Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Removing colour change coating?

(1/1)

Water_Fire:
I have a styling Star Catcher that's come down with that horrible affliction, where she's 'frozen' in this really patchy way thanks to her colour changing coating. I just saw one on Ponydex where the owner said she'd removed it. Has anyone else done this? I'd love to restore her to white if I could, she'd look so much better!

MacabreDarling:
It is possible but it takes a little' elbow grease' so to speak. I used pure 100% acetone to get it off. Takes quite a bit of work really, but she is pretty and white again :D

Water_Fire:
Ok cool! Would the acetone take off her markings though?

Brightglowpony:
I've wondered the same thing!  Mine is splotchy and pink too :(

hathorcat:
Yes its certainly removable with acetone but in some parts the coating is really really thick and it does take a lot of elbow grease. In other parts the coating is thin enough it can come off with a magic eraser!

I have heard that some people have had luck melting it off with a heat gun but I have never seen a before and after to show how successful that is.

Yes, the acetone will possibly remove symbols and eyelashes - you will need to work around these areas with a q-tip and being very careful.

You will possibly get some other tips over in the customs forum!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version