collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Warriors Of Virtue?  (Read 1647 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Warriors Of Virtue?
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:03:00 AM »
Today in my local Poundland and 99Pence store I found some action figures in the toy section. Now sometimes they get proper branded toys from time to time ie. they tend to have a lot of 'Golden Compass' toys.
I found a bunch of action figures that had anthro type creatures, they looked interesting so I took a closer look and they're apparently from something called 'Warriors of Virtue' from 1997. I've done some looking around and found it's apparently from some sort of film.

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of it? I was thinking of picking some of the figures up mainly because I thought they look kind of cool. But at the same time, I don't know wether it would be a good idea for me to debox them either just in case.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
Re: Warriors Of Virtue?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:10:17 AM »
I've actually seen the film many years ago.  I'm wanting to see it again really because I can't remember if it was good or not :D  It was about a kid going through to a different world where there are martial art Kangaroos representing various Japanese symbols that fight to overthrow the powerful Komodo.  I remember the Kangaroos are pretty cool in the first one, like men in anamatronic suits but the second film changed them to look funny :p  The fight scenes were a bit like flash photography as I remember.

I saw the figures in a discount store just yesterday and looked them up on ebay.  It seems like they're not very well wanted except for two characters, Elysia and Barbarocious both female.  Where you might be able to make £5.99-£7.99.  I'd say unless you find those two it wouldn't matter if you opened then :)

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:18:12 AM »
I've actually seen the film many years ago.  I'm wanting to see it again really because I can't remember if it was good or not :D  It was about a kid going through to a different world where there are martial art Kangaroos representing various Japanese symbols that fight to overthrow the powerful Komodo.  I remember the Kangaroos are pretty cool in the first one, like men in anamatronic suits but the second film changed them to look funny :p  The fight scenes were a bit like flash photography as I remember.

I saw the figures in a discount store just yesterday and looked them up on ebay.  It seems like they're not very well wanted except for two characters, Elysia and Barbarocious both female.  Where you might be able to make £5.99-£7.99.  I'd say unless you find those two it wouldn't matter if you opened then :)

Thank you.
No I don't think I noticed those two in the shop, so I may pick myself up one or two then. :D I may also see if I can find the film as well just to see what it's like.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 07:01:33 AM »
Never heard of it but it does sound interesting!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 07:05:27 AM »
Oh yeah, it's one of those kids' movies... kid discovers these magical kangaroo-like creatures while training in martial arts... they must unite to fight the bad guy... they win and everyone lives happily ever after.  Ok, well it's been about 10 years since I watched it, LOL!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »
I've seen the film multiple times over the years. It was one of my favorites as a kid. It's pretty good, so long as you remember when it was made and that it -is- a little bit silly, lol. It's awesome to hear that the toys are still floating around places; I've got an entire set of them from when I was a kid, lol.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »
If anyone is after any of them I may be able to pick some up. :D I'll have to takea closer look at who they had available though.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 08:15:01 PM »
OMG WARRIORS OF VIRTUE. Loved that movie as a kid, but I haven't seen it in years. It was so awesome ;.;

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal