Pony Talk > Pony Corral

I'm worried about sunlight sunfading ponies in my room :(

(1/4) > >>

Whoa1234:
So, being born last has its perks, but when it came time to choose new rooms I got the short stick. :/
I'm majorly worried about the amount of sunlight my room receives daily. My ponies are the most important thing to me, and the last thing I want to see is them discolored over time.
I've got a HUGE window that allows sunlight to hit literally every inch of my room 24/7 during the day! *cries*
What can I do to prevent future damage?
Has this happened to anyone's ponies?
I've even considered boarding up my window!
Would darker curtains help?
Added photos of all the places I am concerned for!
Any and all advice would be loved!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Cadence:
What a lovely collection of ponies you have there! :D

Yes, I think darker curtains would help. I myself am light sensitive so at home I have like papery blinds (they're one-use stickons, and pretty cheap - probably like $10 at Walmart or your local home improvement store) -- AND thick drapy curtains over them. ^^"

(Also, as a side note: I rent a student rez at the moment, so I can't even install curtains in my room.  >_< So what I did was create a temporary sunshield with tinfoil to cover the window... it actually worked!)

But for you, I would definitely suggest getting thicker curtains, or finding something - like a giant piece of card/bristol board? to act as a shield for some areas for the long term. :)

And temporarily, you could always cover some of the playsets with a blanket!

All the best!!  ^.^

Whoa1234:
Thank you. :3
I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy curtains or go to the fabric store and buy the heaviest stuff they have.

In case anyone wanted to see how sunny it gets here-

I set this on the windowsill a few weeks ago while I was cleaning and forgot about it.

Google image of the color it should be-

partypony566:
I agree with the thick curtains idea! :ohyeah:

Oneleo1:
Thick curtains would help :) I would also keep the ponies away from the window, in the darkest corner of the room. For me, it's the wall with the window.

I am somewhat lucky though, my pony room faces north, so I don't get a ton of sunlight in there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version