collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 722
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: G3s still in Target?  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
G3s still in Target?
« on: September 06, 2012, 06:17:31 PM »
I was searching for Lyra on Target's website (no luckl) and I noticed that they still have the G3 Favorite Friends listed. Thinking it was just old stock yet to have its picture removed, I searched for store availability near me for the heck of it. Lo and behold... at least two stores in my area supposedly have them! I'm tempted to bring the product number to one of the stores and have an employee try to look them up, but I figured I'd ask if anyone here had tried it first.

So has anyone had luck finding G3s at Target recently? More importantly, why are they still in stock? If no one's found them, would anyone like to try to provide insight as to why they're still listed as available in some stores? Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:42:03 AM by hathorcat »
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

tiktok

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G3s still in Target?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 06:24:38 PM »
I've not seen a G3 in my local target in ages - I guess it's entirely possible that the stock wasn't recalled and there are a few sitting in a bin in the back somewhere though. I've never worked retail but I do buy a lot of vintage, and it seems to happen more than you'd think, old stock just sitting in the back somewhere.

Lyra is available on Hasbro's website, btw, they must have just gotten new stock in.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 06:36:30 PM »
^ Thanks for the reply! I, too, haven't seen one on the shelves in years, that's why the site struck me as being so odd! Just think of the boxes of G3s that might be sitting in the back somewhere...

I did see her up on HTS, but it seems that she's up for Pre-Order right now :/ I was checking other places to see if I could get her sooner.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

tiktok

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »
I've resigned myself to the pre-order because the prices are so ridiculous everywhere else.  :(

But yeah, in vintage clothing land you occasionally see "deadstock" items, stuff that never made it out of the store. Who knows, a boatload of G3/G3.5 stuff could eventually turn up as deadstock, MIB and just sitting in a warehouse for heaven knows how long. There are probably still deadstock G1 and G2 ponies lying around somewhere unless Hasbro was completely obsessive about recalling and destroying unsold stock.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 07:06:48 PM »
I also haven't seen a g3 at Target in years but I wouldn't be completely surprised if tiktok is correct and there's till one laying around as "dead stock," every so often that happens with items at Target and then they randomly appear in the clearance aisle (I once found a Ducktales Water paint book that way less than 10 years ago.)

That said, usually those items have their Zsku # deleted from the registers, don't they. . .?
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »
More then likely the counts are off and there is nothing there. 

You will see them from time to time in discount chains as they get old stock from places.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 08:44:42 PM »
My craziet dream is to walk into a menards and they have a box full of Caribbean delight and beach belle sets....sigh
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 09:55:11 AM »
I never see G3s anymore. Of course, I used to go into Rite Aids and try to scoop them up but now I have stopped. So I suppose it's possible. But in a store like Target I'm going to say it's not possible. They are pretty quick with their stock and are always switch it around.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 10:18:32 AM »
I don't remember that Target has ever put any of the 'Playful pony' singles on their site so I'm not sure you'll find Lyra on the site ever (even though she has been spotted in stores. I got mine from a Target about a month ago).
I have noticed the G3 stuff still listed on their site though. I've never seen G3s in their stores near me. I have seen G3.5s at Kmart though....

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 10:44:53 AM »
Most of the drugstores near me have G3's still.  My target still has a row of G3.5's too, lol

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »
Most of the drugstores near me have G3's still.  My target still has a row of G3.5's too, lol

The CVS near me had some G 3.5's, Scootaloo I remember for sure. But that was a while ago before I stopped using them, and that's the last place I've seen anything but G4's new for sale.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 11:52:58 AM »
I've found G3s in a mom and pop pharmacy store the other day. It was Chocolate Chipper. :) I've also seen G3.5s in various little stores like that, too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »
Not G3s for a couple of years now but 3.5 I spot them all over the place! Some of them are still in stock in surprising quantity in some places. 3.5 mermaids are actually breeding I think in my local TK Maxx :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

upupaway

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
But yeah, in vintage clothing land you occasionally see "deadstock" items, stuff that never made it out of the store. Who knows, a boatload of G3/G3.5 stuff could eventually turn up as deadstock, MIB and just sitting in a warehouse for heaven knows how long. There are probably still deadstock G1 and G2 ponies lying around somewhere unless Hasbro was completely obsessive about recalling and destroying unsold stock.

I think my heart just stopped when I read this.  G1 ponies just lying around or, worse, DESTROYED?!?!?!  NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  :shocked:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal