collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Complete - THANK YOU EVERYONE!  (Read 54111 times)

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Lets Get Shopping!
« Reply #360 on: July 21, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »
Would any of your be offended by animal parts?  Either in food, or in crafts?  Like leather/fur/feathers, or bone, or the like?  Not offended by leather, fur or feathers.  Bone might be a little weird though ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 21, 2012, 06:04:11 PM »

Do you like jewelry/do you have pierced ears: I looooove jewelry! Yes, I have pierced ears :) Not big on pearls, opal, turquoise, things that don't sparkle *hates that her birthstone is pearl* But anything that shines and sparkles, I loooove!

mine is the pearl too, so I stick with the alternate birthstone, alexandrite.  much prettier, imo!

Oh, yes! Alexandrite is much better IMO too!!!! People seem to think it is outdated though and I'm seeing more and more pearl and less alexandrite!
My Wish List

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 21, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »
sooooo many questions....-stares at- O_O
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #363 on: July 21, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »
:shines bright light in hatter's face:  TALK!  you WILL answer!  D<

XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline silverskimmer

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 21, 2012, 06:57:07 PM »
Edited my questions to add new ones. I put it on there, but I thought I should post it here too. The problem with things with animal parts is that they can sometimes be stopped by countries boarders. So I'd watch out for that

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list
Looking for any and all wingers! Especially baity ones in need of love!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2012, 07:10:19 PM »
:shines bright light in hatter's face:  TALK!  you WILL answer!  D<

XD
-flops over- sorry officer I seem unable. >(
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 21, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »
Oh, yes! Alexandrite is much better IMO too!!!! People seem to think it is outdated though and I'm seeing more and more pearl and less alexandrite!

Alexandrite is actually quite rare.  Until they started creating it synthetically, you could not find it at most jewelery stores.  If you wanted an alexandrite piece you would need to find a jeweler who specializes in gemstones.  Not your mall shops.  For this reason most people are not aware it exists and wouldn't know what it looks like. 

Interesting tidbit:  Alexandrite has color change abilities under different lighting and can go from purple-reds to watermelon-greens if you bring it under fluorescent vs natural light.  It is one of my favorite stones.

Anyway, it is not that alexandrite is outdated.  It is more of a supply and demand issue.  The supply is very little, it has had little to no advertising and so the demand is also low, so they don't produce very much of the synthetic stuff for the main stream stores and the natural stuff is very rare to come by so specialty stores only have a little bit of it, if any at all, and it is very expensive. 

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 21, 2012, 07:22:57 PM »
Excellent point, skimmer, thanks for bringing it up!

:glares at hatter:  Lucky for you, you're being released on a technicality.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 21, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »

Alexandrite is actually quite rare.  Until they started creating it synthetically, you could not find it at most jewelery stores.  If you wanted an alexandrite piece you would need to find a jeweler who specializes in gemstones.  Not your mall shops.  For this reason most people are not aware it exists and wouldn't know what it looks like. 

Interesting tidbit:  Alexandrite has color change abilities under different lighting and can go from purple-reds to watermelon-greens if you bring it under fluorescent vs natural light.  It is one of my favorite stones.

Anyway, it is not that alexandrite is outdated.  It is more of a supply and demand issue.  The supply is very little, it has had little to no advertising and so the demand is also low, so they don't produce very much of the synthetic stuff for the main stream stores and the natural stuff is very rare to come by so specialty stores only have a little bit of it, if any at all, and it is very expensive. 

Ooh, that's interesting :) I don't think I've ever seen real alexandrite then, just the synthetic stuff! *googles it* Wow, it's gorgeous!! :dribble: I've only seen it as a light purple stone, I've been missing out! :shocked: I'm sure it would have loads of fans if it was more advertised, it's so pretty! I think I'll check it out next time I'm in a jewelry shop :) I know tanzanite is quite rare (I believe you can only get it in the moutains of Kilimanjaro) and it's actually more rare than diamonds, but diamonds get way more advertising. But tanzanite is growing in popularity and is quite expensive! Perhaps we'll see a rise in popularity for alexandrite and see more pieces. And I'm saying this like I can afford it, LOL :P

*is getting very off topic* :throw:
My Wish List

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #369 on: July 21, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »
Would any of your be offended by animal parts?  Either in food, or in crafts?  Like leather/fur/feathers, or bone, or the like?
i wouldnt mind ive always wanted a small collection of animal skulls but im not into fur i only like it if it died naturally

No, please. >.<

Ooh, I've got some ideas for my package, though! I'm determined to make it bursting at the seams with awesomeness!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 21, 2012, 08:08:13 PM »
Ooh, that's interesting :) I don't think I've ever seen real alexandrite then, just the synthetic stuff! *googles it* Wow, it's gorgeous!! :dribble: I've only seen it as a light purple stone, I've been missing out! :shocked: I'm sure it would have loads of fans if it was more advertised, it's so pretty! I think I'll check it out next time I'm in a jewelry shop :) I know tanzanite is quite rare (I believe you can only get it in the moutains of Kilimanjaro) and it's actually more rare than diamonds, but diamonds get way more advertising. But tanzanite is growing in popularity and is quite expensive! Perhaps we'll see a rise in popularity for alexandrite and see more pieces. And I'm saying this like I can afford it, LOL :P

*is getting very off topic* :throw:

I'd love to see more alexandrite at lower prices.  We wanted to use it for my engagement ring but my husband couldn't find it for a reasonable price. 

And to make this more on topic (sorry everyone!), now I want to know: What are everyone's favorite color to wear.

Mine are rusty oranges, browns, plums, pinks, golden yellow, and lavender.

Are there any colors you dislike wearing?

Mine:  Navy blue, bright red, forest green.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 21, 2012, 08:19:59 PM »
Well I wear a lot of neon colors. lol 

HATE PINK ARGH  Not that fond of black either.

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 21, 2012, 08:30:59 PM »
What are everyone's favorite color to wear.  Mint green/aqua, coral, black, red, blue, chartreuse.  I like bold color combinations and color blocking :)

Are there any colors you dislike wearing?  I don't really do neon colors.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #373 on: July 21, 2012, 08:37:05 PM »
Great questions!

Favorite colors to wear:
Greens, browns, grays. I also love purple and dark blue. I like a deep pink, but light/neon pink looks awful on me.

Least favorite colors to wear:
I look terrible in bright colors. White, yellow, orange and red look ridiculous on me. :(
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 21, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »
What are everyone's favorite color to wear.
I like pastels like yellow, pink, and light blue :) I also like browns black and aqua/teal/turquoise.

Are there any colors you dislike wearing?
I really don't like to wear bright colors and I don't like wearing red or orange (unless it's a light, pastel orange!)

I have a question!

Do you have any pets? If so, do they like playing with toys and what kind of toys do they like?

My answer is - I have 2 chihuahuas and 2 toy poodles. They like small, soft toys and my smallest chihuahua and female poodle likes teensy tiny soft toys that she can carry around in her mouth and show off to everyone!
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal