originally, but she's pretty cute. Mine has good head/body match too. I might sell her though. Anyone know what she's worth?

However my uncle overpaid big time. He got it on Amazon. XP No one told me how much he spent, but apparently my boyfriend and his mom knew and they expected me to get a TON of ponies. So I wasn't allowed to use my Christmas money to buy presents until uncle's gifts arrived. He probably paid $70 + I don't even want to know how much for shipping (it came in a box 3-4x its size, and the box was like almost empty aside from it so I'm lucky it didn't get damaged). >.<

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 06:05:27 AM »
Well, they have a few in my local toy store, they even have discount prices because no one buys them (for the especially interested: The price fell from 700 crowns to 400. No, I don't know what it is in other currencies :P ). I don't have the space, so I won't buy one. They've been there for quite some time now.
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline TheGreatSpid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 06:27:08 AM »
When the set first came out, I so wanted sweetie swirl, but I couldnt justify to myself paying all that money for just one pony (since I had no interest in the Boutique) so I passed on getting it. But, when the stores were having their after Christmas sale, I saw the Boutique marked down quite a bit, so I snatched it up. Best decision ever! Not only do I love Sweetie Swirl, but man that Boutique is aweome. I dont like playsets at all, but this one is just made of pure awesome.
I havent seen any in stores since early January, I hope you can find one! (at a reasonable price!!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal