collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies and your wallet  (Read 1729 times)

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
Ponies and your wallet
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:03:52 PM »
Okay I've seen this topic before in the past, but I think it's pretty relevant now with all the drama with the exclusive pony and the collector sets and prices of fashion style ponies.

To preface, I finally bit the bullet and got a Ditzy off of eBay. Spent WAY more than necessary, but managed to stay under $90 (with shipping as well). But then I realized, she is now the pony I've spend the most money on besides customs. I spent less on Mimic AND Crumpet! So I guess, if you're willing to share, what is the most you've spent on a pony and/or where do you draw the line for money spent on a single pony?

I probably wouldn't have bought Ditzy if I hadn't stood in line to get her before, but because she just escaped my grip I HAD to have her XD Honestly though I don't think I'd really want to spend over $100 on a single pony.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies and your wallet
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:17:14 PM »
I spent 40 on Wingless Dash but I love her!! I haven't regretted it either. She won't leave my house anytime soon.

As for how much you spent on your Ditzy Doo as long as you are happy and you don't put your self in financial strain. More power to you.

Wingless Dash just cause I like showing her off.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »
I spent the most on Mimic, at about $85 with shipping-- she was my birthday present to myself this year, which means I can act like Gollum about her.

After that, it's my dear :muffin: Pony... I think with shipping she was $78 or thereabouts. It drops off significantly there; I think after that it's 7 Tales Clover but I can't remember how much she was.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline KtKat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »
I don't think I'll ever spend more than $40 (incl shipping) on a single pony.  The whole reason I got into collecting ponies was because of how durn cheap they are.  I feel real guilty if I spend more than $20 on any one of em! 

I used to collect LEGOs, but it got too expensive to be buying delicate sets that just sat around and looked pretty and needed dusting constantly.   They seem complicated to resell, too.  With ponies, they are a relatively painless 5-15 bucks a pop, and if for whatever reason I get tired of them, or need my money back, I know I can find folks here that can give them new homes.  :lovey:

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 08:30:57 PM »
I've spent the most on MIB Euro exclusives Daisy Dreams and Rainbow Flash.  They were cut separate from Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash and I got them for about $55 altogether.  Next would be :muffin: Pony at about $46.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 08:31:36 PM »
$70 for beache belle and Caribbean delight together.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »
This is a difficult one because of the fact that there are different categories with pricing IMO -
With loose ponies anywhere from 12 - 100 or more (for things like dream beauties) depending on rarity and condition. My most expensive MOC was probably 300ish before shipping. With some Nirvanas though I have dropped 3-4k + .... (Grail) ^^;

I ended up paying quite a bit for some of the bigger playsets like PE, but that was mostly because shipping to Australia is horrible.

The line moves depending on how rare / minty the pony I am after is. Since I buy most of my ponies on ebay I assume 15 bucks approx for common ponies then about that again for shipping. If I lived in the states though I wouldnt pay so much for ponies thats for sure! The shipping is a killer.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
I'm not really sure what my upper limit is yet. It just kinda depends on what it's "worth" to me I guess.
The most I've spent on a pony so far was my 2012 exclusive "gray pegasus" as well.
She was $55 shipped and I feel like I got a good deal and was honestly prepared to have to spend more.
I can't bring myself to spend like $15 on a blind bag though so yeah it just depends.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 08:43:01 PM »
The most I've spent on a pony was. . .$25 or $35? When I bought a mint in bag G1 November Chrysanthemum. My max for a single pony is $50, and there are very few ponies I'd be willing to spend that much on. I've got more expensive collections that do more than "sit and look pretty" the way ponies do (i.e. poseable jointed dolls), so I have trouble justifying very expensive ponies when their price could buy me a doll or nice doll outfit/accessory or whatever. I also prefer ponies that aren't in mint condition, like I prefer certain G1 poses to be tailless for example.

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 09:00:31 PM »
I think I spent $12 on a Glittery Pinkie Pie. I don't really enjoy overpaying for ponies (especially since I found another one when I was at Walgreens about a week later for $3  :pullhair:).

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »
The most I spent was $26 for a SS Crumpet.  I love her dearly and she won't be leaving my collection any time soon.  :)

The most I'm *willing* to spend is probably $50 and then the pony would have to be pretty special and high on my want list.

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Binny

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 09:15:14 PM »
I don't think I've spent more than 20-30ish so far for some g4 sets. The Nightmare Moon set (if it ever comes to stores) would probably be close to as much as I could in good conscience spend at a time. If I were VERY rich and could buy online, though, I'd totally get the Takaras. :B

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 09:21:17 PM »
i think.. the most i spent was  on my :muffin: Pony at the fair..  of 20.00  on a single pony.   i cant remmeber spending more on a single one.. lol

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
$70 for beache belle and Caribbean delight together.

Sounds like a good deal! ;)

The most I've spent on a pony. Mountain Boy. Ice Crystal. Never mind how much. Close to 3 digits. But he's worth it. He is just awesome! :D

edit for grammar. >_<
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 09:50:50 PM »
I pre ordered the collector's set for $40, but the most I've spent on a single pony is $28 for Munchy :) I could never bring myself to pay so much for Mimic so my family bought her for me ^.^

Reanna - I'm like that too about Mimic! :lol: My PRRECCCCIOUS!
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal