collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on a Microsoft Promo Voodoo Vince Plush Doll?  (Read 923 times)

Offline Star-Watcher

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Raven's Nest
PC on a Microsoft Promo Voodoo Vince Plush Doll?
« on: February 19, 2014, 03:15:39 AM »
Anyone have any idea what a reasonable expectation would be pricewise for one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/microsoft-collectible-voodoo-vince-promo-doll-/221362825652?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338a40a9b4

This isn't my listing. The one I found today is still sealed in its baggie. I am guessing that the $4500 this guy has been trying to get for his is on the way too high side. However, neither Google nor DuckDuckGo are turning up much useful information at all. The only thing of note was found on the Voodoo Vince Wiki...

Replica 1:1 scale Voodoo Vince dolls where presented to the production team of the game. The left overs had been sent out to many different countries on release of the game as prizes for competitions. 100 where made.

If it turns out that we found one of those 100, then could the $4500 that other seller was trying for actually be reasonable after all?

If this indeed turns out to be as rare as I am suspecting, then this could supplant my 45 cent Nobleheart Horse plush that I resold for $950 as my greatest thrift score ever.
-- Star-Watcher
This space unintentionally left blank.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: PC on a Microsoft Promo Voodoo Vince Plush Doll?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 10:33:32 AM »
Im not sure hun, but id be curious for ya in finding out <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 01:34:51 PM »
I have no earthly idea but I can give this a nudge up.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Star-Watcher

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Raven's Nest
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »
He is going to be listed tonight, in what I call a feeler auction.  That is, he will be listed in auction format, starting at $500.  However, I am going to put a steep reserve on him, and then a $3000 BIN on top of that (since auctions have to have a Buy It Now price to be picked up by Google Shopping).

If all goes well, as in eBay's cantseeme search engine does not suddenly make the listing invisible, then he will either meet the reserve by the time the listing ends, goes for his BIN, or at least provides a more accurate ballpark figure for relisting at fixed price (if the reserve doesn't get met, and serious collectors go after him).

This is one of the few good reasons to not only use a reserve price, but also use auction format instead of fixed price.

Unfortunately, I will have to restrict him to U.S. shipping only, due to eBay's requirement of online viewable signature confirmation for anything over $750 ($250 requirement for PayPal's version of the protection), and there are no known international shipping methods that meet this requirement.
-- Star-Watcher
This space unintentionally left blank.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 06:50:41 PM »
Good luck with your auction!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal