collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UPDATE: My dream came true! - I made the team!  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
UPDATE: My dream came true! - I made the team!
« on: November 18, 2012, 06:23:44 AM »
UPDATE: Hey everyone! I just wanted to share with you that this weekend I made the team and played my first game! :D I was so amazed when they asked me to come with them to play an away game against the team from the north. At first I didn't believe that I would get to go on ice, I thought I would stay on the bench (which would have still been amazing), but I did play! and it went fairly well :D We did lose but I feel that I didn't mess up, and the girls from my team were really supportive :D

I'm so happy with how things are going, I'm progressing at a pretty fast rate, and the team is just amazing! Everyone is so nice and helpful and they have really accepted me. not to mention that hockey is the most fun game to play, ever! I'm enjoying every bit of it :D

Thanks for reading, if any of you were here, I'd take you out for a drink to share some of the positive energy :hug:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Original post:

Today is a very important day for me because one of my life-long dreams just came true quite suddenly! Mostly thanks to my most wonderful husband :lovey:

I have always wanted to play Ice Hockey however, in Serbia, where I'm from, girls couldn't play hockey ( :S ) so I had to do with figure skating and speed skating. However, here in Iceland they have female ice hockey teams but I thought I was too old and out of shape to even think about it. Well yesterday I wrote to the coach of one of the teams, and today I had my very first hockey practice!!!

apparently, female hockey is quite new in Iceland and they need anyone they can get, and with my skating background, the coach thinks I might eventually become the part of the actual team and compete!!! NOT IN MY WILDEST DREAMS did I ever think this would happen to me EVER. I am just so excited and thankful that I can't even express it! This country is amazing! It has enabled me to do anything I ever wanted even if I could never have dreamed about it elsewhere.

So, now I've been given a chance and it's all up to me, so I have to try my best. I just can't believe it, I love Iceland, I love my husband (who got me the information and got me inspired to contact that coach) and I love that coach for giving me this chance).

Has anyone here had their dream come true recently? Please share :) sometimes I feel guilty that my life has been going so well when my friends back home are struggling with everything so I feel bad gloating and sharing all these things with them, but I hope there are people here with great experiences as well that they can share ^^
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 01:43:49 PM by Vintergatan »
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: My dream came true!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:35:39 AM »
Amazing!  I'm so happy for you.  :hug:

I'll let you know when it happens for me ...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 06:41:54 AM »
:hifive: Woo hoo!
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 06:43:45 AM »
That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to fulfill your dream! Good luck making the team!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »
Aww, thats awesome hun, congrats :D

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 11:43:16 AM »
Congratulations! That's so wonderful. Good luck in your training and making the team.

I've had a similar dream come true happen recently. Every since I was a bitty girl horses have been my dream and passion and pretty much all I want to do with my life. I used to take lessons and owned a horse and was working as best I could to make this dream come true. But all kinds of things happened (college, depression and anxiety, broke as heck, etc...) and I got far away from it and tried to convince myself it didn't really matter.

After I lost my job a couple of years ago, I finally had time to volunteer at a local therapeutic riding center, which I've wanted to do for a long time. Through that I've had the opportunity to work with horses for free and a safe environment surrounded by awesome people to re-develop my confidence. I also (thanks to the center) found a place to take riding lessons again after 15 years not riding. It's been a wonderful experience and I'm so grateful.

And if all that wasn't enough, the really miraculous dream come true part has just come about recently. The farm has established a committee (that sounds so formal, it's just a group of folks, lol) to do the training for the therapy horses. This involves training us in natural horsemanship and other continuing education stuff for the people that we then get to use to train the horses. Lots of horse time and riding!! Now my biggest challenge will be not letting my low confidence and anxiety get the better of me. I've been practicing thinking about it as excitement when I start to feel anxious about it, and that's helped. And we had our first practice Friday, so that also helped me feel more comfortable.

Here's to dreams coming true! Don't give up, it's never too late for a dream to come true as long as you still believe it's possible.

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
Congrats! That's so awesome. My cousin plays hockey and she loves it.  You shouldn't feel guilty about sharing your news. It's inspiring.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »
Congrats!

My dream hasn't happened yet, but I'm still young and I have faith that my time will come when I am ready.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »
Yay! :cheer: Congrats!

When I was in school I wanted to play hockey. Field hockey, since I never learned how to skate (bad balance :S ). But we didn't have a team and no one seemed to be interested besides me. Now it's an Olympic sport! lol They should have let me start a team :P

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 03:04:27 PM »
That is amazing news!!!  I'm so happy for you.  :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »
Thank you everyone :):) I just hope my story has maybe inspired some of you to never give up or think it's too late. good things happen to those who wait, right :)

LeighAnn, that is a great story, I'm so happy for you! How wonderful it must be to spend all that time with horses :)

BlackCurtains, that's a bummer. I think it's only recently that more "obscure" sports started getting noticed but I guess we missed that train :P
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 03:51:50 PM »
That is awesome to hear!!!  :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »
Congrats on having a dream come true! This is a wonderful story, thank you for sharing!
Can't say any dream has come true for me yet. My biggest one is to have a horse. One day. A smaller one would be to have a litter of baby rats and keep them all.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 01:25:35 AM »
yay, I'm so happy for you! such nice news...  :happy:
good luck with the team! :cheer:

I also have to join the line of those who didn't yet have their dreams come true, but I'm not going to give up on mine either, I know it has to happen someday ^^

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 01:30:00 AM »
Whoa ! That is awesome ! :D Congrats !!

Well... I live my dream everyday, I think. I have a lovely boyfriend who supports me on everything I need - and don't need ! - and... living with him has been all I've ever wanted, so yes... I believe I am living the dream already.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal