collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Good Dinosaur "shouldn't be watched by anyone under the age of 15"  (Read 13444 times)

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Dinosaur "shouldn't be watched by anyone under the age of 15"
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2015, 06:08:17 PM »
Judging from the trailer, I probably won't be seeing this movie because it honestly doesn't seem very good...

You are seriously missing out on an excellent film. All Pixar movies are worth watching(yeah, that includes Cars 2) and to miss one is a shame.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Dinosaur \"shouldn\'t be watched by anyone under the age of 15\"
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2015, 10:05:23 PM »
I got a flashback. Anyone else seen Silverfang? It's an anime about wild dogs. It's really violent, bloody and full of death. Back in the 80's it was in the kids section at the videorental and I watched it when I was 4. Akakabuto (a huge killer bear) scared me a lot, but today it's one of my fondest memories because of the context of how and with who I saw it. There were no parents in the room, but when my brother told me he would kill Akakabuto if he came near me in my room it made me feel safe. No nightmares.

Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin??? You guys got that in Europe????? Oh my god. I found that series on youtube as a teenager after watching the sequel series Ginga Densetsu Weed (Silver Fang Legend Weed). Yeah that was a pretty crazy series, not absolutely terrifying. The sequel series was probably worse. I'm just shocked that you found it in a video store at all lol.

Ive seen this too! I like it a lot actually! We also called it Silver Fang here! =)

When I lived in Minnesota I went through this huge wolf phase.... I watched anything I could with wolves or foxes in it! <3 I watched the whole Wolf's Rain series when I was EIGHT! Not scary despite rotting bodies with flies, blood, gore, and graphic battle scenes. In fact so many scenes that made me hungry if anything, though I was sad when Blue always go hurt but she always got back up... until the last episode when everyone got slaughtered xD

I'm an adult and Wolf's Rain had me bawling like a baby at the end. Amazing series.

Post Merge: December 15, 2015, 10:05:48 PM

Judging from the trailer, I probably won't be seeing this movie because it honestly doesn't seem very good...

You are seriously missing out on an excellent film. All Pixar movies are worth watching(yeah, that includes Cars 2) and to miss one is a shame.

No not really, even Pixar has its stinkers.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2015, 12:06:28 AM »
I have to agree. I'm not impressed with Finding Nemo, The Incredibles or any of the sentient vehicle movies. Other than those though, I love Pixar`s movies.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2015, 07:29:08 PM »
I took my niece.  She's 11.  She did cry and hide her head at some points.  But when it was over, she immediately said, "That was a good movie!".   So cute.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2015, 09:47:18 PM »

No not really, even Pixar has its stinkers.
[/quote]

There are Pixar movies that are bad by Pixar standards, but when compared to the drivel that the rest of Hollywood produces even those not so good ones are superior. Take Cars 2 for example, I would watch it a million times over before watching Madagascar again or even any of the Shrek sequels because it tells a better story than either of those movies.

And honestly, Cars 2 was the only "bad" movie Pixar has produced, so...I'll take it.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2015, 10:08:28 PM »
I love some Pixar movies and find others just "okay", but I've never seen one that was actually bad.  And most of them are really creative.  When I was watching the previews last week there were lots of animated films being advertised, but they were all very . . . cookie-cutter.  They were soulless, you could tell they'd been "demographic researched" to death.

And NONE OF THE KIDS LAUGHED during them.  Dead silence during all of them, including the "Alvin & the Chipmunks" preview, which lasted an eternity.  The only one that got any laughs was the rabbit/fox buddy-cop movie from Disney (not Pixar, and it still looks predictable, but the jokes with the sloths were funny.  I do want to see that one.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2015, 12:00:44 PM »
Is that the zootopia one?  At least I think that's what it's called.  I saw previews and it looked cute.

I actually liked Shrek 2 because I loved the Fairy Godmother and Prince Charming characters.  I thought they were hilarious!  As far as Pixar, the only one I haven't seen is Planes.  I do like most of the Pixar movies - for the most part I do like that their stories are well-written, even if they do have a more organic process to their scripts.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2015, 12:22:04 PM »
A bit OT, but I enjoy seeing all the Don Bluth love. He's my mom's first cousin. :)

Are you serious? How cool!

Yes.  :)  His dad and my mom's mother are siblings.  I've met him a few times at family reunions and funerals.  Before he had his own animation studio, he did work for Disney, and he also has a brother (who goes by Toby) who was also an illustrator and animator.  But sadly Toby passed away a few years ago.

Sorry to hear about Toby. :(

As a GIANT Don Bluth fan myself, it's so cool to learn one of his relatives is here on the Arena! :D

For other Don Bluth fans, did you know he's running an IndieGoGo campaign right now to make a new traditionally animated movie? :D Help support him if you'd like!!!

Edit: Whoops, can't directly link there from the Arena. I'll take the link out. Well type 'IndieGogo Don Bluth' into Google and find out how close his project is to being funded! :D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:23:55 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2015, 09:24:05 PM »
Is that the zootopia one?  At least I think that's what it's called.  I saw previews and it looked cute.

I actually liked Shrek 2 because I loved the Fairy Godmother and Prince Charming characters.  I thought they were hilarious!  As far as Pixar, the only one I haven't seen is Planes.  I do like most of the Pixar movies - for the most part I do like that their stories are well-written, even if they do have a more organic process to their scripts.

Planes is by Disney, not Pixar.  ^.^ I can understand the mix-up because the character style they used was similar to the one used in Cars.

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2015, 12:50:53 AM »

I'm normally a big Disney/Pixar fan, owning most of them on DVD and I've so far never disliked one of their movies but this one gave me a "WTF" reaction when seeing the trailer.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2015, 12:23:21 AM »
I've seen a couple Good Dinosaur trailers and they were all boring as anything. Stick with Legend of the Neverbeast and its nearly all-female, multiracial cast, thanks.

I didn't care much for Brave either. Relied too hard on physical comedy.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2015, 09:38:18 AM »
Pixar movies are kind of hit or miss for me. There are some that I love and others that I didn't like at all. I really enjoy Cars, Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3 and Inside Out.

I didn't like A Bugs Life, The Incredibiles or Cars 2 and I've never been able to finish Ratatouille. I'll probably skip The Good Dinosaur.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2015, 05:26:20 PM »
I saw The Good Dinosaur over Thanksgiving weekend.  Wasn't quite what I was expecting, based on the commercials/trailers.  Very sweet film, though not my favorite Pixar film by a long shot.  I always like Pixar (except Cars 2; just didn't like that one) but one of the few I don't need to own on DVD.  Still worth seeing, though, IMHO.

As for the complaints.  Nope, not as scary as The Lion King or Brave Little Toaster or Land Before Time.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2015, 06:12:53 PM »
I saw the movie and was baffled by it until I watched the trailer again just now... I didn't realise it was set in a non-prehistoric time with dinosaurs as the dominant species! I thought it was just typical talking dinosaur silliness for the kids, makes more sense now I know. To be honest though I would have preferred a prehistoric movie, the opening scenes of the trailer were beautiful and farming dinosaurs just really annoy me for some reason... They didn't do much to create the world either, it was a bit too empty and unbelievable. It had its moments though, made me teary here and there.

I do believe that all Pixar movies are worth watching if you like animated movies, doesn't mean everybody will like them but they're all worth giving a chance.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2015, 07:39:32 PM »
Parents are funny btw.. this summer I came into an argument with a father who got angry when his five year old daughter would not be let in to Jurassic World (rated 11 here). I was the mean old (!!!!?) lady who destroyed her summer with not letting her see the dinosaurmovie.. and then there are parents who think an animated kids movie like this should be rated 15. Some times parents do make sense.. but not in cases like these.

Wait in your country they can't even see the movie with their parents? Wow that's pretty strict since the only movies kids can't get into with their parents here are X rated movies that have actual hardcore sexual content.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal