collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A pony you wanted for ages that didn't meet your expectations?  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
A pony you wanted for ages that didn't meet your expectations?
« on: September 07, 2012, 01:54:03 AM »
Have you ever wanted a pony so badly and then when you get him/her you were totally underwhelmed??

This happened to me with German Nightlight. I'd coveted her since I started collecting and then when I got her I just thought "sure you're pretty, but now you're here, you're not all that"

I've since changed my mind and I absolutely adore her :silly: but that's beside the point! Has this ever happened to you?

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A pony you wanted for ages that didn't meet your expectations?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:49:26 AM »
Yes, it happens to me all the time. I love them, HAVE to have them, then they get here, I enjoy them for a couple of days, then they go in their storage bin with all my other ones (until dh makes my display cases) and then I cruise eBay until I find my NEXT "must have". Not that I don't love each of my ponies, it's just that once you have them, the chase is over. Lol. No wonder they call it "evil-bay". You definitely get caught up in the rush of those auctions!

Offline FlitterRose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 05:52:19 AM »
Same here. :( I'm trying to be like ,,Yay,I have you,woohoo!'' but I just get bored with my new purchase after a couple of days  :blush:
Sup

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 07:29:21 AM »
I felt that way a little bit about my Frankie doll.  I wanted one because I didn't have any and she looks really cute.  But I couldn't justify buying one because I don't really watch the show or collect dolls.  The more time past the more I wanted one.  When I finally got her I was really excited.  Now she kind of sits on my shelf with my other trophy toys.  But if I didn't have her I'd still have that nagging desire to have her.  So I think it worked out in the end.  She is so cute.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 07:34:12 AM »
I wanted a Luna very badly. In December when I was in town visiting my family, my husband and I went to Target where I found Luna after wanting her for so long....and decided not to get her after all because she's purple instead of blue like she's supposed to be. Ended up going to Hot Topic and getting my Rainbow Dash shirt instead that day. =p
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »
I wanted a Luna very badly. In December when I was in town visiting my family, my husband and I went to Target where I found Luna after wanting her for so long....and decided not to get her after all because she's purple instead of blue like she's supposed to be. Ended up going to Hot Topic and getting my Rainbow Dash shirt instead that day. =p
Yea, I'm buying the MLPFiM clothing instead of the toys, personally.

I have some ponies in storage at my moms house... I was bound and determined this morning to go into the garage and find them.

Got to the garage, said Screw this! Turned right back around and went instead, got a brownie instead.
I really want G1 Glory, so I'm afraid that once I get her, I'll be like "Meh."

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:13:18 AM »
i  was at he mlp fair and i saw the my pretty ponys and i was like oohh..  there big. but couldnt afford them there.  then i was on ebay.. and i found  a lot of my pretty pony with box. it was a good  deal free hsipping  so i got it.  it gets here i pull it out  and was jsut liek meh.

but i put her on my shelf.. shes kinda growing on me. i put a little pink hat on her XD

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 08:17:24 AM »
I expect that expensive ponies, the rare ones, will somehow look and feel and smell completely different from the common ponies.  And then I get them and I think, "Wow!  You cost a hundred dollars but you aren't visibly any different."  It's like, I expect the expensive ponies to be without flaws or to have a glowing aura or a different feel or better factory paint or *something*...but they don't!  :)
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

singpony

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 08:18:54 AM »
This is known as "the thrill of the hunt". Once the pony 'trophy' reaches our hands, the desire dies off and we put it aside to begin the cycle all over again. This is the curse of collecting collectibles  :(

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 08:22:59 AM »
Rainbow Dash, my first G4... (Not other G4s) I was so disappointed with her eyes, only having one symbol and her body and head colours not matching :[

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 08:27:21 AM »
This is known as "the thrill of the hunt". Once the pony 'trophy' reaches our hands, the desire dies off and we put it aside to begin the cycle all over again. This is the curse of collecting collectibles  :(
I know what you mean, I desire to get a new pony every day because once I get one, after like 5 minutes I'm like "Okay, I waited months to get her...now who do I need?"
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 08:52:04 AM »
Alphabittle. Her pictures in the pamphlets make her look like a true yellow with bold rainbow hair, but when I got her she was a yucky muted yellow color.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 11:28:53 AM »
When I was maybe 7 or 8 I wanted Up UP & Away more than anything!  On the commercials it always looked like she had gorgeous creamy white hair, like a palomino, so that's what I thought she'd look like when I got her.  But alas she had pink hair, and I never loved her after that.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 11:40:49 AM »
Yes, I do it all the time and I think singpony hit it right on the head.

But I think my biggest disappointment was Baby Licorice.  I fell in love with her when I saw pictures and had to have her.  But when she arrived I was not quite as thrilled as I thought I would be.  Because I am not so sure I like her symbol.  She still resides with me but if I had to part with her it wouldn't break my heart.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 11:42:15 AM »
Argie Sugarberry...
But I think a part of it is because her auction photos were very misleading, and she was so disgusting and baity. I just wanted to throw up. I sent her back to Argentina-- with no desire to purchase another one. <<; She ended up coming back to me due to the seller not picking up the package and she is just shoved in a drawer and unloved.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal